Custom HUD

keefy

2009-10-11 22:40:02

I downloaded some custom coloured hud from here which I like, but wanted to do more I want to remove the black panel behind the health and armour and ammo bits its there anyway to do it? I have tried looking in all maner of res and text files but I am stumped.
Also is it possible to change the text from "HEALTH" tho HP or even a symbol? same for armour.

How to change the colour of HP/armour when charging it stays default colours.

Ghost Dog_TSGK

2009-10-12 01:05:13

I have no idea if you can remove the background, but as far as the text goes I know you can change the font...

So in theory you could use a symbol font.

yang

2009-11-10 17:30:14

keefy wrote:...Also is it possible to change the text from "HEALTH" tho HP or even a symbol? same for armour.

How to change the colour of HP/armour when charging it stays default colours.
The text you're looking for is in the valve_english.txt file, get it via GCFScape.
Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find the HEALTH, AUX, SUIT, AMMO text.

The charging colors can be changed within the HudAnimations.txt, again, GCFScape ;)
You will find 3 values, one for low AUX is low, one when recovering, one if full (remove transparency here if you want)

ninjins

2009-11-10 23:43:38

interesting yang....but once you extract your valve_english.txt file and edit it, how do you get it back to where it needs to be? im assuming you can do this with gcfscape?

Dark Soul

2009-11-11 01:34:06

TiGGy wrote:interesting yang....but once you extract your valve_english.txt file and edit it, how do you get it back to where it needs to be? im assuming you can do this with gcfscape?
Open it with GCFscape and save it in the "resource" folder in hl2mp

ziggo0

2009-11-11 11:48:02

0nti

2009-11-11 16:59:41

ziggo0 wrote:Here's the one I made:

http://www.distantnexus.net/misc/dm_lockdown0005.jpg
I don't see those fonts informing me of my hp and suit status in the middle of a battle >_<
I would use something more "readable", but huds are mostly personal preference, so.... ;P

yang

2009-11-11 19:21:52

TiGGy wrote:interesting yang....but once you extract your valve_english.txt file and edit it, how do you get it back to where it needs to be? im assuming you can do this with gcfscape?
what Dark Soul said ;P

To answer keefy's other questions:

Yes it's also possible to have icons instead of text on the panels, I myself have it like that, but that needs a bit more work :D

To remove the greyish box behind the HUD infos you have to find this line in the ClientScheme.res (not far below the top):

Code: Select all

"BgColor"			"0 0 0 76"
and edit it to

"BgColor"			"0 0 0 0"
The first three numbers indicate the number, the last one the degree of transparency, in this example it s black with some transparency, which we edit to 0, which means fully transparent then, voila, boxes gone :)

ziggo0

2009-11-12 00:56:58

0nti wrote:
ziggo0 wrote:Here's the one I made:

http://www.distantnexus.net/misc/dm_lockdown0005.jpg
I don't see those fonts informing me of my hp and suit status in the middle of a battle >_<
I would use something more "readable", but huds are mostly personal preference, so.... ;P
Yeah, that was very true at first but I got used to it after a while. Like the original hud, health turns to a shade of red towards lower HP, I figure if the shotgun didn't kill me the first time the second hit will lol.

Dark Soul

2009-11-12 04:59:55

Here's my HUD (dont pay attention to the FPS counter, i took it while i was watching a demo lol)

The HS icon is from HL2CTF(credit for u guys) and idk if its possible to set it for every real headshot, by now im using it for every mag kill (looks cool :D)

Jerk

2009-11-12 11:50:14

Here's my HUD (dont pay attention to the FPS counter, i took it while i was watching a demo lol)
I tried, but i cant... OMG fps :woah: .
My HUD, if someone needs (see the attachments):

Armor is always shown on screen and its white, health is green if more than 25 hp left, turning red while getting less, same with energy bar, but when its full, its white, when more than 20%, its green, when less, its red.
Attachments
HUD, pic 3
HUD, pic 3
hud3.jpg (80.75 KiB) Viewed 873 times
HUD, pic 2
HUD, pic 2
hud2.jpg (83.45 KiB) Viewed 874 times
HUD, pic 1
HUD, pic 1
hud.jpg (89.34 KiB) Viewed 868 times

shonty

2010-08-07 11:35:29

download link??? :D:D:D:D...and ds fps >:O..I thuoght 300 was a lot.

ninojman

2010-08-07 19:10:38

shonty wrote:download link??? :D:D:D:D...and ds fps >:O..I thuoght 300 was a lot.

It's a paused or slowed demo ss. Not from a server real time. You can get way up there in frames if it is the same frame over and over.

Sacrifist

2011-04-25 02:17:38

yang wrote:
what Dark Soul said ;P

To answer keefy's other questions:

Yes it's also possible to have icons instead of text on the panels, I myself have it like that, but that needs a bit more work :D

To remove the greyish box behind the HUD infos you have to find this line in the ClientScheme.res (not far below the top):

"BgColor"			"0 0 0 76"
and edit it to

"BgColor"			"0 0 0 0"
The first three numbers indicate the number, the last one the degree of transparency, in this example it s black with some transparency, which we edit to 0, which means fully transparent then, voila, boxes gone :)
Any chance for an explanation on how to get the icons instead of the text? Sorry for the resurrection, but Im doing some hud work and this has been annoying me. Has anyone ran across a good tutorial or experience with replacing the text with icons? CS:S uses icons, but I havent really figured out how they are placing them on the hud.