{EE}chEmicalbuRn

2009-01-22 18:23:49

FEAR 2 demo is out!!!

Potato

2009-01-22 23:25:14

whereeeee

ziggo0

2009-01-22 23:54:52

I hope the melee isn't retarded as hell like FEAR MP.

I KIK U FROM 20FT AWAY, LUZL.

badinfluence

2009-01-23 00:08:41

BlackRaven

2009-01-23 00:30:23

8)

Jelly Fox

2009-01-23 00:52:54

J. FOX :o

LEFT 4 DEAD :o

G

2009-01-23 03:24:21

BECAUSE NO OTHER GAME HAS EVER HAD A TRAIN IN IT

Jelly Fox

2009-01-23 06:03:47

Apart from railway tycoon of course :wink:

keefy

2009-01-23 06:10:34

Everything looked the same in Fear thats one reason why I hated it the other was that stupid slomo, perfect dark has it too ubut it never got used because it sucks at least in PD yu could revert it if you had the pills.

keefy

2009-01-23 21:16:25

After playing it it is very atmospheirc, I have not been this creeped out by a game since silent hill 2

dbanimal

2009-01-23 23:35:13

Ah yes, Silent Hill 2, my favorite of the series - great game!

L2k

2009-01-23 23:55:14

keefy wrote:After playing it it is very atmospheirc, I have not been this creeped out by a game since silent hill 2
I've never played silent hill2 (maybe I will now) but I have played almost every other fps type game and FEAR 1 was the first game that ever did give me a feeling of uneasiness or some how allowed me to get into it so far that things actually made me jump or become startled.
I played through the demo last night and FEAR 2 is the same way, this makes the game different to me than others as I enjoy that type of atmosphere. I will def buy this game and the graphics maxed out were quite impressive in the demo.

Nutri-Grain

2009-01-24 01:00:13

keefy

2009-01-24 01:09:34

L2k wrote:
keefy wrote:After playing it it is very atmospheirc, I have not been this creeped out by a game since silent hill 2
I've never played silent hill2 (maybe I will now) but I have played almost every other fps type game and FEAR 1 was the first game that ever did give me a feeling of uneasiness or some how allowed me to get into it so far that things actually made me jump or become startled.
I played through the demo last night and FEAR 2 is the same way, this makes the game different to me than others as I enjoy that type of atmosphere. I will def buy this game and the graphics maxed out were quite impressive in the demo.
I totally recomend silent hill 2, its not an FPS its kind of RPG, as for the creepiness its the ambient sounds and music that does it, it is seriously weird and twisted it gives me shivers down my spine and makes my hairs stand up. I have played silent hill 3 and 4 and neither gives the same creepiness.

Potato

2009-01-24 03:24:06

doom 3 scarred the shit out of me but fear is pretty bad too

munster

2009-01-24 05:37:17

keefy wrote:
L2k wrote:
I totally recomend silent hill 2, its not an FPS its kind of RPG, as for the creepiness its the ambient sounds and music that does it, it is seriously weird and twisted it gives me shivers down my spine and makes my hairs stand up. I have played silent hill 3 and 4 and neither gives the same creepiness.
Ok so i'm a big video game horror fan! I hate horror Films, ironic huh? but the games are great.
Alone in the Dark 5 was not scary at all! Great graphics, pretty cool play.
BUT, first game ever to scare me was Resident Evil.
Then Resident Evil 2, probably as good if not better than the first, scary wise.
But once games started getting better, playing those again these days probably wouldn't be as scared!
Silent Hill was also one of those scary games, it was the first and probably the best!
I absolutely love Silent Hill 2 though, it's just different than Silent Hill 1.
So if anything, they're the same in my book. Cause without SH1, SH2 wouldn't be here today!
I didn't get that far in SH3, and I have SH4 and SH5. I need to finish 3 first, then 4 and 5.
I would have to say there hasn't been an FPS to scare me until FEAR came about.
It was the first EVER, and i loved every minute of it. Great story delivery!
Doom 3 was a little scary, but it was easy to overcome! It used the same scare tactic as Resident Evil.
the "jump out at you and startle you to death" tactic.
But seriously, if you really want an immersive experience of getting creeped out and feeling helpless
you should definitely check out the Penumbra series. It's innovative, and fucking freaky.
it uses sound like no other game out there. you really ought to have a headset when playing that game
they even recommend a to use a damn headset. And to TURN out the lights, they recommend that too!
cause man i tell you, i nearly shat myself plenty while trying to solve a time sensitive puzzle with
weird creepy noises and things about, that you don't know whats going to happen to you if you don't get this right!
PENUMBRA is by far the scariest FPS i've ever played! and i'm scared to go back and finish it!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/penumbra/
well theres my two cents!

G

2009-01-24 05:40:41

Potato wrote:doom 3 scarred the shit out of me but fear is pretty bad too
lmao doom 3 is a joke compared to fear

1337_Byte

2009-01-24 08:11:33

FEAR is epic, I'm downloading the demo for Project Origin tomorow.

provost

2009-01-24 18:57:41

Condemned is prolly the PC fps that creeped the fuck out of me the most.

When you get to see the pattern in F.E.A.R *ie: you'll never hallucinate in a fight, if it's been awhile you havent shot anyone you'll start to see shit, you never get hurt while hallucinating* you just start blazing through without really caring.

Doom 3's pretty scary but i can't get past the 2nd level has it gets me bored as hell within an hour.

Nutri-Grain

2009-01-24 20:21:53

provost

2009-01-25 01:20:28