What I would like to see from a frag video

Pseudonym

2010-09-14 03:56:03

Killstreaks, sneaky maneuvers and pure ownage.

I have looked at alot of frag vids, they dont seem to provide this.

Come on where are the kill streaks?

Who has the best kill streak.

Ghost Dog_TSGK

2010-09-14 04:45:23

Nutri-Grain

2010-09-14 06:39:29

Maxtasy

2010-09-14 13:17:42

are you talking about modern warfare2?

Pernicious

2010-09-14 14:43:08

Nutri-Grain wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:Killstreaks, sneaky maneuvers and pure ownage.

Shutup.
NO!
FUCKING!
YOU SHUT UP FUCKIN, PUKEBURP!

FUCK!
ATLEAST HIS SHOTGUN IS MORE POWERFULL THEN A LOCOMOTIVE?

chickenmobile

2010-09-14 16:06:46

I agree... most frag vids only show epic pwnage kills -> edit & cut... where's the shopping sprees and ownage over many kills? Shunnyboy's frag vids are a good example of this :).

{EE}chEmicalbuRn

2010-09-14 16:42:47

the kill streak thing doesnt make any sense. a good frag vid is showing of kills sequenced in an entertaining way. to show a kill streak you would have to use a lot of "nonkill" time in between. that would be a waste. if you made it to jump from one kill to another during that kill streak then thats essentially the samething a normal frag vid. the other reason why you dont see this is because most of the frag vids are made by comp style players from comp matches which are never played on servers that award these kill streaks.

zeik

2010-09-14 18:39:55

Theres a lot of 5man deag, or 4k's (CSS), editors makes it that it seems fast and that the player killed them really fast, but actually its not (Velocity Control), so i guess its all about edit.

Dark Soul

2010-09-14 23:21:18

chickenmobile wrote:I agree... most frag vids only show epic pwnage kills -> edit & cut... where's the shopping sprees and ownage over many kills? Shunnyboy's frag vids are a good example of this :).
obviously if you play a random 15 vs 1, you'll get a spree (not considering the staged frags).

also..it's all about on how impressive the streaks are, because is not the same killing 10 guys with the rpg (lame) or killing 2-3 guys with nice airshots, which is hard to do due the mechanism of the game.

i personally like a sick-leet well edited shot instead a repetitive spree with the same weapon.

zeik

2010-09-15 00:30:04

Dark Soul wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:I agree... most frag vids only show epic pwnage kills -> edit & cut... where's the shopping sprees and ownage over many kills? Shunnyboy's frag vids are a good example of this :).
obviously if you play a random 15 vs 1, you'll get a spree (not considering the staged frags).

also..it's all about on how impressive the streaks are, because is not the same killing 10 guys with the rpg (lame) or killing 2-3 guys with nice airshots, which is hard to do due the mechanism of the game.

i personally like a sick-leet well edited shot instead a repetitive spree with the same weapon.
exactly

Nutri-Grain

2010-09-15 01:20:18

thatguy

2010-09-15 02:09:27

Kill streaks don't really have a place in many frag videos in any game. Quad run clips in Quake videos work well because they don't drag on and the kills can still be impressive. Showing kill streaks in most games would be much longer clips and the video would be boring. Watch a demo if you want to see kill streaks

chickenmobile

2010-09-15 04:07:19

lololololol noone noticed I said shopping sprees instead of killing sprees... I would like to see a vid of Deathwish shopping around for a new set of shoes :D

Pernicious

2010-09-15 06:12:23

Or a $70 mouse :wink:

two snails

2010-09-15 09:35:22

Nutri-Grain wrote:1v1 me and I'll show you a 15 minute long killstreak.
ohnoyoudidnt

L2K_GENOCIDE

2010-09-15 10:56:28

You want to see a really decent frag vid with some "kill streaks" in it?

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTvKjv4rHrI

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ki2q1l ... re=related

Nuff Said. Enjoy.

Ghost Dog_TSGK

2010-09-15 21:28:00

Why don't you make one.

Dark Soul

2010-09-15 23:38:26

L2K_GENOCIDE wrote:You want to see a really decent frag vid with some "kill streaks" in it?

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTvKjv4rHrI

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ki2q1l ... re=related

Nuff Said. Enjoy.
Pubbin' ain't easy.

Ade

2010-09-27 12:33:14

genocide, pub or no pub, thats a really awesome vid, ty :P oh and lol @2nd vid, 1:01!
random xbow shots, no matter how awesome they may seem will never be as impressive as 1 awesome xbow in a killstreak. those can be EASILY staged and/or lucky shots and looks like no one has any suit ever, unlike in this vid!
I, too, am a fan of killstreak vids, pseudo :P like i said, wrong place, wrong time

koncentrate

2010-09-29 13:13:11

off-topic but anytime i see new posts in this thread im afraid that its a new video from shun with massive smg-nade shotgun combos :oops:

SND

2010-09-30 03:46:17

I might as well give opinion on what I like to see in frag movie.

Focusing on content solely what I like to see is intelligent play more than anything else. So what I mean by intelligent play well what I don't mean is luck shots. For example throwing a nade half way across the map randomly or shooting at the same spot multiple times with a xbow hoping for a kill. Let face xbow bounce are so not interesting any more since after 'game over' unless they are purely reaction based or on the fly thinking. You know what I mean those countless frag movies with the typical drawn out rail cam shot. So what would be intelligent play well simply out smarting you opponent predicting where they are going to go or what they are going to do. Since this game has so many methods of killing with physics and grav gun opportunities are endless which is a great way to show skill and technique.

That brings me to skill and technique. I don't watch frag movies to see talentless nonames racking up kills with no skill. I want to see players top of their game using bhop movement and fast reflexes and deadly aim. In this game skill and technique don't always win you games it more of who has rpg the most or camps the best or spams the most. Frags movies are a chance to show off your skill it is no means a way of showing how much of a winner you are. I fully admit that I am guilty of trying to get kills in the game in the hardest way possible if I got a rpg and mag im most likely going to use the mag and try and pull of a impossible shot but that just the sort of player I am. Thankfully there are Frag movies :)

On kill sprees just like many things is depends. Obviously rpg kill after rpg kill is boring so is countless shotgun kills with smg nads. But if it against good opposition like where one player clears area held by the other team with some sick shots and smart play, Its what I would call top draw material for a frag movie.

Also lastly pub footage no matter how good is worthless in my eyes there is no way the viewer knows the content is legit and simply frags against players that know how to play the game is worth so much more.

chickenmobile

2010-09-30 03:59:00

Maybe you should check out some of the frag vids posted here: http://www.hl2dm-university.com/forum/p ... 813#p76813
Neolinkster posted as many as they could.

Panic

2010-10-02 17:47:26

Pseudonym wrote:Killstreaks, sneaky maneuvers and pure ownage.

Someone douse this guy in holy fire already FUCK

Ade

2010-10-07 20:26:55

lol who said anything about camping, spamming or whoring the rpg? its not about getting A WHOLE lot of kills, its about staying alive while getting a lot of kills for which im sure u need both skill and luck to succeed. i know sometimes its worth a beautiful mag shot instead of 2 rpg kills, but also sometimes its worth 2, 3 shotty kills and staying alive, than 1 mag kill and dying. It is just as brave and more practical and smarter even. It is also about the viewer knowing the player's and enemies' health better and make it look more real than random xbow shots when like no one has any suit like ever lol
and yes id like to see the lil cat and mouse game also, when prediction is involved. but if its too long, ppl get bored so.. its a gamble :)