*NEW* Group Drawings for Round of 2 and 3

Va|iums

2010-07-03 01:22:15

Hello here are the new drawings for round of two. I randomized the three losers into one column, randomized three winners into one column, picked the middle clan of each column and paired them. The rest of the clans are loser v. loser, and winner v. winner.

Round of 2 Group A Schedule

em0 (1-0) vs $W (0-0 ATM)
|411| (0-1) vs pceK? (0-1)
Cooldown (1-0) vs. Team =] (0-0 ATM)

Round of 2 Group B Schedule

ewR.| (1-0) vs. Xs (1-0)
|911| (1-0) vs Team Mexican (0-1) Sorry brahs, got the unlucky middle draw to face a winner
TPA (0-1) vs. nyne-1-1 (0-1)

ROUND OF THREE TO BE ADDED AFTER THIS COMPLETES

After the Round of three the best records per group advance to championship game, if there is a tie between clans in records, say two clans get 3-0, or 2-1 you will have to play a tiebreak to see who advances to the championship.

////Thanks Va|1ums

Va|iums

2010-07-13 21:46:31

Round of 3 /// Last Round unless upsets happen best records advance.

Group A Schedule

em0 (2-0) vs |411| (1-1)
pceK (1-1) vs [= (0-2)
$W (1-1) cooldown (2-0)

Group B Shedule

Xs (2-0) vs. |911| (1-1)
ewR (1-1) vs |TPA| (1-1)
team mexican (1-1) vs nyne-1-1 (0-2)

Here's your big chance kigha to prove your faster and better then everyone. TBH I dont expect ewR to finish their last match, so there's a solid chance 4 teams could move to 2-1 if |911| wins against |Xs| in which case there will be a double elimination. You have until Sunday, STRICT to get these done. I will not extend this time.

Mods please unsticky round of 2 results threads and sticky the round of 3 threads.
GLHF

MondaySunshine

2010-07-14 04:39:51

Enough. I've had quite enough.

No more demos. No demos will be posted. No demos will be required. It's been made quite clear to me that this demo rule doesn't work. It's just not a viable rule. I want to thank everyone for making that completely clear.

That means that, retroactively (and according to the game score for that matter), pcek won their match. Zman and Confused, please stand down.

That also means that you don't have to record your game in the next round.

In the actual iteration of eFPS, we will post SourceTV demos next to screenshots of the match. That way the admins can be in charge of posting only one demo. We can save storage space on our server and require even less from the players, still getting the same result.

I'm going to ask one more time - let's all just move past this and play the game we all enjoy.

voz

2010-07-14 06:21:59

YES! our plan worked

Fearsome*

2010-07-15 00:09:14

What is the deal with the idiotic decision making process here? Demos should be required. Otherwise its an open invitation for cheaters to cheat harder. No respectable league that I am aware of excuses players from recording first person demos.

Da1

2010-07-15 00:17:57

Fearsome* wrote:What is the deal with the idiotic decision making process here? Demos should be required. Otherwise its an open invitation for cheaters to cheat harder. No respectable league that I am aware of excuses players from recording first person demos.
Well. This isn't a "league" this is more like a tournament.

I'm pretty sure that for league play when eFPS rolls around there will be source TV demos recorded where everyone will be watched.

Fearsome does have a valid point though holy, as for right now, going into the final stages, I would think that demos should be required more so during this part because it's where the winners are playing for the championship.

modern

2010-07-15 00:19:48

Holy asked nicely to move along, let's not turn this topic into shit like most of the topics about league, fearsome. I personaly think it's a good call, too much unnecessary trouble with demo rules, for already small and ruined community.

Va|iums

2010-07-15 00:56:26

Fearsome* wrote:What is the deal with the idiotic decision making process here? Demos should be required. Otherwise its an open invitation for cheaters to cheat harder. No respectable league that I am aware of excuses players from recording first person demos.
You may have missed the controversy when several players began to abuse the demo review process. Since I never clearly stated only admins and players who actually played against eachother could call for a demo review we had several individuals who began calling for demo reviews on every single match played out of spite.

In eFPS POV demos will remain required, but only for dispute purposes only, the only thing required to be posted and databased will be SourceTV demos.

MondaySunshine

2010-07-15 05:25:52

Seriously, Fearsome?
holymoly wrote:In the actual iteration of eFPS, we will post SourceTV demos next to screenshots of the match. That way the admins can be in charge of posting only one demo. We can save storage space on our server and require even less from the players, still getting the same result.
Read what I write before calling me an idiot.

Fearsome*

2010-07-15 08:35:43

League/Tournament are the same thing does it matter dallas? The rules are almost always the same.

Source TV demos are not first person demos and they do not record as much information. The basis for the invx cheat accusation came from a source TV demo which was out of sync and caused him to appear to snap his aim right onto a player from the spawn. This would have resulted bust had I not had the FPS demo.

So now valliums is stating that they will be required in the "real" efps.

but Holy clearly said "That also means that you don't have to record your game in the next round."

Which is the basis for my statement I read everything.

Va|iums

2010-07-15 09:15:51

That's correct Fear, POV's arent required next round because of an abuse of the loosely defined demo review rule I had constructed. eFPS league will require POV's however for dispute reasons only with stricter guidelines so calls for demo reviews are not abused in the future. Hope this is becomes clear.

Round of 3, the double elim games if needed and championship game will all have recorded SourceTV, we modified the anticheat to accept the SourceTV.