Best GravGun defensive technique?

CellarDweller

2008-03-05 17:34:58

In your opinion, which is a better technique defending against cooked nades... push it away or try to catch it?

It seems easier for me to catch the nade, but I admit that pushing it away comes as an afterthought. I find that "grabbing" the nade seems to offer a little larger target area, whereas "pushing" the nade seems to require more precise aim.

Thoughts?

snuffymckiller

2008-03-05 18:55:04

I try to catch them if they are airborn, deflect them if they are rolling toward me on the ground.

thatguy

2008-03-05 19:46:37

well i mostly deflect them it works best if they throw one and they are near a wall cuz it will go straight to the wall and most ppl tend to back up right into it

cyber_clash

2008-03-05 19:50:20

:shock: Depends on whatever button my fingers want to hit. Usually if it's a line drive i try to deflect it or if I want a quick kill. If I plan to try to kill them with the nade I'll catch it (or try)

Zman42

2008-03-05 20:30:14

Depends on situation.

poconut

2008-03-05 21:13:44

Depends on the range, for me. If he's all up on my shit, I'll try to push it out of there so I'm not vulnerable while I'm cooking it. If it's a long distance toss I'll try to catch.

Coke.

2008-03-05 21:16:37

Catch them if you're in an intense firefight, time, then throw back. If it's a silly ole match and someone throws one, play around with punting it, get better, and then decide which is better for you :S

I try to catch them then throw them up, away from both of us, waste of a nade but they get annoying sometimes..

0nti

2008-03-05 22:04:13

I sometimes have problems with pushing stuff...like I push a nade, see the orange lightningh or whatever, but the nade isn't moved or reseted....same thing happens sometimes with orbs...reason why I prefer catching stuff than deflecting them.... besides...catching and instantly pressing the primary fire key to shoot it back is fast too ...

thatguy

2008-03-05 22:13:54

it can also depend on the map i prefer to catch them on outdoor maps becuase there are no walls so it will only go so far and do nothing if i deflect them. If its a map like bio hazard i deflect them becuase of the walls and it has more of a chance to hit them

snipeIT

2008-03-05 23:16:27

Depends if i can catch it.

badinfluence

2008-03-06 23:55:44

I immediately throw it away. There's no point for the 2-3 seconds to let him have shots on you while you are doing no damage.

graffitiknockout

2008-03-07 03:42:21

depends on the scenario... if they're right in front of you and they switch to a magnum or shotgun after throwing the nade at you... just push that sh*t away... if they throw it and run away or aren't in view when the nade is incoming, catch that sh*t ... lol SH*T!

CellarDweller

2008-03-07 03:50:52

Hmph. I guess what I'm getting at is this.... when catching it seems like the gg has an ever widening cone and no reload/recycle on attack2 (the gg is just constantly waiting for a physics to enter the path of the cone). When pushing, there doesnt seem to be an ever widening cone and attack1 has a reload/recycle period (so you need to be accurate about aiming and timing to push a physics). Am I wrong about that?

badinfluence

2008-03-07 04:16:16

CellarDweller wrote:Hmph. I guess what I'm getting at is this.... when catching it seems like the gg has an ever widening cone and no reload/recycle on attack2 (the gg is just constantly waiting for a physics to enter the path of the cone). When pushing, there doesnt seem to be an ever widening cone and attack1 has a reload/recycle period (so you need to be accurate about aiming and timing to push a physics). Am I wrong about that?

No you aren't. We are saying we hold attack2, then most of us can time when it's going come and when it does, it's an automatic attack1.

{Rx}Crowbar Ninja DJ Z3R0

2008-03-07 09:56:33

JIHAD!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Only when theres 2 or more people around tho.
Usually catch and throw away or catch and go for a frag when I'm playing seriously.

Epoch

2008-03-08 19:37:28

I always go for the catch, cause like Onty, I too have had the gg register that I pushed the nade or CB and really it hasn't. I like to be able to see that I've caught what was thrown at me. If its close quarters I just thrown the nade away, if its mid to long range I'll definately cook it and try to get a kill. I like catching also because theres less timing to think about lol.

Anonymous

2008-03-08 23:19:19

I usually try to catch them (not well).
Sometimes, i strafe/hop to close inside their throw area, but that doesn't work if the nade actually hits you.
Or, strafe away.
Never tried to deflect them and now will do so.

ninjins

2008-03-16 07:09:16

I must say:

0nti

2008-03-16 16:16:50

Best defensive techinique = Pokémon ! (?)