4 shotys
1 rpg in a timed cage light blue can open light red locked for 90 sec
1 slam in a timed box light green opens light red locked for 90 sec
power ups
1 armor charger (200)
2health chargers
8 batterys
16 health kits
map is a ffa aka pub style map that can play team dm as well.
mabe for 8 to 16 players.
http://www.filefront.com/17068085/dm_gladius.zip/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monarch

2010-07-14 21:47:16

lol competition is over, u can_?

[MB]Brunt

2010-07-14 22:28:52

Monarch wrote:lol competition is over, u can_?
let me refrase that.as soon as valuims gets back with me on the final revisons ive made.

Da1

2010-07-15 00:10:13

I'm diggin the sky.

5 AR2's though 0.o

How many orbs? they weren't mentioned above.

[MB]Brunt

2010-07-15 00:41:48

oh sry bout that 3 orbs. thier 2 at the end of a long walkways on each side of cort yard and 1 under the steps in the cort yard.yea 5 ar2s rember its was made for ffa pub play.you get 16 players all playin for self not for a team weapons get sucked up quick.in the play testing that seemed the best lay out.

Va|iums

2010-07-15 01:39:06

Hi Brunt yeah the competition is over. I am waiting on you guys to make the best possible revision you think before I give it to all of our server admins AKA frank in boston, bahlk, ect. But yeah you can revise all you want now and release them!

[MB]Brunt

2010-07-15 08:45:34

Mr. Nervous

2010-07-27 19:21:52

that download won't work :/

REJECTED

2010-07-27 19:45:29

this:
Mr. Nervous wrote:that download won't work :/

[MB]Brunt

2010-08-03 00:15:41

Sry im on vacation and have limited net.im havin some1 look at it and post a new link

Ade

2010-08-03 20:05:29

Playing it for the first time (_v01), I left the server after 10 minutes or less cus the map is either big or confusing and couldn't find any suit in time, I kept dying of bow after running around with nades in same areas. I never made it to the 4 suit tower alive, nor spawned near the xbow and suit.
Maybe spawn points and wep/item placement should be revised so if I spawn, I either have a weapon/suit/alt fire within 3 feet and if that wep just got picked up, there's another one in at least one direction and within 5 feet or so.
So basically items are either too few or hard to find or I got too distracted lookin at the pics lol my bad. Or could depend on respawn time, idk and you could make the supercharger a bit more obvious hehe I appreciate that it feels different but I found sizing odd, some sizes were normal yet others weren't. I found this to be one of the causes some items are hard to find, another would be dark/colored items on dark/same color textures/background, especially smg nades. Also, suit doesn't always have to go in pairs, ya know. You also gathered half of it in that tower - which has a ladder I don't understand :P You also put 2 batteries near an xbow which is just silly. I could only count 4 ar2s and the 3 orbs are too easy to reach once a player learns them and are placed too close to each other.
And you should really trim/cut it down, the disk size is just too big for what's intended. Unless it's full of custom textures like _octagon (I know yours has custom stuff, but you can use less and/or use them in more than 1 place) or HDR like _crossed or made up of huge sized models like _italy or w/e, or made for puzzle etc or for 32 players, it's really too big. It's in top 15 out of 1450, cries for optimization.
Bear in mind, I'm a noob at mapping and this comes only from seeing/playing lots and lots of maps (I used to join empty servers just to dl and try out new maps).

EDIT: fix the thread name :D and here's a dl to the version i played http://rapidshare.com/files/410810316/d ... 01.bsp.bz2

chickenmobile

2010-08-09 05:22:50

You spelt dm_gladius wrong in the title.