Draft Night 9 Maps/Date

ninojman

2008-04-01 17:44:16

K so I'm thinking we might need a small break althou we Did get to 32 players althou at 6:35pm est we had 25 so i went with doing 4 teams 16 players, and Para (Thanks Para) helped get a mix match with those extra players.
But please post in this format

Maps you would like to play
Dm_lockdown_r3
Dm_bast
dm_overwatch

(I will talley up the map names and then post a vote on thrusday, so if a map you like has been posted before you remember to get your vote in by saying the map again, to let us know you want w/e map it is.)

i wanna play normal draft time on 4/13/08

If you want to play the draft on friday or saturday, someone needs to step-up with balls of steel and be an admin for the draft, cuz i don't commit to any games on those days. (to all those people that say saturday would be a great day for the draft, i say, hold one on saturday then, I may or may not be around)

Paradox

2008-04-02 04:51:40

Overwatch is too small for 4v4 unless someone wants to at least double the weapons in the map.

Anonymous

2008-04-02 05:29:32

Question: It seems 6 times 4 equals 24. We had at least 24 or more. There were FOUR captains picked. 4 teams started Drafting and then left everyone else to play some kind of Pick up game that Paradox had to do all the work to put together. Why?

I think it would be a good idea to have list of at least 10 permanent captains with servers (if possible) selected.
The first 4 or 6 or 8 or even more would start the draft and you take the first largest number divisible by 4, IE, the first 16-20-24-28-32 who show on time and use the captains and then draft.
Is there a way to time stamp folks entry into Vent and then give 10 minutes to draw in extra players to get to high 4 divisible number?

Also, if U-participating clans supported Draft night with their match servers on Draft night, it wouldn't really matter who was captain and there would places to play, smoother running.

Paradox

2008-04-02 06:22:25

I asked the same question Impala and I agree with the answer.

The reason is because with 2 and 4 teams, no team is left waiting around for half an hour. With a 6th team (3rd pair) they would have to wait around for 30 minutes while the other 2 that won round 1 played then round 2 then one of those teams would have to wait around. Thats what happened on the last draft night when there werent enough people. It works better with 4 or 8 teams.

ninojman

2008-04-02 08:02:14

Paradox wrote:Overwatch is too small for 4v4 unless someone wants to at least double the weapons in the map.
just an ex. para i'll post my map selections later

and in hind site i should have switched to 3v3 format(needing only 24 players). Althou i don't really like this because you have so few picks teams will likely be uneven.....meh i guess not team 1 would get the 1st and last pick, and team 8 would get the 8th and 9th picks

And as far as Para doing a mix match, i'm not sure how smooth that went, but she has shown in the past she can handle it better then most and get some games going.

I just felt like people were getting ready to leave and are numbers topped at 28/29 then feel back to 24/25

And people just need to step up and be captains, maybe i shouldn't call it captain that implies you need to lead. All you need is to know people in the community and their skill levels.

Paradox

2008-04-02 09:01:33

It went fine we got one match with 2 teams of 4. I thought after that yea I could have dont 3v3 as well and had 4 teams. I should have done that it would have gotten everyone to play so I am sorry about that to those that didnt. I will know better next time.

The only potential problem was the password thing, cause I had to bug you for them.

Nino I dont mind helping out with the draft, but soon, Fridays and Saturdays are gona get harder for me when summer gets here. Sundays are best for me too.

Maybe we should call it server operator or RCON.

badinfluence

2008-04-02 20:12:41

Uhm, if you are going do three v three. I would suggest this way. I will demonstrate with only four teams.

Team 1 picks.
Team 2 picks.
Team 3 picks.
Team 4 picks.
Team 4 picks.
Team 3 picks.
Team 2 picks
Team 1 picks.

ninojman

2008-04-09 17:12:40

ok i get to pick maps?

dm_zeta_prefinal
dm_caverns_r1
tdm_warlock

[EYE] Valar

2008-04-09 19:32:52

TDM_WARLOCK woah. i hear is noice map!!!

Walking Target

2008-04-09 19:54:24

I say excellent choices Nino.

Paradox

2008-04-09 20:15:07

Very curious how tdm_warlock plays as 4v4. Hopefully my team makes it to the final :roll:

Or maybe I can spectate it?

ninojman

2008-04-09 20:23:48

Paradox wrote:Very curious how tdm_warlock plays as 4v4. Hopefully my team makes it to the final :roll:

Or maybe I can spectate it?

ya me too!!

I was gonna make it the first map BUT I THINK PARADOX WOULD YELL AT ME SO I DIDN'T!!!!!!!!

Paradox

2008-04-09 20:35:31

:?

Lets be honest, the teams that are eliminated first are the ones that are overall less experienced and skilled. I would like to see what two more seasoned teams can do on that map. So yeah Id like to spectate if possible.