Zman42

2008-04-27 00:20:04

yay :twisted:

Epoch

2008-04-28 01:30:27

The new jump map is sweet!!

thatguy

2008-04-28 01:37:56

the new jump map is just all from other maps and nothing really new its easy but that other meele pit map is so dumb it has 1 spawn point and no weapon strip or anything its retarted imo

Jelly Fox

2008-04-28 02:26:08

I like ultimatejumps cool style, thought it was pretty hard as well. tg upload a demo of you doing it in one go if it's that "easy" :P

thatguy

2008-04-28 05:17:21

Jelly Fox wrote:I like ultimatejumps cool style, thought it was pretty hard as well. tg upload a demo of you doing it in one go if it's that "easy" :P
well i didnt mean that easy ;) but i did beat it only messing up 8 times and 2 of those were me tryign to do it backwards :)

Paradox

2008-04-28 07:34:21

Yea there are a couple of maps that could use some more spawn points. If I was a mapper I would add some and fix a couple of problems with one or two of the other maps. But alas I dont have the knowledge.

SND

2008-04-28 08:03:47

I had trouble trying to get in to the server something about missing map

L2k

2008-04-28 08:36:01

^^ you prolly have a dif version, that was my problem. Go in your maps folder and delete the one you have then try to join and re download it

0nti

2008-04-28 08:55:33

I gotta try that movement map :D

Paradox

2008-05-10 19:55:12

OK I think I fixed the problem with aim_practice which was giving a missing map error

Also thanks to A KILLING MACHINE, who did some changes to the orb_practice map that has been changed and is more multiplayer server friendly and he also revised Brigg's Work!!! map and that has been added to the server.

Enjoy!

0nti

2008-05-11 01:44:13

OK I think I fixed the problem with aim_practice which was giving a missing map error

Also thanks to A KILLING MACHINE, who did some changes to the orb_practice map that has been changed and is more multiplayer server friendly and he also revised Brigg's Work!!! map and that has been added to the server.

Enjoy!
An orb practice map? briggs map? D:
Where can I get em?

Jelly Fox

2008-05-11 02:24:58

They're on the training server Onti, just votemap or rtv for them :arrow: 8.9.16.149:27015

I like it how killingmachine has plastered his name on Briggs's map, that was nice of him :lol:

how the hell do you do the last section btw?... and what's the point of getting weapons on completion, surely some point would have been a better idea. :sketchy:

0nti

2008-05-11 07:51:51

k I'll call you some day to go to the U server and check them out.
And I'll also make sure to give you a non stop demo of me doing ultimatejumps to prove you it's easy (?) :D
Nah, it's hard to do it non stop, so far I got till 10. When I get it complete I'll probably post it on you tube :P

snuffymckiller

2008-05-11 09:02:14

Jelly you are going to be responsible for me breaking my monitor due to that freaking bug
crawling around in your sig. :)

Jelly Fox

2008-05-11 17:29:38

I look forward to that Onti, it's number 5 in uj that I find the hardest...grr!
snuffymckiller wrote:Jelly you are going to be responsible for me breaking my monitor due to that freaking bug
crawling around in your sig. :)
haha... at least you don't have a real bug in your monitor. I had this little corn mite trapped in my monitor for a couple of months, it used to crawl about and piss me off all the time, nothing I could do about it as he was trapped between the layers. I didn't want to squish it in case it made a mess so I just left it. now I have a little corn mite corpse trapped in my monitor, just in between the u & m in forum. greeeeat :|

0nti

2008-05-11 18:24:25

I look forward to that Onti, it's number 5 in uj that I find the hardest...grr!
Well, my problem is 11. It's freaking random I hate it.

poconut

2008-05-12 00:06:53

Question. Since I don't have access online, is there anyplace these maps are hosted that I could download them? Especially the jump one, I really don't care about melee'ing with myself.

Thanks!

Paradox

2008-05-12 00:14:17

[quote="Jelly Fox"]I like it how killingmachine has plastered his name on Briggs's map, that was nice of him [quote]

Yea I kinda told him that it might not be too PC to do that. His comment was "But I fixed it...." *sigh*

0nti

2008-05-12 06:49:28

>(
It pisses me off the fact that he stole briggs map.
I don't care if he fixed it, I don't see a huge FEARSOME* on lockdown_r1, r2, and r3.
The map was done by briggs. If he wanted to write his name he could have added somewhere
"done by: Briggs"
"revised by: the killing machine"

@ poco: I'll pm you a link to download it ok?

Jelly Fox

2008-05-12 07:05:37

0nti wrote:>(
It pisses me off the fact that he stole briggs map.
I don't care if he fixed it, I don't see a huge FEARSOME* on lockdown_r1, r2, and r3.
The map was done by briggs. If he wanted to write his name he could have added somewhere
"done by: Briggs"
"revised by: the killing machine"
Exactly. it's fucking grim. All he's done is added a couple of ramps here and there...he's hardly worthy of plastering his name all over it.

Also noticed he's done the same to the orb_practise one, whose map was that originally?

Did he even get permission off of the creators?

:sketchy:

poconut

2008-05-12 07:46:00

Thanks Onti :wink:

I can do all of the levels pretty easily except for 11. I don't know why I fail at keeping speed through the gap so miserably :(

Paradox

2008-05-12 09:10:57

Not that I dont disagree that what he did was a bit shitty to say the least, he did spend the time and effort to change the maps. We have been saying for a while that some of the maps have issues. I am not a mapper I dont have a clue as to what to do to change them. No one else has been willing to help out.

If there is someone else that does know how to do it and is willing to do the work and take the right kind of credit I will replace those versions.

0nti

2008-05-12 15:17:08

I can do all of the levels pretty easily except for 11. I don't know why I fail at keeping speed through the gap so miserably :(
hate 11, it's too random IMO.

Briggs

2008-05-12 19:12:03

Jelly Fox wrote:
Did he even get permission off of the creators?

:sketchy:
Never, I dont even know this person.

Paradox

2008-05-12 23:46:04

I haven't been through the map so other than the name, I have no idea what he did to it.

Briggs, its your map would you be willing to make some changes to it if we had suggestions?

Anyone that has been through the map..Do you have suggestions?

One major issue most of these maps have is one spawn point so when you get ten ppl on a server they all get stuck on that spawn point. Its very annoying and not very useful. You might have to expand the spawn area to accommodate more spawns.

I would also get rid of the hole on the platform in the first room. For someone trying to learn, you finally get over ther to fall through that hole and have to start over from the beginning...lol!

Briggs

2008-05-13 00:08:32

Well, that was my first map (that’s why it sucks)

If you, Paradox would like to make changes to it and re-release it, you can. I simply don’t know how to use hammer :oops:

Paradox

2008-05-13 03:10:08

Neither do I or I would have made changes (probably just added spawns) to all the maps. I have opened hammer and played with it a very little bit, but I dont know enough to take a map apart and do something as simple (apparently) as add more spawn points. Maybe some day I will have the time to figure it out, but not now.

Briggs

2008-05-13 05:37:43

Well, if you know anyone that will make it so you don't need to /kill every time you fall and not call it there own,( like this killingmachine person)...

If anyone wants to or knows someone that will help, you can PM me to get permission.

Pig Popper

2008-05-13 05:44:52

Briggs wrote:Well, that was my first map (that’s why it sucks)

If you, Paradox would like to make changes to it and re-release it, you can. I simply don’t know how to use hammer :oops:
I don't mind taking a look at it Briggs,
Jelly hooked me up with the original.
I'll take a look tomorrow and maybe some pics

Jelly mentioned;
  • teleports
    falling off the 1st bit you have to suicide
    filling in a hole in the 2nd section
anything else i should keep em pealed for?

Briggs

2008-05-13 06:09:41

I trust you to change what is necessary Pig Popper, but its just mostly adding teleports when you fall anywhere, other then that I don't think anything needs to be changed.

and thanks.

Pig Popper

2008-05-13 12:01:57

Briggs wrote:I trust you to change what is necessary Pig Popper, but its just mostly adding teleports when you fall anywhere, other then that I don't think anything needs to be changed.

and thanks.
cool, np.

Jelly Fox

2008-05-13 17:20:28

I think the map still needs a weapons strip at the start, especially if it's going on the training server, then pick up a grav gun, although I do like to jump with a pistol.

@Para the melee one needs be taken off the server until it's fix, it just doesn't work. For the same reasons that_guy stated on page 1.

Pig Popper

2008-05-13 22:31:39

do you want a specific gravity and air acceleration set? or shall i leave that to be set by the server?

also i have added teleports to the second long jump at the end, if you fall down now you will spawn next to the wall behind the jump/ramp (ready to try again) is this OK or in the way?

i think its pretty much done, ill post a bsp once i get a reply

Briggs

2008-05-13 23:23:05

The settings must all be default, and yes, all it really needed was the teleports.

Pig Popper

2008-05-13 23:38:50

Briggs wrote:The settings must all be default, and yes, all it really needed was the teleports.
k, i tidied up the brush work and added 2 sets or teleports 1 for the 1st room. and the 2nd for the last big jump.
weapon strip also added and 10 spawn points, a little info decal and game_text at completion. :)

DOWNLOAD

btw, whats the doc (bullet marks) thing all about?

Briggs

2008-05-14 00:51:05

You should post this map in the Department of Architecture forums, just call it briggs's jump map, you can take the credit for adding teleports, weapon strip and more spawn points. oh, and thanks alot for the help... I would have never been able to finish it and alot of people wanted it done. :D

sorry, I can't download and post myself.. i'm posting from work and I dont have the time. :x

oh, and if you don't mind adding me to steam : HomZor

Pig Popper

2008-05-14 02:17:13

ok bro will do :D and np

Paradox

2008-05-14 03:10:52

Jelly Fox wrote: @Para the melee one needs be taken off the server until it's fix, it just doesn't work. For the same reasons that_guy stated on page 1.

That Guy fixed it I havent loaded the new version to the server yet.

[EYE] Valar

2008-05-14 21:56:56

Paradox wrote:OK I think I fixed the problem with aim_practice which was giving a missing map error

Enjoy!

[EYE] Valar: hey
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: hi
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: sup?
[EYE] Valar: question
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: ok
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: shoot
[EYE] Valar: did you re-do Briggs jump practice map ?
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: yes
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: are you mad?
[EYE] Valar: is it true you've put your own name on it and not mentioned its Briggs and you only revised it?
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: yes, but he didnt put his, so there was no way i could have known that he made it
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: gtg
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: bye
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3 is now Offline.

those last three lines were like one after the other very fast and then he went offline. :|

Briggs

2008-05-14 23:12:20

[EYE] Valar wrote:
Paradox wrote:OK I think I fixed the problem with aim_practice which was giving a missing map error

Enjoy!

[EYE] Valar: hey
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: hi
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: sup?
[EYE] Valar: question
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: ok
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: shoot
[EYE] Valar: did you re-do Briggs jump practice map ?
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: yes
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: are you mad?
[EYE] Valar: is it true you've put your own name on it and not mentioned its Briggs and you only revised it?
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: yes, but he didnt put his, so there was no way i could have known that he made it
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: gtg
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3: bye
TH3 K1LL1NG MACH1N3 is now Offline.

those last three lines were like one after the other very fast and then he went offline. :|
:?

I keep adding him to friends list... but I think he is to scared to accept :lol:

The map was still in beta when I it was put on the server, so in case he din't notice, I havent named it yet... WORK!!

Paradox

2008-05-15 03:29:51

Well that simply is not true. He spoke of it as "Briggs map Work!!!" when he first mentioned it to me. We briefly discussed the fact that that it needed some work and he said he would do some work on it. I had never seen the map myself so I had no idea what it looked like or what the issues were. When I did see the map after he worked on it, he was on the server and I said "Briggs might be a little upset that you put your name on it that way".

His response was that he revised it. Yadda yadda.

st00pidity

2008-05-15 03:42:41

Paradox wrote:Not that I dont disagree that what he did was a bit shitty to say the least, he did spend the time and effort to change the maps. We have been saying for a while that some of the maps have issues. I am not a mapper I dont have a clue as to what to do to change them. No one else has been willing to help out.

If there is someone else that does know how to do it and is willing to do the work and take the right kind of credit I will replace those versions.
you dont ever touch anyones map without permission, ever.

Pig Popper

2008-05-15 04:10:48

lets not beat the guy up too much, he was trying to help out and anyway its hard not to pimp yourself in your early maps, look at all the noob maps with the mappers name in the title or plastered in brushwork 50ft in-game :D , I think I went through a cycle of putting PP_ infront of my early creations.
And if im, honest my 1st map was a rip of 911_blazin, i did give props but it never occurred to me at the time that i should hunt for the owner and ask permission ect.

[EYE] Valar

2008-05-15 05:15:19

i disagree. beginner or not it's not about experience. and its not about pimppin your map it's about premissions and credits.
i hope new mappers are seeing this thread and realizing this is wrong.

Paradox

2008-05-15 06:26:15

At first since he had the map I thought he might have had talked to Briggs. I didnt realize it was available from somewhere else.

He made some minor changes to the map then called the map his. Its not right. Its like Michelangelo adding one star to van Goghs Starry Night painting then putting his own name to it. He didnt create it, he just added to it. There is a difference. He should have done something like what Pig Popper did and not take credit for the whole map.

Pig Popper

2008-05-15 12:56:34

your right Valar, others should see this thread and realise the way he went about it was not right.
I'm just sympathising with this person. Ignorance Is No Defence, but if you don't know you don't know.

Could we encourage him/her to put an end to this topic with an "opps, Sorry" :) :?:

st00pidity

2008-05-16 03:39:06

Paradox wrote:At first since he had the map I thought he might have had talked to Briggs. I didnt realize it was available from somewhere else.

He made some minor changes to the map then called the map his. Its not right. Its like Michelangelo adding one star to van Goghs Starry Night painting then putting his own name to it. He didnt create it, he just added to it. There is a difference. He should have done something like what Pig Popper did and not take credit for the whole map.

yeah we established this like 4 pages ago, thx tho.

0nti

2008-05-17 21:56:56

any special reason why "ultimatejumps" is no longer on the server? D:

0nti

2008-05-17 23:23:51

like ultimatejumps cool style, thought it was pretty hard as well. tg upload a demo of you doing it in one go if it's that "easy" :P
Ok Jelly... you know I wasn't really gonna do this, cuz I didn't want anyone to think I was showing off, but you convinced me :P
Here you go :D

You tube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcEOT4oRmRg
demos @ http://files.filefront.com/ultimatejump ... einfo.html
HD version http://files.filefront.com/ultimatejump ... einfo.html

Jelly Fox

2008-05-18 00:30:51

WHOA :shock:

Paradox

2008-05-18 07:49:45

0nti wrote:any special reason why "ultimatejumps" is no longer on the server? D:

I didnt take it off. It should still be there.

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3

2008-05-18 09:18:46

Ok, I greatly apologize for putting my name in briggs map like that, it was a huge mistake and i really regret it. I have certainly learned an important lesson by all this, and i am not EVER going to do this sort of thing again.

Btw, Briggs, i never got an invite from you, so you must have been adding the wrong person.

0nti

2008-05-18 14:47:03

Ok, I greatly apologize for putting my name in briggs map like that, it was a huge mistake and i really regret it. I have certainly learned an important lesson by all this, and i am not EVER going to do this sort of thing again.

Btw, Briggs, i never got an invite from you, so you must have been adding the wrong person.
I that's all I wanted to hear :D

[EYE] Valar

2008-05-18 16:50:22

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3 wrote:Ok, I greatly apologize for putting my name in briggs map like that, it was a huge mistake and i really regret it. I have certainly learned an important lesson by all this, and i am not EVER going to do this sort of thing again.

GJ. and good call.

st00pidity

2008-05-18 19:37:41

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3 wrote:Ok, I greatly apologize for putting my name in briggs map like that, it was a huge mistake and i really regret it. I have certainly learned an important lesson by all this, and i am not EVER going to do this sort of thing again.

thats not the end of it.

i played, ultimatejumps_v2 i think it was called, and it had rips of dm_octagon's textures, and im not positive, but i assumed you didnt get permission from Swot.

the map itself wasnt yours, but to take it, and retexture it with textures that arent even yours is pretty pathetic, and i hope that these maps are removed from the university server, endorsing this type of shit isn't going to help the community at all.

mappers from any game map by a set of rules, and the number 1 rule is, if its not yours, dont fuck with it without permission. The decomp tool is for education purposes only, please dont abuse it.

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3

2008-05-18 21:39:32

ultimatejumps_v2???????????
What are you talking about?
I never made a v2.

st00pidity

2008-05-18 21:42:46

ok, maybe its not ultimatejumps_v2

but you know the map, because it has your name right when you spawn, and the textures were blatantly ripped from octagon, so you damn well know what im talking about, correct map name or not.

0nti

2008-05-18 21:53:23

aren't those portal textures? AFAIK dm_octagon can't be opened with hammer, it has some security shit that doesn't allow you to.

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3

2008-05-18 22:01:18

Ok, that was another big mistake i made and will not be doing again. Only the ceiling is from portal, the concrete floor is from dm_phallan, and the rest are from octagon. So I apologize to the guys who made those. And theres always ways to get around the security.
I will definitely be asking peoples permission before taking and using anything.

Paradox

2008-05-18 22:21:53

I have contacted Swot and I asked him whether he would like me to remove the Ultimatejumps map from the server. If he is upset by the fact that his textures were used without his permission I will remove the map from the server. Its the right thing to do.

Swot

2008-05-18 22:31:13

0nti wrote:aren't those portal textures? AFAIK dm_octagon can't be opened with hammer, it has some security shit that doesn't allow you to.
It only got a decompile protection, it's not a problem ripping off content from the bsp...

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3: the next time would be nice if you ask for permission first.
At least he did admit it, I think you don't have to remove it from the server, Paradox.

Paradox

2008-05-18 22:34:52

Thank you Swot. It is a good map to practice and IMO the more we have the better.

Walking Target

2008-05-18 23:44:49

Alright everything is squared away now as it should be. Thanks killing machine for stopping by and making this right.

Jelly Fox

2008-05-19 00:03:20

Nope, he still has to apologize to the creator of stylejumps_v2 for using some of his sections without giving credit.

...j/k

...no rly it was :mrgreen:

lol?

0nti

2008-05-19 01:07:09

loool !
xD
Ok that's it, just leave it there, he apologizes for whatever wrong he has done, I think that was left clear >.<

Briggs

2008-05-19 19:47:23

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3 apologized to me and its all good. the topic about TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3 and my map is over and done.

0nti

2008-05-19 22:29:44

TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3 apologized to me and its all good. the topic about TH3_K1LL1NG_MACH1N3 and my map is over and done.
good old briggs :D
When is briggs map gonna be fixed completely?

Briggs

2008-05-20 18:43:56

When I make another one... this one just sucks. It was just my first map and I made it up as I went along.

Paradox

2008-05-21 01:12:29

Funny people seem to like it.

0nti

2008-05-21 02:25:04

Funny people seem to like it.
hehe... leet briggs ^^

Jelly Fox

2008-05-31 01:53:59

Noticed the the server is still running _r1. here's the latest version encase you didn't see the post.

http://www.hl2dm-university.com/forum/p ... &sk=t&sd=a
[22g]Pig Popper wrote:k done.... you now drop down and can select which teleport you use to get back up.
any other probs let me know...
I also increased the launch pads to 3, so more ppl can jump at once and at different areas of the ledge.

DOWNLOAD

Pig Out!!
enjoy :D

keefy

2008-06-02 19:07:43

Can we have longer than 20 mins per map its a pain adding more time.

Jelly Fox

2008-06-02 19:24:37

Also can you remove rtv for one person. it's pretty annoying when there is 8 people trying to complete a map then some asshole joins decides they want to play another map and changes it.

is there some way of making votekick player_number dependent? since 2 is two little an number.

for instance I was playing jumpstyle with 4 other players. 1 of them was trying it the other 2 were just up for killing. so myself and the other guy votekicked one of them, when he rejoined the 2 twats votekicked me.... and kept on doing it throughout the game :pointlaugh: pretty annoying!

Paradox

2008-06-02 19:39:39

How much time would you like on the map?

I will try to play with the rtv and see if I can get it to be a percentage that will work with one person in the server and won't allow one person to take over. Not sure if I can get that to work but I will try. I will also play with the vote kick.

I also will be updating the version of mani and metamod source some time this week so if the server randomly restarts you know why. I will try to warn anyone in ther ahead of time If I can.

keefy

2008-06-02 20:07:46

I have been thinking how about Some sort of mod that enables players to spawn inside 1 another without gettign stuck or killing each other like TF2 or Warsow's Race mode.

Maybe 40 mins.

Paradox

2008-06-03 03:02:20

Mani and meta mod source have been updated (found a rare time the server was empty).

Map time increased to 30 minutes (it was 15).

Changed some of the cvars for rtv and votekick.

Updated Briggs' map

See how it works and let me know

Thanks

CellarDweller

2008-06-23 17:32:11

i haven't been on the training server much lately. i like that dm_train map (i think thats what it was called). nice addition. not sure how long it's been on there, but i enjoyed it.

eidt: i read something the other day about a map by singe? multiple arena's that allow for people to pair up and duel each other with arena specific weapons. haven't actually played it and may be too large for the server. but sounded interesting.

Walking Target

2008-06-24 22:55:58

Arenaplex, fun novelty map for about 20 mins. Not really suitable for training as each room has a theme that makes it completely different from standard play.