Son of Dad - Another Frag Video

Son of Dad

2009-07-12 21:25:45

Hey guys, this is my first attempt at a frag video.

Many of you won't know me but i'm an old player from Australia. The only exposure i've had is from Holy's Community Video.

Back to the video, my first ever project using Sony Vegas Pro. I had some trouble with the encoding of the file to make it a decent size for you guys to download. I'm not a pro at Sony Vegas, so i was learning along the way but the tutorials on youtube helped alot.

My thoughts on this video is just a compilation of how i played back then (which isn't really that long ago) but it was effective for a long time. So instead of having ricochetting bolts i've always thought why not just put a bullet in his head. So this video reflects how i play, simple but effective. So not too many effects in the video but i tried my best to sync it :D

These frags were mostly taken from the 1v1 tournament we had on dm_lockdown. Therefore, its kinda short and sweet because everyone gets sick of the same map.

So here it is: http://www.filefront.com/14025569/SonofDad.mp4

I really would appreciate some feedback as i'm looking forward to making frag videos in TF2 now.

Shoutouts to all the players from AUS, made the dodgy game that was HL2DM into something really enjoyable. Shoutout to Holymoly, Onti, and DarkSoul, even though you guys don't know me, your frag videos were great and really helped in how i shaped this one.

Hope you guys enjoy!

blutonium boy

2009-07-12 23:31:29

for the 1st video ...ok.
what bugged me was the soundtrack, this and a few other bands are a totally no-go because everyone uses them, e.g. pendulum meanwhile too ^^
the vid would look much better without the brackets, the chat text and the aux /hud. onti and holy gave some good help here in the forum
and i would be so happy to see more than just lockdown frags ^^
+ filefront was pretty slow, maybe you can find some other upload hoster. but the good thing thing is that you did`nt up it on google xD
for the next vid, watch a few other hl2dm vids to see whats important for the vid itself ( style , not the frags)
all in all, ok

t3rribl3on3

2009-07-14 18:39:20

you know i like it sod i can give you the details to upload it to mdclan.org if you want.

Walking Target

2009-07-14 21:36:04

I'll mirror it here as soon as I get a chance too. DLing now.

Walking Target

2009-07-16 01:41:02

The Argumentalizer

2009-07-16 01:54:36

I enjoyed it. Good job giving Pincus props because you frag him an awful lot in the film!

Son of Dad

2009-07-19 07:16:07

Thanks guys, i'll remember all the tips for the next video i make. However, it will most likely be a tf2 vid :lol: