Hey - Wordsworth

wordsworth

2007-08-23 21:31:37

i have been playing first person shooters since the days of the original wolfenstein, but i had never played online with live peeps until i took up
halflife2dm about 15 months ago. at first i did nothing but die.

i was born on quantum leap, and when that died started playing wrw. i joined tS more or less for the heck of it, because at the time tS was the only server i knew about that was fairly frequently active. i am an admin on moodle.

i take an abstract interest in the game, and have spent countless hours discussing the finer points with peeps like muleKick, Etwon, Titanium Squirel, Dirk, Nino, A Seagull, etc. Finally I can bhop pretty well, and perform most advanced techniques, although i still find it hard to time the grav repulse on orbs, and take rpgs away with a stunstick. still trying to wire my hands to my brain via the eyes. trying to just look and shoot. trying to play without thinking. its just so cool when you're totally immersed.

i am interested in learning more about the community at large, and enjoy writing, so i guess that's why i'm here. the first half of my life was pretty intensely academic, greek and latin, omg, phd program in english, wtf was i thinking? but then i did a bunch of weird stuff like open a restoration body shop, and an import car store. then, with practically no experience i built a 5200 sq foot apartment building starting by digging a basement under it with bobcats, while holding the house on stilts. try taking the stiltsout lol when its time to placeteel posts and beams!. learned how to weld. built a two story helical stairway out of steel, with translucent treads poured out of lucite polymer. made a stained glass window. built furniture out of concrete, vanities
with integral sinks and that sort of thing. made translucent walls and translucent ceilings. generally speaking got my ass kicked: what you call a learning experience; done now, and ready for the next gig.

in any case, hi to everyone. recognize lots of names, but see plenty i dont know. looking forward to poking around and figuring out what's going on here with y'all.
:lol:

Thorofin

2007-08-23 21:34:20

Welcome to da Family...

siteadmin

2007-08-23 21:48:25

Welcome wordsworth. It is good to see you here. What you may not realize is that one of your war room threads contributed to the decision to create HL2DMU:

http://www.thewar-room.net/modules.php? ... pic&t=1899

ninojman

2007-08-23 21:58:26

Word!!!

whats up buddy, always a pleasure :)

and what your saying is your apartment is basicly hacks?! O_O

ya for FPS games from '93 :) omg once i stole the pistol from the guard and shot the other and saw the blood spat out i was hooked on fps

MeekMeekle

2007-08-23 23:10:54

YAY! i played on moodle yesterday! w00t!

ancientcitizentwo was the map!

badinfluence

2007-08-23 23:54:04

Whasup.

- I can tell you like to write. That's the biggest intro i've seen ^_^