hey its briggs

Briggs

2008-01-16 02:44:16

nade maeggs wrote:Yeh iam interested in it too. Does look like its dm pro.
its not, its on DoC server, and I have given this map to many people, and many people have completed it. you can ask [vdus] scar or any other DoC members if you like, and if that does not help, I can show you myself, I have done this way too many times now... on lots of different servers, NOT PRO MOD. I actually dint even have pro mod until I finished it.

thatguy

2008-01-16 03:15:29

whats the server ip so if i see it on i can go get it?

Jelly Fox

2008-01-16 03:18:14

@Nade: I doubt this was done in Pro, if Briggs says it isn't then I believe him, he's helped me out over the last week or so, so I know he can do these jumps :D

Join him in a server and you'll see what i mean.

nade maeggs

2008-01-16 23:35:46

didnt said it looks like pro after he told me its not lol just said it looks like it :wink:
would you mind sharing that map :D wanna do it too :)

old time no.7

2008-01-17 22:25:15

Briggs wrote:
Charles wrote:You played for only one month and you're making that map? HOLY ****.

Yes, that is my first map, but a hl2dm player named JF style has compleatly stole my idea and has taken almost full credit, he re-made my map with the same style and texturs. becasue I am new to hammer, he did a way better job and releaced it befor my map got out of the beta stage.

Altho my map is much more of a chaleng, hehe
is this his map? jumpstyles_v2? your map in the youtube video seemed longer than this one is.

REJECTED

2008-01-17 22:37:13

No, that is not his map. This is the JF style guy or whatever, I believe he's a euro. That's the map Briggs mentioned, the guy ripped off Briggs work. The same looks etc... Now I don't know that for sure, but that's from what Briggs says, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

the_big_cheese

2008-01-17 23:41:10

I wouldn't say using the crate textures was exactly an original idea. And from what was in your video, the only concept he really copied was the double bar bunny hopping part. So what it looks like is that he saw the map you were working on, liked the idea, and decided to make one of his own version. Theres nothing wrong with that, that's about 99% of the maps out there.

BTW I think it's fishy that after multiple requests you still haven't posted a link to download YOUR map.

REJECTED

2008-01-17 23:50:34

I'll agree with all that...sure the orange texture is used in a lot of maps. I don't give a shit either way really...I just want to play the map by Briggs...stylejumps is a great map as well.

Jelly Fox

2008-01-18 01:36:41

I'd be pretty pissed if I had made an original map and someone came along and copied my idea :evil:
the_big_cheese wrote:BTW I think it's fishy that after multiple requests you still haven't posted a link to download YOUR map.
I have the unfinished version of the map (asked him for it and he sent me it no problem) so it does exist , nothing fishy about it.
He'll post it up eventual but all he's saying is that he doesn't want to share it with the rest of the world until it's fully finished...simple, nothing wrong with that! so have a little patience and respect the man's wishes. GAWD :roll:

REJECTED

2008-01-18 02:11:19

That's an awesome sig ^^

Briggs

2008-01-19 00:48:09

I will put my map shown in the video and my other one ( no one has seen it yet ) on file front as soon as possible people!!!

and btw JF-styles was one of the first people to play on my map, he never mentioned anything about his map, or that he was making anything simmiler, then a few weeks later after having my map, he all the suden has a map that is very similier.... I have no PROOF that he copied my map but I came up with the texture set and the all the movement testing on my own, and now there just happends to be a map that came out by a guy who tested my map a few weeks before and even used the same texturs and puzzles... thats all I have to say about that.

that movement map was my first one and I feel very dicuraged after I work on it so long and then styles creats a map with the exact same ideas. :?

Walking Target

2008-01-19 01:57:36

Yeah, you gotta be careful who you trust to test your maps.