demo slow motion question

DIE_bastards

2008-12-09 14:23:44

another annoying event onto my brains Oo
I'm slowly making a fragmvie and met a shit thing: when I'm shooting video from slowed demo (demo_timescale 0.25) it is being shot always like the demo_timescale is 1. last time i shot another scene and it looked np on 0.5 slo-mo. since that time i changed nothing in my config, only changed movie resolution from 1280x720 to 1024x640 wtf oO
did anyone had same problem? pls tell the solution - i don't wanna use FRAPS cz it shoots jerky and can't idet split sound and frames
EDIT:
OK, found it! :D just setting host_framerate as many times 30 as times to slow the footage down makes the deal

for it not to be a spam - advice to moviemakers from me: if you want you slo-mo to be smooth and with sound, shoot it slowed and make avi with no sound, then, using game engine, shoot it with normal speed and take only sound. Use progs like Nero Wave Editor to change sound length and pitch. Then u can synchornize sound and video using your movie editor

0nti

2008-12-09 15:47:19

yup, command was host_framerate, not timescale haha, but it seems you figured it out yourself.
Any other problem just ask and I'll see if I can be of more help ;P

SND

2008-12-09 16:48:53

you can record avi and sound together and then seperate the two in sony vegas then just scale back the avi film to the length of the audio. Then you can group them and then strench shorten to do diffrent for play back speeds for sync to the music.

see now it not spam.

DIE_bastards

2008-12-09 20:37:05

yeah, but prefer using sound editor before - can easily clean frequencies with equaliser (stretched sound is often shitty), put any effects etc. with fixed slo-mo the intro scene looks as sweet as it had been imagined :D
hope to finish it in 5-6 weeks.
soundtrack hardrock, bigbeat; length 8-12 min, resolution written above, style - dynamic (hope and trying)