DJ

{EE}chEmicalbuRn

2011-06-15 04:31:07

hey DJ,

i was going thru my favs and saw the link to your mix. how did that contest turn out for you? never heard anything about it.

{Rx}Crowbar Ninja DJ Z3R0

2011-06-22 07:03:56

Well last I checked I got over 1000 plays on it which pushed me up into the top 15 in overall popularity.

However the day before or the day of the deadline they changed the rules a little bit (Removing the required 8 tracks rule) and the finalists were chosen by judges who completely ignored the judging criteria. Only two of the finalists had over 100 plays and the rest didn't even reach 50.

So I at least got a retweet from a record label owner/artist and a shitton of plays all over the world but the contest seemed severely rigged. Thats about all that happened. Some people bitched and moaned, I just gave the whole situation a giant 'MEH' after the initial shock subsided. Sure I got mad but its not like they were gonna have a recount.

Yup, thats about it. Keep an eye out for a summer mix soon as well as another thing I'm working on. :p

provost

2011-06-22 15:34:51

heh I guess it happens everywhere, in most design contests judges often ignores their own rules its bs.

Anywho, congrats making it that far! Also I was wondering what gear you're using?
I got Ableton a KP3 and an MPK61 and it does pretty much anything i'd want an hardware setup to do. Or are you software only?

Let me know!

{EE}chEmicalbuRn

2011-06-22 20:27:35

thats sounds like a lot of bull shit. you got hosed. but you're right, getting pissed isnt going to get you anywhere. do you have the link to the "winner's" mix?