New to mapping, having trouble finding the props_c17 folder.

[GoTg] BLOOD

2010-02-07 19:47:15

I am currently working on my first map and running into some problems. I talked to Valar on steam some questions on how to do a couple things that I could not figure out. He explained to me what to do, however, the folder he mentioned, I can not find. Well there is one location I have found, which is in the home server on my computer. However, I figured there would be one in the actual folder the mapping program is pulling files from. I can not seem to find it though.

The folder I am looking for is models/props_c17. I have went to the hl2mp folder, and from there you can find some models folders, but none have that in it.

hl2mp\models\ShaderTest
or
hl2mp\materials\models\shadertest

Is there a particular addon for this to get to these files? Forgive me if I sound ignorant, as I am very new to mapping. Thanks

boshed

2010-02-08 03:20:21

The standard hl2 content (models, maps, textures etc) is not located in your filesystem, it is all contained inside GCF files.

If you want to look inside the GCF files you need GCFScape

[GoTg] BLOOD

2010-02-09 00:53:33

Yeah, I followed another thread where that was mentioned. I installed that along with all the images I could get from your links that you posted. Have not messed with it yet though I probably should lol. Just a lot of information on mapping lol. Taking what I can in day by day.

Thanks