the movie vault

Blasphemy

2008-08-24 12:57:59

i think we should try and get more vids put up there, i saw they had finality which was koo they even had a little review for it.

http://www.sourceradio.com/modules.php? ... ch&id=1153

SND

2008-08-24 16:48:35

i have got two up so far got three movie going to be added. But they have to be really good quality to be added to there collection if u want others,

0nti

2008-08-24 16:51:10

yeah getting videos on the movie vault is important ...some players said they liked the game and might start playing it, specially after watching the omfg moments on some of the videos.
How do you "add" them though? talk with an admin or what? I dunno how mine was added o.0

SND

2008-08-24 17:44:37

simple register and request in the hl2 tread which videos you want added with a link and information to it like who made it what sort of video it is. A admin will look at it and uploaded it with his or her review if they think it is worth being part of there premier collection.

0nti

2008-08-24 19:21:13

oh, I had no idea... ;o

Walking Target

2008-08-24 20:19:43

Shit, lets see if we can get most of the best vids from the frag video archives here posted.

0nti

2008-08-25 01:19:10

what do you have in mind? :)

poconut

2008-08-25 02:13:54

Here are the ones that I thought of.
Ode to hl2dm
Art of War
Finality
Game Over
Unwonted
Conflict's Video

There are other good ones, but I find that these have unique value.

Ode to hl2dm captures (at least in me) those little quirks that make hl2 a great game. It's like a hl2dm dream, a good dream that makes you happy and sad at the same time.

Art of War simply has the best editing, period. The frags aren't the best, but they're tasteful and especially impressive looking for new players (not meant to be an insult, it's just that new players can't appreciate certain frags). The music is also great.

Finality is already up there, but it's good because it's of the community. It's like a video "of the players, by the players, for the players."

Game Over is also already up there. My personal opinion, but I think that this is the best video of this game. It has a kill from every weapon, and clearly demonstrates advanced techniques. If I was going to show a new player the potential in this game, I would show them this video.

Unwonted is on there, and it's also great because it shows the potential for greatness in the game, especially with grenade jumping. I would think that this video would catch the eyes of quake and unreal players because of all the in-air action.

Finally, conflicts video. I consider it the most underrated hl2dm movie. It has everything required of a good frag video, except that the quality is somewhat lacking. But what compensates for the quality is the music selection. I tried experimenting with nonconventional music in my videos, but with no success. Conflict's vid takes a different approach to the music, and it turned out perfect. I can't explain it, so I won't try to. It is legend.

So yeah, those are my choices for a hall of fame.

Jelly Fox

2008-08-25 03:01:27

poconut wrote:Here are the ones that I thought of.
Ode to hl2dm
Art of War
Finality
Game Over
Unwonted
Conflict's Video
Good chooses, I totally agree. Although the ones in bold are already there. :P

Walking Target

2008-08-25 07:12:30

I think Blow Me Away is a good little vid, A-Masters perhaps, Yes Way by Holy Moly, and CAL highlights by LsD.

Ghost Dog_TSGK

2008-08-25 07:35:39

They have recently been adding hl2dm vids since the beginning of summer, I think it began with unwonted by onty.

The source radio community is vocal about wanting to see more hl2 frag videos, so far the category is ruled by machinima movis created by litfuse productions, they do some sweet things with source and they prefer hl2 as a base over all, they still use it to date.

Although the source radio admins come to expect some pretty flashy effects in their approved movies that most of ours don't quite have, the epic display of the frags is what's getting hl2 videos approved, the game is getting a lot more notice from sourceradio though I'm glad blas brought this up, I've been thinking about it also.

SND

2008-08-25 08:13:21

for a vid to be added to moive vault it should not be wmv file the quality has to be pretty good so avi should be a must format. Second the editing does not have flashy but it should be clear that editing has been applied of where frags go so putting frags together in a random order in a frag vid the more unlikely it would be put in. Also no fraps.

Please only request vids to be added that deserve to show what this game is about last thing we would want is people requesting poor vids to be added you be wasting the admins time and will make them not want to look at another hl2dm vid because of it.

Experience HL2DM by Netrex
HL2DM - More Than a Game by A-Master
The Art of War by Team Cyn
Finality (x264 encoded) by {HE} holymoly-noway
Master Vik - The Movie
I have already request these vids to be added two of them have already been uploaded. Other three are coming but don't expect them soon because the best damn movie comp period is going on there until September and they trying to get as many people to see them so they can vote. ( I voted korean up rising complete eye candy and great editing it short but has allot of energy carried thro it)

edit: wish hl2dm vid could compete in it would be great to create a vid and enter it into a comp.

svN

2008-08-25 11:54:16

Good to see someone else is following thebestdamnmoviecomp :D and yeah koreanuprising is the best there :mrgreen: .

ninojman

2008-08-25 16:32:59

nice, ya the more places we can get these good videos the better.

Also Briggs you still working man?

badinfluence

2008-08-25 20:00:31

I really wanna see metamorphosis up there. I don't think anyone truly appreciated that frag video as much as I did.

Walking Target

2008-08-25 20:07:19

badinfluence wrote:I really wanna see metamorphosis up there. I don't think anyone truly appreciated that frag video as much as I did.
:|

0nti

2008-08-26 00:58:17

also, onti- i forgive you for getting 0.2 higher than me on your vault staff review. you crunchy whore.
haha wait for my new project, and I'll hopefully get a bit more than that :twisted: :D

Jelly Fox

2008-08-26 02:11:29

0nti wrote:
also, onti- i forgive you for getting 0.2 higher than me on your vault staff review. you crunchy whore.
haha wait for my new project, and I'll hopefully get a bit more than that :twisted: :D
Unwonted TF2? :P

0nti

2008-08-26 03:04:57

haha not yet >,< clan scrims scene hasn't started yet ;P we are hoping to get something done soon though...but I'd need to get better on tf2 to get some cool stuff and make a nice vid. ;P

badinfluence

2008-08-26 04:50:02

Walking Target wrote:
badinfluence wrote:I really wanna see metamorphosis up there. I don't think anyone truly appreciated that frag video as much as I did.
:|

What!? What!? I was being serious.

0nti

2008-08-26 04:53:56

maybe he meant like..
nobody appreciated it enough? :cry: :(
I did though ! <3 u WT
Probably best bloopers to date too ;P

Walking Target

2008-08-26 20:44:42

@ BI: I didn't think you were serious because you said it didn't really show anything that hadn't been seen before when I released it. :?

@ Onti: Thanks man.

The reality is that it looks very dated now because of all the cool videos that have been released since. At the time of release, Art of War was the gold standard for HL2DM frag videos. I still enjoy it though, as it documents my early play in the game. Notice I am wearing the GoTg tag in some of the frags. I had barely learned to bhop at that point.

0nti

2008-08-26 23:59:53

yeah I know what you mean..some of the videos that were great in the past are now avarage or whatever... if you watch it is just to remember old times or cuz you consider it a classic.... but meh I guess that happens with most videos sooner or later... you don't know what people will be pulling off in this game in dunno, 5 years from now ;O

thatguy

2008-08-27 00:51:01

one of my favorite sites been watching some of the css vids for the past month or so and they are awsome and some ppl could get some tips :) be sure to watch and vote http://www.sourceradio.com/modules.php? ... e=BestDamn