DJ Tiesto...

seanpyl

2008-12-03 16:54:18

AT the crystal ballroom in Portland OR on the 17th. Techno and drugs for everyone! :lol:

badinfluence

2008-12-03 17:40:32

I wish I could go, but sadly I live in Ohio.

old time no.7

2008-12-03 18:04:47

i can't stand tiesto cult of personality dj types.
just for shits and giggles i went to ticketmaster to see how much that would be.
50.00... gtfo
here:
http://portland.going.com/event-461846; ... rd_PDX-mas
12.13.08 dirtybird party.
13.00 at the door
10.00 presale
worthy is my old dj buddy from sf.
if you can ever make it down to the party they thow in golden gate park every month it's worth the trip.

keefy

2008-12-03 23:12:39

If you liek that sort of thing.

provost

2008-12-04 00:59:24

bah, i wouldnt pay 50$ for stuff like tiesto...

I'd be willing to pay 150+ for Daft Punk tough. It's not about the music, it's the whole show, the entire show is takes you on another planet, every mix transition makes people go crrraaaazy. The Alive tourney was this one time in history where there couldve been an interracial young lesbian cheerleader orgy in the middle of the room and no one would've noticed. :lol:

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-12-04 01:35:30

.conflict wrote:bah, i wouldnt pay 50$ for stuff like tiesto...

I'd be willing to pay 150+ for Daft Punk tough. It's not about the music, it's the whole show, the entire show is takes you on another planet, every mix transition makes people go crrraaaazy. The Alive tourney was this one time in history where there couldve been an interracial young lesbian cheerleader orgy in the middle of the room and no one would've noticed. :lol:

my kinda party lmao!!

keefy

2008-12-04 02:20:08

I don't get why everyone and I do mean everyone always faces the DJ when dancing on the dance floor.
LOL I youtubed tiesto and it seems he only has 1 tune.

seanpyl

2008-12-04 02:20:44

Well if you people don't like hot girls, awesome music, lights, lasers and drugs then whatever. You won't bring me down. :)

keefy

2008-12-04 02:21:40

seanpyl wrote:Well if you people don't like hot girls, awesome music, lights, lasers and drugs then whatever. You won't bring me down. :)
My honeymoon is over :mrgreen:

seanpyl

2008-12-04 02:23:17

[GoTg] old time no.7 wrote:i can't stand tiesto cult of personality dj types.
just for shits and giggles i went to ticketmaster to see how much that would be.
50.00... gtfo
here:
http://portland.going.com/event-461846; ... rd_PDX-mas
12.13.08 dirtybird party.
13.00 at the door
10.00 presale
worthy is my old dj buddy from sf.
if you can ever make it down to the party they thow in golden gate park every month it's worth the trip.
Sorry but that looks like total crap. I'll stick to the rave.

{Rx}Crowbar Ninja DJ Z3R0

2008-12-04 09:50:18

I used to like Tiësto..

Still like his older shit.

Now? Nah.. I did get a chance to go to one of them concerts though!. Not $50 Less. :lol:

Theres a lot better stuff out there. Tiesto was just the gateway for me. Everything else I like much more.

Like the artist on my first gif! :D

Also... Concerts in any venue aren't the same as the DVD concerts there, buddy. And you'll be waiting all friggin night for the man to show up.

Trance is dying anyway.

seanpyl

2008-12-04 13:13:25

{Rx}Crowbar Ninja DJ Z3R0 wrote:.................................

I used to like Tiësto..

Still like his older shit.

Now? Nah.. I did get a chance to go to one of them concerts though!. Not $50 Less. :lol:

Theres a lot better stuff out there. Tiesto was just the gateway for me. Everything else I like much more.

Like the artist on my first gif! :D

Also... Concerts in any venue aren't the same as the DVD concerts there, buddy. And you'll be waiting all friggin night for the man to show up.

Trance is dying anyway.
Tell that to the millions of people that still enjoy it. To each his own.

s0iz

2008-12-04 16:48:22

badinfluence wrote:I wish I could go, but sadly I live in Ohio.
Really? A guy called Chris from Ohio came a few years ago to my neighborhood and I met him. Lol! If I am not remembering bad, Ohio has a small population, right?

badinfluence

2008-12-04 17:43:07

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio

We're 7th in the U.S.

old time no.7

2008-12-04 19:10:09

seanpyl wrote: Sorry but that looks like total crap. I'll stick to the rave.
to each his own back atcha.
what specifically looks like total crap.?. the lineup or the venue? both? i'm just curious.
JBL SR-X Series 6 bass bins w/ dual 18s & 4 tops w/ dual 15s & horns! and db is pure win for me.
have you ever heard of the dirty bird label? who else besides tiesto would you consider worth going to see live? or paying fifty bones for?
+
also do you go for the music, or the drugs,(i'll agree they can go hand in hand sometimes).
or regardless of who is playing or where just to have a good time?

i'll admit i have a bias to smaller parties where i know the promoter or the bar tender so i can save $ on heavy handed drinks rather than wait in line at overcrowded venues to ignored by wall flowers who spend more time on their mobile devices or can't handle their shit sick in the corner. i never understood people who pay all this money to miss the main reason of going to an event.

the big shows can be fun if you like the huge crowds. lots of people can be a lot of fun.

hope you have a good time.

keefy

2008-12-04 19:41:37

seanpyl

2008-12-04 21:46:35

[GoTg] old time no.7 wrote:
seanpyl wrote: Sorry but that looks like total crap. I'll stick to the rave.
to each his own back atcha.
what specifically looks like total crap.?. the lineup or the venue? both? i'm just curious.
JBL SR-X Series 6 bass bins w/ dual 18s & 4 tops w/ dual 15s & horns! and db is pure win for me.
have you ever heard of the dirty bird label? who else besides tiesto would you consider worth going to see live? or paying fifty bones for?
+
also do you go for the music, or the drugs,(i'll agree they can go hand in hand sometimes).
or regardless of who is playing or where just to have a good time?

i'll admit i have a bias to smaller parties where i know the promoter or the bar tender so i can save $ on heavy handed drinks rather than wait in line at overcrowded venues to ignored by wall flowers who spend more time on their mobile devices or can't handle their shit sick in the corner. i never understood people who pay all this money to miss the main reason of going to an event.

the big shows can be fun if you like the huge crowds. lots of people can be a lot of fun.

hope you have a good time.
Meh...nothing really. I was just responding to all of the negativity because I decided I am going to a RAVE with tiesto djing. I like the dude. Never said he was the best and I'm not going to pass him comming within 30 miles of my house either. I guess nothing is wrong with your event I was just excited about going to the Tiesto bullshit. You can't tell me I'm wrong for likeing a particular type of music or DJ. Who the fuck are you Ninja to tell me what I should and shouldnt listen to and why should I rely on your opinions on music and piss poor judgement? Just my opinion bassed on your stupid ass comments.
"Also... Concerts in any venue aren't the same as the DVD concerts there, buddy. And you'll be waiting all friggin night for the man to show up. Trance is dying anyway."
I'm really glad you are here to tell me that shit isnt the same as it is on DVD, "Buddy". You seem like a bitter bastard trying to rain on my parade. In either case FUCK you. :D

Anyway I go to alot of shows. I never said I only go to TIESTO concerts and I never claimed he was the best. I Like his music, he's comming to my area, I bought tickets and I'm going to it. MONEY isnt a problem for me and I go to the shows for a good time with friends, music and whatever else. I like the smaller shows as well you just pitched it to me like I should go to your friends show as apposed to what I had planned simply because you seemed to not like tiesto. There will probably be several smaller after parties in the area that I'll probably check out. The Crystal Ball room can only hold like a 1500 people so its not like its a HUGE show to begin with { http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=2&id=658 } it should be fun.

Freetux

2008-12-05 06:16:05

What is it with the u and internet drama :sketchy:

Have fun at the concert :)

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-12-05 07:00:23

Rafadagaffer wrote:What is it with the u and internet drama :sketchy:

Have fun at the concert :)

:agree: :lol:

cyboy bunny

2008-12-06 02:26:44

who the hell is dj tiesto ????

oke now serious, i wish you a good evening seanpyl with one off our great dj's .
and yes there are more and better producers/dj's in the dance scene. but tiesto is one off that guys that can create a very good set in means off building up en cooling down and has a good feeling how to interact with the crouwd. where most dj's stare at there tables, tiesto is looking into en reacting to the people.
started in his younger years with endles making house music in his bedroom in his parents house and sending tapes to everybody in the music industrie he could think off, he made his way up and promoted trance all over the world .thats the thing a like him for its not only a dj.

have fun :wink:

seanpyl

2008-12-07 01:37:43

cyboy bunny wrote:who the hell is dj tiesto ????

oke now serious, i wish you a good evening seanpyl with one off our great dj's .
and yes there are more and better producers/dj's in the dance scene. but tiesto is one off that guys that can create a very good set in means off building up en cooling down and has a good feeling how to interact with the crouwd. where most dj's stare at there tables, tiesto is looking into en reacting to the people.
started in his younger years with endles making house music in his bedroom in his parents house and sending tapes to everybody in the music industrie he could think off, he made his way up and promoted trance all over the world .thats the thing a like him for its not only a dj.

have fun :wink:
Thanks!

Meow!!

2008-12-07 04:39:11

Ah he's gonna be in Miami on the 27th.
To bad one ticket is 80 bills.

seanpyl

2008-12-19 03:21:19

Awesome fucking show. Shitty sound on the vid but you get the Idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AdR0AasiE