most common Crossbow Bounce shot used in tourny?

MeekMeekle

2007-08-24 04:42:18

I would love to know what the most common X-Bow bounce shot is. Like a shot that actually works and is part of the flow of the map or whatever. If there is a good one in either lockdown or lostvillage this would be perfect!

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who has extensive knowledge in this category would take 3 screenshots:

1) where you stand looking down:
2) where you shoot
3) where the bolt ends up.

The reason I am asking this is not to PWN in game but rather I have an excellent area in the map I have developed which could use an xbow bounce shot but instead of working out the ridiculous angles myself I would like to see a real example. (also to see if making a pre planned bolt shot is even worth it or not)

I would greatly apreciate it if someone did this! :o

Charles

2007-08-24 05:08:02

Easy guarantees for XBow ricochets:
- Windowed areas with a gap underneath. ie.: ctf_revolution's glass bridge, sniping from up top looking into a glass door at dm_lockdown.
- Vents, for obvious reasons. Almost guaranteed in dm_lockdown if you try to get the RPG and the enemy has an XBow but no orbs.
- Narrow hallways. Especially the one in dm_lockdown, where you can either ricochet the XBow from the other side of the map or orb it like a madman.

Basically, any place that restricts your movement or a wall that you can't shoot bullets through but can ricochet grenades/orbs/xbows under or even overhead.

poconut

2007-08-24 08:11:17

the curved walls in biohazard :D

Fearsome*

2007-08-24 08:59:24

well you are asking for the most used and it is easily by far the lockdown bounce shot from near the barrels down the side hall. Remembering a bounce shot comes down to how often someone is likely to get hit, in this case in lockdown there is a choke point people want to get through and narrow halls which highly increase the chance they will get hit.

If the shot your are developing is going into an open area or it is not some sore of a choke point or major attraction in the map you probably are wasting time.

MeekMeekle

2007-08-24 09:33:06

Fearsome* wrote: If the shot your are developing is going into an open area or it is not some sore of a choke point or major attraction in the map you probably are wasting time.
I agree.

thanks guys. nice to hear peoples opinions.

:) I still have a good month and a bit of play testing so it's all good! mwhaha!

Ko-Tao

2007-08-24 12:04:15

While there are surely plenty of interesting preplanned bounces available for a great many maps, i find the bounces i use most often are the spontaneous ones where the enemy goes round a corner, and i angle my shot off the wall so i dont have to blindly rush into whatever he has waiting in order to fire.

There is one planned shot ive used a few times on ldr3, which is the bank from the barrel railing to the vent. Once theyre in theres no escape, and if you land 1 bolt the fan goes off and holds them still for the rest (they can take up to 4 if they start at 100/200 and ggun the armor in the vent).

ninjins

2007-09-26 21:59:22

as far as xbow bounces go, i would never find a bounce by looking at the exact spot im standing on the ground, i generally go by a 'setup' spot. for instance, finding something you can stand against to ensure you're at the right angle. like ko tao said, the xbow from barrels off pillar into the vent (which is very useful in ldr3). I typically move myself as close to the railing and left wall as possible then shoot the marked spot just after the pillar on the right side. theres only a few static bounces in lockdown worth using at any given time. the rest are mostly random shots down halls like from the prison cell by xbow towards the back mag.