Killbox/Low Gravity Division for Cal **TENTATIVE**

Shinigami

2008-10-02 20:08:32

Ok, so we are starting to talk about what the standards should be, somewhere between 100 which is about the lowest some Low grav clans use to 500, since standard gravity is 600. feel free to discuss what settings your clan uses and what the benefits are, what maps are most popular and why, etc. Please input ONLY from low grav/killbox players, we need to keep the discussion flowing.

Thank you!

POMP

L2k

2008-10-02 20:22:42

If it happens I vote for KBH settings, I think that is a good middle ground between low and normal. I also find that the KBH server is the most populated killbox server in the US, so it seems that it is pretty widely accepted.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-02 20:30:45

I spend a lot of time playing KBH2 these days so while I don't think I am the stereotypical KB player I would agree with Punk. KBH settings would be my preference. Grav = 375. Not sure about the others at KBH.

Keeper

2008-10-02 20:31:32

105 is just too low.

600 is too high.

I think 375 ( our server ) to 450 is good. Flow seems good at that range.

L2k

2008-10-02 20:35:53

yeah anything less than 350 and you are a sitting duck to someone on the ground with a mag if you are airborne. Not to mention it makes it hard to get down when you need more weapons and ammo.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-02 20:41:59

if we could come to an agreement regarding friction / accelerate / airaccelerate values it would be ideal for many other people who don't play on KBH / TSGK servers. if such agreement is not reached i'll agree with 375 grav.

val

Paradox

2008-10-02 20:49:36

Keep in mind a division is not set in stone yet, we are at the discussion, fact finding and feasibility stage.

Shinigami

2008-10-02 21:04:31

I posted in the community group for everyone to get in here and bid their choices and why they feel those settings work, so hopefully we will get much more input in here, realistically even if it is decided that a killbox/low grav division will happen, it will not happen right away and when it does happen we better have our research done so we can do justice to this division. A lot needs to be discussed, hopefully we get a bigger community involvement with the idea that this division has not been entirely shut down. Also for other mods, if their hope is EVER to have a cal division they will need something to follow as what to do or not do to make it happen. 8)

MaX clan favors about 100 gravity and as much as I love floating around, most of the time I do spend my killbow/low grav at EYE/KBH/TSGK, velocity and gravity are simply much better for movement, velocity makes a HUGE difference imo, however doesn't matter what you do if you gravity is too low and your stuck in the ceiling :lol: 350-375, I think sounds reasonable :mrgreen:

POMP

Paradox

2008-10-02 22:22:46

Thank you for making the announcement Pomp. We look forward to seeing the response. And yes people need to be patient this will take some time to figure out.

Walking Target

2008-10-02 22:26:09

My recommendation in the past was to contact the author or the administration of the clan behind each killbox you intend to use and ask them what the map was designed for.

Forcing all killboxes to play at the same settings is going to cause problems, as well as benefit those who run those settings as stock IMO. If it were me, I would run a variety of diverse maps and settings and give players from all clans the chance to play in their home territory as well as the territory of others clans.

Shinigami

2008-10-02 22:34:13

I posted for clans to tell us about what settings THEY use and why they think those are the best, as for the designers I can try, if anyone know any of them please make them aware of the discussions so they can be involved as well. :)

I also posted in the clan leaders alliance where I have triet to put at least one rep from every clan, not just low grav/killbox but this maybe will help get the word out. :mrgreen:

When I have my comcast figured out, probably Monday, I will start spamming and get more people in here. Rome wasn't built in a day, we realize that but hopefully we can build a good structure and bring our ideas forth to the cal commite that will make the final decision, the better prepared the better the talks will go!

Thanks!

POMP

provost

2008-10-02 22:54:25

ninojman

2008-10-02 23:14:27

Go find out everything that happen in the 2v2 Killbox league over at Clans united. Find out from those players what worked and what didn't. Post there for them to post here or have a running thread on Clans United.

Making it separate from 1v1,2v2,4v4 where it is solely USA server based may be a good idea.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-03 00:18:08

Walking Target wrote:My recommendation in the past was to contact the author or the administration of the clan behind each killbox you intend to use and ask them what the map was designed for.

Forcing all killboxes to play at the same settings is going to cause problems, as well as benefit those who run those settings as stock IMO. If it were me, I would run a variety of diverse maps and settings and give players from all clans the chance to play in their home territory as well as the territory of others clans.
Shinigami wrote:I posted in the community group for everyone to get in here and bid their choices and why they feel those settings work, so hopefully we will get much more input in here, realistically even if it is decided that a killbox/low grav division will happen, it will not happen right away and when it does happen we better have our research done so we can do justice to this division. A lot needs to be discussed, hopefully we get a bigger community involvement with the idea that this division has not been entirely shut down. Also for other mods, if their hope is EVER to have a cal division they will need something to follow as what to do or not do to make it happen. 8)

MaX clan favors about 100 gravity and as much as I love floating around, most of the time I do spend my killbow/low grav at EYE/KBH/TSGK, velocity and gravity are simply much better for movement, velocity makes a HUGE difference imo, however doesn't matter what you do if you gravity is too low and your stuck in the ceiling :lol: 350-375, I think sounds reasonable :mrgreen:

POMP
in that case we'd probably be cool with

For Killboxes

Grav: 375
Friction: 3
Accelerate: 500
Airaccelerate: 1500

For Arenas

Grav: 450
Friction: 3
Accelerate: 50
Airaccelerate: 500

val

Jelly Fox

2008-10-03 00:26:16

.conflict wrote:400
Same :mrgreen:

12guage`

2008-10-03 06:23:17

I love our settings at Skul`Shock ... grav there is set to 280.

However, I would agree that for killboxes, that setting gives way too much airtime for competitive play. 350-375 seems like a good range based on my fooling around with it on some killboxes.

lead

2008-10-03 14:11:34

yah 375 wud b gud i think skul shock settings maybe a bit too loooooooow for some ppl 12 guage

Super Luigi

2008-10-03 17:55:40

I would vote 350-400

{EE}chEmicalbuRn

2008-10-03 18:15:38

w/e setting HCC uses on their bunker rotation server is my vote. to me thats the perfect low grav. BUT to ppl who play a lot of low grav, thats prolly too high

badinfluence

2008-10-03 18:43:37

What's the difference between arenas and killboxes? Arena's have placed to hide?

o-dog

2008-10-03 19:21:19

{EE}chEmicalBurn wrote:w/e setting HCC uses on their bunker rotation server is my vote. to me thats the perfect low grav. BUT to ppl who play a lot of low grav, thats prolly too high
I second this. I think it's like 250 grav with default airacceleration if I remember right.

cyboy bunny

2008-10-03 20:13:25

the_big_cheese

2008-10-04 01:10:09

Walking Target wrote:My recommendation in the past was to contact the author or the administration of the clan behind each killbox you intend to use and ask them what the map was designed for.

^That

Each team chooses 1 home map + the settings for that map pre-season. Then every week they get to play on THEIR server with THEIR map, and the same for their opponent. NO highest score at the end of two rounds to determine the winner. No tiebreakers. Will result in a lot of ties, but who cares? Everyone has fun playing on their own turf, and when someone wins it actually means something.

What you guys are trying to do is create stock settings for killbox. Not gonna happen.

scott5245

2008-10-04 03:44:00

yes i say 375-400, if its lower than 350 you can be in the air long enough for someobdy to unload a clip with the 357 on you

Fearsome*

2008-10-04 04:38:42

Pool the settings from all the players interested in playing. Throw out all settings that lay outside of 2 standard deviations, average the remaining values.

Paradox

2008-10-04 08:03:54

Ok Fearsome, since I am probably one of the few people that actually understood WTF you are talking about, let me break out and dust off my Stats book and Ill get back to you on that one......

Beef

2008-10-04 10:15:36

Sacrifist

2008-10-04 11:08:42

TSGK settings are the best imo. I believe their grav is 400.

lead

2008-10-04 11:09:51

Paradox wrote:Ok Fearsome, since I am probably one of the few people that actually understood WTF you are talking about, let me break out and dust off my Stats book and Ill get back to you on that one......
what he said :D

Walking Target

2008-10-04 11:54:18

lead wrote:
Paradox wrote:Ok Fearsome, since I am probably one of the few people that actually understood WTF you are talking about, let me break out and dust off my Stats book and Ill get back to you on that one......
what she said :D
Fixed ^

lead

2008-10-04 18:21:49

Walking Target wrote:
lead wrote:
what she said :D
Fixed ^
lol oops

Paradox

2008-10-04 20:36:25

:mrgreen: :lol:

np lead,

In FPS gaming, he is the safer bet because the other isnt exactly common.
Though I have found a few other gals in DM. :thumbsup:

badinfluence

2008-10-04 22:03:22

Gurls exist on interwebs?

16. There are NO girls on the internet.

Nutri-Grain

2008-10-06 00:08:53

killbox = good mag = me = u all gon b deadedz

doubt this division will take off...not trying to be a downer, that's just my opinion.

Book

2008-10-06 11:34:25

i vote 600 and standard maps :wink:

Shinigami

2008-10-06 16:53:12

Ok, the last two need to be slapped silly for disobeying the threads request not to post OPINIONS :sketchy: [If you not gonna play it, we don't care whatcha think!] :D

Ok, I am still sorta afk or at least of steam for a few more days, I am on a real SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW trek to Colorado from Nashville, left Friday night and I am about half way, no fun unless u drive a sportscar and you leave the dogs behind :?

POMP

ninojman

2008-10-06 17:28:24

the_big_cheese wrote:

^That

Each team chooses 1 home map + the settings for that map pre-season. Then every week they get to play on THEIR server with THEIR map, and the same for their opponent. NO highest score at the end of two rounds to determine the winner. No tiebreakers. Will result in a lot of ties, but who cares? Everyone has fun playing on their own turf, and when someone wins it actually means something.

What you guys are trying to do is create stock settings for killbox. Not gonna happen.
but then what settings for the tie breaker?

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-06 17:48:49

Only clan admins and map makers please post map settings and preference in this thread. This is not an open discussion in the caffeteria and certainly stock players whose sole relation to KB is PWNing on KB pubs – your opinion is not needed here and your gravity preferences are not relevant to this discussion.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-06 18:24:24

ninojman wrote:
the_big_cheese wrote:

^That

map specific settings. as it is in stock.

Keeper

2008-10-06 19:26:38

For KBH_2, I say 400 for gravity.

I don't know the air and acceleration settings. Never messed with those. I've played a lot of killboxes lately on one of our servers and 400 feels good for most.

badinfluence

2008-10-07 00:10:38

Nutri-Grain wrote:killbox = good mag = me = u all gon b deadedz

doubt this division will take off...not trying to be a downer, that's just my opinion.

Musta missed math as the equation would be killbox + good mag + me = u all gon be deadedz.

: P

the_big_cheese

2008-10-07 03:55:30

ninojman wrote:
the_big_cheese wrote:

^That

:D

Paradox

2008-10-07 10:34:52

OK well if you want to see this happen, someone from the Killbox community, ie in a Killbox clan/plays killbox all the time, that is over 18 needs to get into IRC and talk to Fearsome ASAP.

This will not happen until that happens.
Dont shoot the messenger.

lead

2008-10-07 13:08:20

Paradox wrote:OK well if you want to see this happen, someone from the Killbox community, ie in a Killbox clan/plays killbox all the time, that is over 18 needs to get into IRC and talk to Fearsome ASAP.

Pomp get in there :?:

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-07 16:56:45

Paradox wrote:OK well if you want to see this happen, someone from the Killbox community, ie in a Killbox clan/plays killbox all the time, that is over 18 needs to get into IRC and talk to Fearsome ASAP.

didn't pump, cellar and a few others apply?

Shinigami

2008-10-07 17:53:12

The lower the gravity the harder the movement, no one wants to have the FOD [Float of Death] the highest the air acceleration the fastest the movement seems to be IMO, I kinda love wacky settings very high accel at about 350 grav.

However, once a standard is set, the people interested in ACTUALLY participating are responsible for knowing those settings in and out, just like regular 600/standard. All we can do is making it fair, settings that are somewhere in the middle of all of this, a good low grav player should be able to play at diff low gravs.

I jump from server to server, the only time I realize I have changed gravs is when I hit 600 and for a few minutes, then I am used to it again. People will have to train just like they do for 600/standard. :mrgreen:

POMP

Paradox

2008-10-07 19:53:40

didn't pump, cellar and a few others apply?

"from the killbox community"

Shinigami

2008-10-08 17:08:30

Well ....I cant get there until im off the road and get my internet hooked up... so...
and I did apply through the website, which seems useless..

I realize Fearsome is busy, would be nice to have OTHER ways of communicating with him, for cases like mine where I am not able to do steam or irc right now.

I won't be online fully until Monday... comcast cancelled my appt and no one knows why...

see you then

POMP
[email protected]

Shinigami

2008-10-12 19:03:11

Ok, I have a few questions before I go talk to Mr Fearsome in IRC. :sketchy:

1.- who has or who would be interested in being admin, now this is a serious commitment so don't jump in unless you have the time. [I don't make decisions, just asking]

2.- Who would be willing to help map out the rules and settings in the begining, but can't comit past that. [again..I don't make decisions, just asking]

3.- Who is interested in competing in this Division?

4.- What clan if any do you represent?

Thanks, numbers, data and charts help make a better argument so please answer short and sweet.

Thank you!

POMP

Paradox

2008-10-12 21:58:41

I dont believe any of the current applicants can be considered from the Killbox community. The reason that this is important is so that the admin has a better understanding of killbox play and players than someone who plays stock grav/type maps.

The admin would be the one to come up with a prospective set of rules, server settings and maps. They would have to be in contact with others from the killbox community,particularly the various clans to get this done.

Shinigami

2008-10-12 22:36:10

Are we allowed to know who the applicants are and why they are not qualified? For example, I play all types, all levels all gravity.. I spend a lot of time in killboxes, so I am not sure how you know for sure unless you follow them what people are playing, perhaps you could ask the alleged applicants?

Maybe first and foremost we need to make clear HOW DO YOU APPLY? Is talking to fearsome via IRC, the only way? I am doing it, just tryint to get my desktop stuff together but I am just curious what is the point of the cal site offering a way to apply to become get involved with cal, where does that go? who reads that?

What qualifications ARE you looking for? Are you looking for good managers or people who have been playing for a 100 years? What are the qualifications? Then that way the rest of us do not have to waste our time and your time.

If you want people to follow rules and guidelines then you need to make them clear.

POMP

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-13 00:31:36

I don’t see any reason why Pomp shouldn’t or couldn’t admin the KB League. She plays enough KB and Low-G to be SERIOUSLY considered. She’s a clever bast, enthusiastic and knowledgeable in this style enough to admin any league IMHO.
CAL Admins - here is someone who has the time and energy and willing to do this – this is now YOUR turn to not hinder it.
Pomp should be made the admin of the KB leage as well as made admin on IRC in case some tard wants to give her hard time cus she’s not a guy so she can kick that a$$.

[EYE] Valar

lead

2008-10-13 00:56:08

wow CAL sounds like a closed shop to me; how can you attract more players if your gonna be -ve about what could potentially bring some very good players to CAL albeit a bit different to stock map play; you guys seriously need to think more positively when someone is willing to help; specially after the fiasco we all had to read about in CAL recently; hardly a shining example :twisted:

Paradox

2008-10-13 02:54:30

I suggest you talk to Fearsome when you have a chance to get on line and do that thats all I am going to say on the subject.
You can also try email if IRC is too much for you.

None of the other applicants are from the KB community and have no interest admining a KB league.

badinfluence

2008-10-13 04:09:33

Shinigami wrote:Ok, I have a few questions before I go talk to Mr Fearsome in IRC. :sketchy:

1.- who has or who would be interested in being admin, now this is a serious commitment so don't jump in unless you have the time. [I don't make decisions, just asking]

2.- Who would be willing to help map out the rules and settings in the begining, but can't comit past that. [again..I don't make decisions, just asking]

Thanks, numbers, data and charts help make a better argument so please answer short and sweet.

Thank you!

POMP
1. No.
2. No.
3. I am.
4. Hell's Elite.

Shinigami

2008-10-13 04:42:58

IRC is not too much ty.. I have just finished a 1000 mile trek across country BY myself and just set up my computer up again, I will go talk to Fearsome, lets just hope he has a more open mind and is not so quick to dismiss people.

Just out of curiosity, Paradox what qualifications did you have to become Cal admin for the regular league?

POMP

Keeper

2008-10-13 05:34:37

1) no - I would, but too much stuff on my damn plate atm...
2) yes
3) yes
4) Me and a pal, not really clan related.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-13 05:36:26

badinfluence wrote:
Shinigami wrote:Ok, I have a few questions before I go talk to Mr Fearsome in IRC. :sketchy:

Thank you!

POMP
1. No.
2. No.
3. I am.
4. Hell's Elite.
Exactly what he said.

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-13 06:11:37

1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) {MaX} Clan.

{MaX} is an exclusively low gravity clan, with sv_gravity set at 100. For obvious reasons this setting is far too low, so I'd vote for a setting at around 300 to 350. If the gravity is going to be low, it has to be low enough to be in the true spirit of low gravity, that being less emphasis on things like bunny hopping and more emphasis on floating around in the air really fast.

Also, low gravity is significantly less fun and more frustrating with a low sv_airaccelerate setting. {MaX} uses a very high setting of 500, which I think would be optimal because it allows for the most air maneuverability.

Paradox

2008-10-13 08:01:59

Shinigami wrote: I have just finished a 1000 mile trek across country BY myself

Contradulations, that must have been an awesome experience.

I will go talk to Fearsome, lets just hope he has a more open mind and is not so quick to dismiss people.
Fearsome does not dismiss people out of hand, he will however pick people he feels he knows well enough to do the job. He is very cautious about people he doesnt know that well. Thats being careful in who you work with and as GM it is his perogative. This isnt the playground.

Just out of curiosity, Paradox what qualifications did you have to become Cal admin for the regular league?
As I said before, dont shoot the messenger; there is no need to get defensive, it is not my job to decide who is or isnt qualified, I am only passing along the message that I was given. You will have to ask Fearsome why he felt I would be a good admin. Its not a position I sought, he found me and chose to ask me to become one. I can only guess that its because had player for a long time, and wasnt planning on going anywhere soon. I love the game and I am a clan leader of a normal grav/stock map clan. I was heavily involved in the community and on the DMU where I tried to contribute in the conversations in a positive way and with a level head. He might have read on the U that I have been through Graduate school (there is a thread somewhere there that asked people to say what schooling they had). That told him I met the age requirement. Having been a graduate student himself, he knows it requires someone to be organized as well as a responsible worker (ie not a slacker) to get everything you have to get done accomplished and you need to have the ability to work somewhat independently. Finally I was looking to get more involved in the community through the U, but I was not aware of the need for admins or who did that job. All in all, I think I have done a pretty good job so far.

I will also warn anyone that thinks it would be "cool" to be a CAL admin to rethink that perspective. Its work, its a thankless job and it can be very frustrating. You have to adhere to a schedule. You have to often stop doing whatever you are doing to answer questions or to go do some of the administrative things you have to do. People are quick to judge you for everything you do and every decision you make. People are quick to call you corrupt, even people who know what the job is like. If you are easily flustered or quick to go on the defensive, you probably wont enjoy it. Also you cant have the attitude that you are going to come in and be a policeman of CAL and make everybody behave all the time. Admins on a power trip dont stay admins for long. If that is what people think this is about (and I am not saying that this is the case), then it might not be the right thing for them to do. Do it because you love the game and because you want to help keep it going by doing something positive.

badinfluence

2008-10-13 17:36:10

Pomp, the question is, are you biased enough for CAL?

Shinigami

2008-10-13 18:08:12

Ok, I spoke to fearsome and he said I was the only one that was really trying for the admin thing, so now I am entirely confused as to what Paradox was saying but let's move on...

Am I bias enough for Cal? What does that mean? Can I do a good job you bet, I am tough but fair where there are rules I enforce them. I have the time and willingness to do this job, there are a lot of very qualified people who do not. I really want this to happen, I think it is time for the low grav/killbox players to get their chance and I am hoping that will increase the cal competitors and will also encourage other styles and mods of trying to get serious by having a Cal division. I am hoping this is good for the GAME overall, I am pro-hl2dm, that's what I am, I like to see the game get out of its downward spiral and start acquiring new players.

Having said that Fearsome has given me the task to get a committee together to go ahead and set up standards, rules, maps, etc. That's why I need to know who is interested in the committee, which will put together the initial set up but not run it after that, this is good for those that like to see this happen but can't do much maintenance. This need to happen fairly fast for we are going to attempt to have a first run in less than a month. Ideally I like a representative of all the low grav clans to be involved, once I have enough clans that are committed to enter the competition then Fearsome will review it all and if it goes well he will open a roster for this division.

A lot of good stuff is being discussed here, we are going to have to start having serious conversations away from this forum at some point, once we are finalizing things.

I am going to start setting up some way for the committee to communicate, that doesn't mean the discussions here are over, so anyone really interested in the committee please e-mail me [email protected]

Thanks,

POMP

Shinigami

2008-10-13 18:17:24

Ok and looking over at our discussion here the following clans or people that are interested in competing, add your clan to the list if you know you can get at least 4 players to commit for the season [it hasn't been decided if what it will be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4?}:

1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend [maybe find 2 more?]
5- [MF]
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
MORE? :)

To keep it fair as you see both the clans I belong to up there, I would be competing under Team Veracity, if I become the official for this division.

Thanks!

POMP

Keeper

2008-10-13 18:26:24

I don't think I would play in anything over a 2v2 in a killbox.

Seems excessive to me...but others might like it.

I'll see if any in my clan will want to play too. maybe we can get some moar!!!

Shinigami

2008-10-13 18:36:47

MOAR!!! :lol:

I like Val's idea of a 3v3 personally, but again we shall keep that open for dicsussion ;)

POMP

{MaX}Fragganator

2008-10-13 19:37:36

Anything less than 3v3. You need to make them small to medium size maps. You don't to spend 10 minutes trying to find each other. I too am used to our settings at {MaX} but I have played on many servers. And can adapt to whatever grav/accell settings they have.
Happy to see this is going forward.

Paradox

2008-10-13 20:09:56

couple of map possibilities that are small enough for a 2v2 and are great fun to play

dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
dm_Valar
dm_killbox_kbh2 (everyone plays this one it seems)
dm_killbox_futurist (?something like that) - this one is new, might be a tad large for 2v2?

Even I like to play donutbox, Valar and futurist :P

L2k

2008-10-13 20:11:49

Keeper wrote:I don't think I would play in anything over a 2v2 in a killbox.

Seems excessive to me...but others might like it.
I feel the same way.

I know if a 1v1 happens I will do it.

2v2 I think someone from fusion would join me in as well, but I need to confirm that.

and yes kbh 2 is a must

old time no.7

2008-10-13 20:20:41

L2k wrote: and yes kbh 2 is a must
agreeed.
i am in for a 1v1 tournament.

scott5245

2008-10-13 22:17:59

xld will do it im sure if the grav isnt to low as in 150, 350-400 we'll do. so my question is whats teh gravity?

badinfluence

2008-10-13 23:01:40

I would only want to compete in a 1v1. There is no need for team work in a killbox so there is no need for teams.

ninojman

2008-10-13 23:48:29

badinfluence wrote:I would only want to compete in a 1v1. There is no need for team work in a killbox so there is no need for teams.
2v2 or 3v3 would make it harder for someone to sit on the top and camp the mag

Shinigami

2008-10-14 01:24:17

Ok, things we are working out:

[everything] :lol:

1. Gravity/Velocity [Settings]

Would we have 1 setting that may affect the mappers settings as we mentioned before or would we do different settings for different maps?
2. Map recommendations for whatever we are doing 1v1, 2v2, 3v3?
{good ones Paradox} :wink:
Ideally the maps we pick should be very basic in the sense that there are no hidden walls, no secret rooms or many transports. The idea is for people to device strategy, even in the craziness of a killbox.
3. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3? For right now Fearsome mention we may just start with one, ideally I like to see 2, sounds like 1v1 would be popular, so maybe 1v1 and 3v3?
Teams should IDEALLY, have as many people in their roster as possible, enrolled as soon as possible just in case, even if you do not get to use a couple of people it helps to have back up to meet your matches.
4. Rules, of course we would follow already established Cal rules for HL2DM with some necessary changes for the style, but the same basic rules will apply. Same protocol as far as signing up, communications, meeting matches, filing disputes, etc.

I still need volunteers for the committee, so far I am pretty sure I can count on the following:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. keeper [?]

It would really help to have the assistance of CAL [600grav division] for general assistance and ideas, so if any of you 600 grav guys want to join, in the true spirit of helping, I am all ears :)

Ty Frag, I am glad we are finally getting down to getting real about this.. YAY! :thumbsup:

If anyone join due to my little mad spamming session, thank you for being so prompt and please pass on the information to other players!

Thanks!

POMP

Keeper

2008-10-14 01:48:00

You can commit me to the committee

:D :thumbsup:

And we'll need a plugin to handle the map changes if you are going to change gravity. If you change gravity right before the map switches, then it will be right on the next map. If you do it after the new map loads, then the physobjects will not react right. It would be a simple thing to do...might even use the plugin they use at CU to work as a base ... if needed.

Paradox

2008-10-14 02:21:46

I am always willing to answer questions about the basic rules of CAL, or whatever, so please ask if you have any.

STK_PureChaos

2008-10-14 04:00:51

I'd love to play, but I'm about the only member of my clan that does killboxes :/

Shinigami

2008-10-14 07:16:47

Cool ok.. Keeper is in..
So is Conflict for committee

Ty Paradox we will have questions for sure..

Purechaors well hold on we may have 1v1, so don't go too far ;)

POMP

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-14 08:57:16

I'm definitely willing to help organize the tournament or at least help with setting it up. Or help with whatever.

Shinigami

2008-10-14 15:17:58

WOOT! This is how we are looking so far:

Poss Teams:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7-Six [Possibly]
8-
9-
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos

Commitee:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. Keeper
4.Conflict
5. Paradox [Cal advisor]

Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2

Great.... MOAR!!!! :twisted:

I will start sending the commitee members an invite to a steam group where everyone will be able to post, we can kinda use it like our forums or if need be I can set up REAl forums

Thankz!

POMP/Shinigami

Freetux

2008-10-14 15:23:54

Can Euro players join :?

Paradox

2008-10-14 15:30:48

Euro players can play in CAL if they choose to, but they must play on a U.S. server. Since most clans/teams have servers in the central U.S. (Dallas, Chicago, St. Louis to name some), pings could be pretty high. That said we played a bunch of guys from the UK on our server recently and they were a tough match for us. However I am sure they would not have faired as well against FlaS, VDuS or $W.

Freetux

2008-10-14 15:39:02

Hmm ill probably give it a miss, I get reasonable ping to the East Coast, but anything else is unplayable really...

Super Luigi

2008-10-14 15:43:09

Gates lives in Britain and he plays cal with us :mrgreen:
his ping gets up there like 120ish but he holds his own great :D

BuckyKatt

2008-10-14 16:55:30

Shinigami wrote: Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
Count me in here.

Keeper

2008-10-14 18:02:38

I've redone kbh_2 to be kbh_2p to work on pure2 servers. That should be the version we use.

STK_PureChaos

2008-10-14 18:07:30

I'll definitely be up for some 1v1....but my skillz prolly arent that good cause I'm limited on my moments cause of my disability, meaning I cant strafe & crap, but I've been told im damn good with grav gun & nades :)

badinfluence

2008-10-14 18:35:35

I guess you can count me in for a committee if you so desire. I'll go around looking for good killbox maps tonight when I get home.

Walking Target

2008-10-14 20:31:13

Keeper wrote:I've redone kbh_2 to be kbh_2p to work on pure2 servers. That should be the version we use.
Ohhh, fully packed??? Been wanting this for long time for our map pack.

Keeper

2008-10-14 21:31:44

Shinigami

2008-10-14 22:13:51

Thank you Para for answering that, I wasn't sure, I like to encourage then everyone to at least give it a try, realistically a ping higher than 150 will be a incredibly difficult for both fighters. :?

Let's check out Keepers good works! :mrgreen:

Awesome Bucky!

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat

Chaos, I have disabilities too, just give it your best shot :)

POMP

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-15 00:30:15

dm_killbox_pawa_v4 and dm_eye1 seem to be quite popular as well

Davethegreatest

2008-10-15 02:03:49

The Defectors Clan, support the Idea for a low gravity league for CAL.

We personally use gravity of 120, and run mainly killboxes.

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-15 02:13:12

Count me in for the 1v1. 8)

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-15 02:40:16

there will be a need for both 1v1 and 3v3 divisions as it looks from here guys

STK_PureChaos

2008-10-15 03:09:48

Are we allowed to get the mas & practice on our own time?

Walking Target

2008-10-15 03:28:47

Keeper wrote:http://gameserver.kbhclan.com/maps/dm_k ... kbh_2p.bsp
The preeeeciousssss..... :D

Sorry kids been watching shitloads of LOTR...

snipeIT

2008-10-15 05:00:40

You can add me down for the 1v1 section. (possibly for 3v3 too, if i can get master of puppets, redeyez or kandyman to commit)

I recommend we use all stock settings for everything else other than gravity. It would become too tedious and unnecessary having players to deal with other rates and settings (ie. air accelerate)

As far as maps go, I still feel that kbh_2 is the only killbox worth playing/mentioning.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-15 05:04:59

snipeIT wrote:You can add me down for the 1v1 section. (possibly for 3v3 too, if i can get master of puppets, redeyez or kandyman to commit)

I recommend we use all stock settings for everything else other than gravity. It would become too tedious and unnecessary having players to deal with other rates and settings (ie. air accelerate)

As far as maps go, I still feel that kbh_2 is the only killbox worth playing/mentioning.
airaccelerate and accelerate are not players' settings. they are server side. so is gravity.

Ko-Tao

2008-10-15 05:59:20

Each killbox has generally been designed for a specific gravity setting- instead of forcing one setting on every box and breaking 90% of them, why not use the correct setting for each box and have them play as originally intended?
Paradox wrote:Euro players can play in CAL if they choose to, but they must play on a U.S. server. Since most clans/teams have servers in the central U.S. (Dallas, Chicago, St. Louis to name some), pings could be pretty high. That said we played a bunch of guys from the UK on our server recently and they were a tough match for us. However I am sure they would not have faired as well against FlaS, VDuS or $W.
The "geographically equal server" and "within america or southern canada" clauses ensure that all NA-Euro matches are played on eastern servers, so no worries there.

Paradox

2008-10-15 07:03:52

snipeIT wrote:

8 weeks of kbh_2.....? :?

Keeper

2008-10-15 07:17:22

Why not, I've been playing it for almost 2 years straight :)

But no, we need some variety.

snipeIT

2008-10-15 07:39:10

Ok,

So what I was trying to say was keep the current settings in the CAL.cfg's that are already made, but have sv_gravity as the only adjustable settings for the killbox league.

Shinigami

2008-10-15 15:06:58

:shock: Breathe POMP breathe..!! :lol:

Poss Teams:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
8. POMP [get my butt kicked but what the hey]

Commitee:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. Keeper
4.Conflict
5. Paradox [Cal advisor]

Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2

* I am with Val on this one looks like 1v1 and 3v3.
* We indeed may have to just stick to the settings on the maps if it's going to affect them in any which way.
* Our changes may me minimum if any then as far as what the player set up can be same with the rules?
* More maps? I like bunker but may not be feasible.

Ok I set up the committee in a com group where everyone can post, feel free to make any comments you may have there that you may feel are of committee only matter and at some point soon we need to get together and write most of this up.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-15 18:51:22

Shinigami wrote: * Our changes may me minimum if any then as far as what the player set up can be same with the rules?
Not sure what you mean but again - as far as player's (Client side) settings playing in the league will require none.
All settings will be made either as new versions of those elected maps with their settings embedded / added to the map, independently upon map launch. A one single settings cgf is not a reality.

Also.. it seems some may not fully understand the idea of server settings - while you set the map's gravity you can also set (when relevant) the sv_accelerate, sv_airaccelerate, sv_friction, sv_maxspeed etc. Even though those cvars are less familiar to players they are still part of the same cvar list we were given with this game to leave as is or modify as we may.

"Stock" cvars are values you set. obviously they will have to "come" set at "something". but they are still only values and nothing more. FYI the larger majority playing HL2DM uses none-stock server settings. needless to mention most of us hardly ever use their "stock" client settings and those are changed in many cases several times a day as key binds to match certain servers' rate and tickrate settings.

Shinigami

2008-10-15 19:11:45

So, we will need to send a "standard" for the league for SERVER settings but use the settings meant for the maps, am I correct? or do I need more coffee?? :sketchy:

POMP

{MaX}Fragganator

2008-10-15 19:34:21

You can count me in for 1v1 2v2 3v3 either . Like Pomp said I will probably get my ass ahnded to me in 1v1 but its still soundsl ike fun. BTW Pomp who is this Stell person in your comitee LOL. :wink: :wink:

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-15 19:43:50

Shinigami wrote:So, we will need to send a "standard" for the league for SERVER settings but use the settings meant for the maps, am I correct? or do I need more coffee?? :sketchy:

POMP
try herbal tea and some rest :D

L2k

2008-10-15 20:18:52

The current cal cfg allows for a "range" of client settings to be adjusted and in some cases forces a few important ones. This should be fine for the killbox league as well. When it comes to server settings based on the map there may be some variances in preference but I would think the only thing we really need to worry about is gravity, things like air accelerate, friction, max speed and such do not really need to vary from stock default settings IMO.

Now I understand that some clans do run modified values of the aforementioned settings and are used to playing that way, but in order to simplify things to some extent wouldn't it make more sense to just only change gravity if it a common value cant be agreed upon?

After taking a look at the suggested map list so far I can't see why any of the maps wouldn't work fine with a gravity of 375 or 400. I would think it would be of some benefit to again just agree on a common setting, put that setting in the cal cfg and go with a standardized cfg which works for all maps in the league.

By doing this you are going to eliminate alot of time being wasted setting up the match and verifying settings ect., eliminate potential disputes after the fact, and overall give players a "base" setting to get used to for competitive play.

Sacrifist

2008-10-15 20:43:35

Shinigami wrote::shock: Breathe POMP breathe..!! :lol:

Poss Teams:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8- The Defectors
9- Xcess
10- Elite
We love killboxes and want in :)

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-15 21:43:23

L2k wrote:The current cal cfg allows for a "range" of client settings to be adjusted and in some cases forces a few important ones. This should be fine for the killbox league as well. When it comes to server settings based on the map there may be some variances in preference but I would think the only thing we really need to worry about is gravity, things like air accelerate, friction, max speed and such do not really need to vary from stock default settings IMO.

Now I understand that some clans do run modified values of the aforementioned settings and are used to playing that way, but in order to simplify things to some extent wouldn't it make more sense to just only change gravity if it a common value cant be agreed upon?

After taking a look at the suggested map list so far I can't see why any of the maps wouldn't work fine with a gravity of 375 or 400. I would think it would be of some benefit to again just agree on a common setting, put that setting in the cal cfg and go with a standardized cfg which works for all maps in the league.

By doing this you are going to eliminate alot of time being wasted setting up the match and verifying settings ect., eliminate potential disputes after the fact, and overall give players a "base" setting to get used to for competitive play.
why the need to simplify something that is so simply to do in the first place. i think seriously all this debate about the different settings is (like always) the only thing that's compilcated. map settings can be embedded into the map without any further messing around from the server.cfg, admin, anyone's side.
leave this alone already and let people play the way they want in a tournament they want to participate in for their own enjoyment. enough red tape.

And in practice :

Have the server.cfg set to 375 grav and leave the rest pure2.
Map will be remade for CAL (like so many have until now for stock style) with the server cvars triggered by a point_server_command. this is as simple as adding a freaking texture or removing a spawn point.
if a mapper doesn't know how to do it - please let me know and i'l post a link to download a prefab.

Paradox

2008-10-15 22:51:50

Shinigami wrote:So, we will need to send a "standard" for the league for SERVER settings but use the settings meant for the maps, am I correct? or do I need more coffee?? :sketchy:

POMP
Yes you need to decide on the server settings. Take a gander at the current 1v1 and team cfgs as a guide. You can adjust things like gravity, air accel, accel. Once you agree on what it should be, I would suggest you keep one gravity setting across all maps so that its consistent and thats what people get used to playing. I also suggest you keep the client range settings the same as the current ones so that those are consistent with the other divisions, because I see that some people will be willing to play both KB and standard divisons. If you need help with interpreting whats what, please ask.

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-15 23:28:24

I still recommend a high airaccelerate value that stays consistent on all maps. It prevents Float of Death scenarios and keeps things fast paced. The only thing it (really) effects is the ability to move in the air, so if you choose not to use that ability then it will not affect you.

As for any other settings (other than gravity, which should also remain consistent), we should leave them as pure.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-16 00:07:20

L2k wrote:The current cal cfg allows for a "range" of client settings to be adjusted and in some cases forces a few important ones. This should be fine for the killbox league as well. When it comes to server settings based on the map there may be some variances in preference but I would think the only thing we really need to worry about is gravity, things like air accelerate, friction, max speed and such do not really need to vary from stock default settings IMO.

What I will add is that anything we do needs to be as simple as it is currently in CAL. You run a single config (either 1v1 or teams), all the settings are configured, all plugins are disabled, you get the nice count down, and then the game starts. We do not need to have a lot of fiddling with settings before a match can start.

Now, if these values can be embedded in the maps and are enforced on a mp_restartgame then I think we could potentially use different settings per map. However I can see a potential for abuse if a mp_restartgame does not enforce the values embedded in the map. In particular I might change the grav to something slightly higher or lower the accelerate so it more closes matches what I am used to. It would then be incumbent upon my opponent to both know and check that the map settings had not be adjusted.

Also, currently in CAL 1v1 each player picks a map from the list of maps and ties are decided on the weekly map. Will that still be the case for KB CAL 1v1 or will it move to the same system that CAL 2v2 and 4v4 use (weekly map, add the scores from both games, winner is person with highest score, ties allowed)?

L2k

2008-10-16 00:20:57

[EYE] Valar wrote:

why the need to simplify something that is so simply to do in the first place. i think seriously all this debate about the different settings is (like always) the only thing that's compilcated. map settings can be embedded into the map without any further messing around from the server.cfg, admin, anyone's side.
leave this alone already and let people play the way they want in a tournament they want to participate in for their own enjoyment. enough red tape.

And in practice :

Have the server.cfg set to 375 grav and leave the rest pure2.
Map will be remade for CAL (like so many have until now for stock style) with the server cvars triggered by a point_server_command. this is as simple as adding a freaking texture or removing a spawn point.
if a mapper doesn't know how to do it - please let me know and i'l post a link to download a prefab.
I guess the big question is Valar are you volunteering to redo all the maps?
Because so far I haven't heard anyone other than keeper say he would modify his map.

snipeIT

2008-10-16 00:43:19

Have like 3-5 maps.....

And have 3-5 cfgs...problem solved.

"Hey snipe, you owned me on kbh_2 time for my map!"

*types exec tsgk_cal.cfg*

*Match ends, snipe loses, happy ending.*

L2k

2008-10-16 01:04:34

BuckyKatt wrote:What I will add is that anything we do needs to be as simple as it is currently in CAL. You run a single config (either 1v1 or teams), all the settings are configured, all plugins are disabled, you get the nice count down, and then the game starts. We do not need to have a lot of fiddling with settings before a match can start.

Now, if these values can be embedded in the maps and are enforced on a mp_restartgame then I think we could potentially use different settings per map. However I can see a potential for abuse if a mp_restartgame does not enforce the values embedded in the map. In particular I might change the grav to something slightly higher or lower the accelerate so it more closes matches what I am used to. It would then be incumbent upon my opponent to both know and check that the map settings had not be adjusted.
These were exactly my thoughts, and coming from previous cal admin experience even though it may seem to some people that all this is not that complicated, you need to keep in mind that some players are not that server savy and as much as possible you need to keep things simple. Otherwise there are just too many delays and issues that come up before and after matches are played. Just as BuckyKatt said it really does need to be as simple as just exec the cal cfg.

Now I know in the past one of the things that prevented this from happening was that people could not agree on settings ect. I think there just needs to be some compromise and things need to be agreed upon quickly or it could cause problems again.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-16 01:56:09

L2k wrote:
BuckyKatt wrote:What I will add is that anything we do needs to be as simple as it is currently in CAL. You run a single config (either 1v1 or teams), all the settings are configured, all plugins are disabled, you get the nice count down, and then the game starts. We do not need to have a lot of fiddling with settings before a match can start.

These were exactly my thoughts, and coming from previous cal admin experience even though it may seem to some people that all this is not that complicated, you need to keep in mind that some players are not that server savy and as much as possible you need to keep things simple. Otherwise there are just too many delays and issues that come up before and after matches are played. Just as BuckyKatt said it really does need to be as simple as just exec the cal cfg.

Now I know in the past one of the things that prevented this from happening was that people could not agree on settings ect. I think there just needs to be some compromise and things need to be agreed upon quickly or it could cause problems again.
having a point_server_command run at MapSpawn overrides everything and any server (cfg / autoexec) settings. it cannot be affected by mp_restartgame or any cvar you run in a match. be it CAL or not.
Again, the settings will apear with the map exactly the same way as any other component in the map.
I guess the big question is Valar are you volunteering to redo all the maps?
yes. not a problem at all. If and when this is agreed upon i will contact the different authors for their approval on the modifications.

val

<kyle>

2008-10-16 04:40:44

meh what the hell put me down for 1v1.I use to be a great killboxer :wink:

Fearsome*

2008-10-16 05:50:31

I think the usual (leet/stock/cal) players should stay out of this (you guys know who you are) the main complaint I recieved in CTF and previous KB discussions is we made it to much like CAL or we forced our ideals upon them. Obviously experienced league players know that a league should be standardized for fair competition. But if thats not what KB players want then just let them run it the way they see fit and do not intervene. I guess I don't mind if you are presenting questions as food for thought but I think you should stay away from trying to be a forger of the leagues rules.

Keeper

2008-10-16 06:15:30

I know this much. It doesn't matter how much planning and work we do. It won't be right the first time. So Fearsome is right, let us come up with what makes sense for the KB community. If it don't work the first time, fix it the next time :D

Shinigami

2008-10-16 08:43:40

Pfft.. :sketchy: is what I said before :lol: .. we know first time wont be right.. just have patience and stick around because this is how the process work. :mrgreen:

Ok, kyle added to 1v1 .. anyone else?

POMP

provost

2008-10-16 09:03:53

Fearsome* wrote:I think the usual (leet/stock/cal) players should stay out of this (you guys know who you are) the main complaint I recieved in CTF and previous KB discussions is we made it to much like CAL or we forced our ideals upon them. Obviously experienced league players know that a league should be standardized for fair competition. But if thats not what KB players want then just let them run it the way they see fit and do not intervene. I guess I don't mind if you are presenting questions as food for thought but I think you should stay away from trying to be a forger of the leagues rules.

Ding!

ownege

2008-10-16 09:19:10

count me in any day. Put mR.oWNEGe as the display name

This sounds kwel guys good idea :D

Shinigami

2008-10-16 17:34:44

Looking good! I know Fearsome, you are right about scaring players away with too much leetness for this division BUT we can't just throw away what we know works as far as rules and settings, perhaps for the first season, since most of these players will be new to cal we can be patient with them as I hope they will be with us.

POMP

Poss Teams:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
9. Kyle
10. Ownege

Commitee:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. Keeper
4.Conflict
5. Paradox [Cal advisor]

Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2

badinfluence

2008-10-16 17:46:32

badinfluence wrote:I guess you can count me in for a committee if you so desire. I'll go around looking for good killbox maps tonight when I get home.
This.

Darkology

2008-10-16 19:21:20

Whats the grav, air acell, etc gonna be?

{MaX}Fragganator

2008-10-16 19:56:30

Shinigami wrote:Pfft.. :sketchy: is what I said before :lol: .. we know first time wont be right.. just have patience and stick around because this is how the process work. :mrgreen:

Ok, kyle added to 1v1 .. anyone else?

POMP
{MaX}Fragganator wrote:You can count me in for 1v1 2v2 3v3 either . Like Pomp said I will probably get my ass handed to me in 1v1 but its still soundsl ike fun. BTW Pomp who is this Stell person in your comitee LOL. :wink: :wink:
Um So yeah :lol:

ninojman

2008-10-16 20:35:39

dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
dm_domebox_tsgk

are my favorites

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-16 20:43:15

Darkology wrote:Whats the grav, air acell, etc gonna be?
..we can use several variations (when relevant of course):

sv_gravity 375
sv_accelerate 50
sv_airaccelerate 1000
sv_friction 3

sv_gravity 375
sv_accelerate 50
sv_airaccelerate 150
sv_friction 3

sv_gravity 375
sv_accelerate 20
sv_airaccelerate 20
sv_friction 3

etc etc . . .

another topic we should discuss is A and B levels. i'm seeing a well number of high level players coming in and this is super great but this is also going to be pwnage simply put. doing A and B level will be a lot more satisfying to many many people and will allow them to take part and enjoy playing some DM. :D

val

provost

2008-10-16 22:07:51

ninojman wrote:dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
dm_domebox_tsgk

are my favorites

ninojman

2008-10-16 22:12:16

.conflict wrote:
dm_domebox_tsgk

are my favorites

provost

2008-10-16 22:21:44

ninojman wrote:
.conflict wrote:
dm_domebox_tsgk

are my favorites
TO sum it up, these are nino's and my favourites (just in case someone was wondering) right nino?

Shinigami

2008-10-16 22:23:53

How would the variation work as far as making it easier for the server owners?
If we start and A or B, wouldn't that make it more work?

Pomp

1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
9. Kyle
10. Ownege
11. Bad influence
12. Fragganator

Commitee:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. Keeper
4.Conflict
5. Paradox [Cal advisor]
6. Bad Influece

Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2
4.dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
5.dm_domebox_tsgk

badinfluence

2008-10-16 23:24:02

Shinigami wrote:How would the variation work as far as making it easier for the server owners?
If we start and A or B, wouldn't that make it more work?

Pomp

1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
9. Kyle
10. Ownege
11. Bad influence
12. Fragganator

Commitee:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. Keeper
4.Conflict
5. Paradox [Cal advisor]

Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2
4.dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
5.dm_domebox_tsgk
badinfluence wrote:
badinfluence wrote:I guess you can count me in for a committee if you so desire. I'll go around looking for good killbox maps tonight when I get home.
This.
This.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-16 23:36:09

Shinigami wrote:How would the variation work as far as making it easier for the server owners?
has nothing to do with server owners at all. all they need to do is upload the map to their server and have a smoke.
Shinigami wrote:If we start and A or B, wouldn't that make it more work?
yes. for you.

Paradox

2008-10-17 00:33:36

[EYE] Valar wrote:
Darkology wrote:Whats the grav, air acell, etc gonna be?
..we can use several variations (when relevant of course):

sv_gravity 375
sv_accelerate 50
sv_airaccelerate 1000
sv_friction 3

sv_gravity 375
sv_accelerate 50
sv_airaccelerate 150
sv_friction 3

sv_gravity 375
sv_accelerate 20
sv_airaccelerate 20
sv_friction 3

etc etc . . .

another topic we should discuss is A and B levels. i'm seeing a well number of high level players coming in and this is super great but this is also going to be pwnage simply put. doing A and B level will be a lot more satisfying to many many people and will allow them to take part and enjoy playing some DM. :D

val

I believe each of these would need a seperate server config unless the map settings override the server config (?) and if so, the team would have to know which one to run when, could get complicated.

Walking Target

2008-10-17 01:24:27

[EYE] Valar wrote: having a point_server_command run at MapSpawn overrides everything and any server (cfg / autoexec) settings. it cannot be affected by mp_restartgame or any cvar you run in a match. be it CAL or not.
Again, the settings will apear with the map exactly the same way as any other component in the map.

Shinigami

2008-10-17 02:16:18

lol Bad Influence if you could add me to your steam friends, I will add you to the committee [ chickwitha44 ] :mrgreen:

Humm.. Val, thanks for the extra work on the a and B's :x

How can we test the Vals idea?

POMP

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-17 03:06:37

Paradox wrote:I believe each of these would need a seperate server config unless the map settings override the server config (?) and if so, the team would have to know which one to run when, could get complicated.
point_server_command overrides server config since it comes after it. e.g. no need for separate server config. not complicated.
Shinigami wrote:How can we test the Vals idea?
point_server_command overrides server config since it comes after it. e.g. no need to test. it works.

val

Shinigami

2008-10-17 03:41:20

Ok, need to have the committee get together some time this weekend if possible, fri-sat-sun, so then we can decide what needs changing and what does not, I think we can get more clans to join as well off the top of head
DND, DOW, FL, SIX, OFC, etc... anyone know people in these clans .. git them in here!! :mrgreen:

ownege

2008-10-17 05:58:50

mezor wants to beh teh in committee

rofl

ninojman

2008-10-17 06:19:41

L2k

2008-10-17 10:15:22

Might be getting ahead of the game but is air humping going to be allowed?

If there is a vote I'd vote no.

Maybe something for the committee to kick around.

Zman42

2008-10-17 15:48:15

L2k wrote:Might be getting ahead of the game but is air humping going to be allowed?

If there is a vote I'd vote no.

Maybe something for the committee to kick around.
D: D: D:

While we're at it why not make smg nades and orbs illegal? Oh and shotguns too. And grav nading. Then we could all float around shooting mags at each other and argue about honor and cheapness. :x

Darkology

2008-10-17 16:00:33

I want to play in the 1v1!!

Whats with the limited spots in the 1v1s?

Super Luigi

2008-10-17 16:06:08

wats air humping?

Shinigami

2008-10-17 16:32:23

Well, in reference to air humping, I am thinking it's probably up there with bhopping for reg grav if you think about it, we will discuss it at the committee although personally as much as I hate it do not see why it would not be allowed. :?

As far as space Dark, I have to talk to fearsome, it will probably be like standard cal, which I believe is, fill it up!! :mrgreen:

Zman you playin? or you going to shush :lol:

1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
9. Kyle
10. Ownege
11. Bad influence
12. Fragganator
13. Darkology

Commitee:
1. Valar
2. Stell
3. Keeper
4.Conflict
5. Paradox [Cal advisor]
6. Bad Influence
7. Pure Ownage

Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2
4.dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
5.dm_domebox_tsgk

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-17 17:07:55

Shinigami wrote:
Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2
4.dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
5.dm_domebox_tsgk
we need to have a vote for maps.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-17 17:55:01

Shinigami wrote:Well, in reference to air humping, I am thinking it's probably up there with bhopping for reg grav if you think about it, we will discuss it at the committee although personally as much as I hate it do not see why it would not be allowed. :?

I don't really see air humping as analogous to bhopping. Bhopping is first and foremost a means of moving quickly and silently (for gathering and such). Air humping exists solely so that a players hit boxes are erratic.

My leanings are with Punk.

Zman42

2008-10-17 17:57:17

BuckyKatt wrote:
Shinigami wrote:Well, in reference to air humping, I am thinking it's probably up there with bhopping for reg grav if you think about it, we will discuss it at the committee although personally as much as I hate it do not see why it would not be allowed. :?

I don't really see air humping as analogous to bhopping. Bhopping is first and foremost a means of moving quickly and silently (for gathering and such). Air humping exists solely so that a players hit boxes are erratic.

My leanings are with Punk.

wow wtf.... tapping crouch many times is illegal? ok how about tapping crouch twice in a row? or once? so ducking is legal but ducking twice isnt? what about if your on the ground? ok how about jumping? :disgusted:

ninojman

2008-10-17 17:59:42

[EYE] Valar wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2
4.dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
5.dm_domebox_tsgk

what is that new killbox you made valar? the one you had me come to not to long ago?

It looked like a church kinda with the paned glass....i think

Super Luigi

2008-10-17 18:00:35

[EYE] Valar wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
Maps.
1.dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
2.dm_Valar
3.dm_killbox_kbh2
4.dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
5.dm_domebox_tsgk
domebox annd kbh2 are a must 8)

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-17 19:06:55

Air humping is kind of hard to enforce. I'd prefer it be kept to a minimum (crouch is sometimes required in the air in LG, so there will always be sporadic thrusts) but even then there is a fuzzy line between what constitutes too much air humping.

If we vote to disallow it all together, however, those sporadic thrusts mentioned above could be construed as air humping, when in reality it is not the case.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-17 19:25:45

Zman42 wrote:wow wtf.... tapping crouch many times is illegal? ok how about tapping crouch twice in a row? or once? so ducking is legal but ducking twice isnt? what about if your on the ground? ok how about jumping? :disgusted:
To me it is about the effect it seems to have on their hit boxes versus what the animation shows to be happening. When an action can cause a persons hit box to no longer be in sync with their animation then I tend to regard that action as undesirable. If I shoot a person in the head but their hit box currently is registering head shots in either their chest or some where above their head then I see it as a problem and this has been my exact experience with air humping. :indifferent to your disgust:

ninojman

2008-10-17 19:30:30

I am guessing Zman has never seen it.......
It would be hard to enforce and make gameplay for killbox bad.
although if the grav is close to standard it wouldn't be as bad.
Lol best bet would be to really make an effort to fix the animations bug for duck crouch....

I am sure there are some AVI's out.

you'd need a forums post about it on steam forums and have everyone sign it.

Zman42

2008-10-17 20:42:00

ninojman wrote:I am guessing Zman has never seen it.......
yeah because I just started playing this game yesterday... :sketchy:

L2k

2008-10-17 21:16:11

yeah Im guessing since zman doesnt really play killboxes much if at all he really hasn't seen it to the extent I have. I was afraid of what kind of debate this might spark, but its one that I thought was of valid concern. Crouching in the air is one thing and is totally acceptable but having macros which spam 50 crouch inputs so your hitbox's get screwed up is another. It's quite easy to see when someone is doing it and yes can also be done just by tapping the crouch key repeatedly. Theres no doubt that air humping is a hitbox exploit and can make shots not register at all.

Being that in the regular divisions it is not allowed to use other known exploits such as phys lock, weapon erase, and using out of bounds areas in certain maps that were not clipped properly, I don't see why this couldn't be a rule for killbox. It's been quite clear that due to these rules, these exploits have not been a issue as people just don't do it, so enforcement has not been hard at all.

I think if it were to be decided that it was not going to be allowed, yet a player was doing it in a match then it would just be a matter of one player stating in game chat that air humping is not allowed and please stop. If the other player continues to do it the demo could be reviewed and if it were determined that it was excessively done the match could be overturned.

Its not like air humping is something that accidentally happens, it's done intentionally and very easy to spot. Ive played a few hundred hours of killbox now and against some of the best killbox players, what I've seen is that the best players do not do it because they know its a cheap exploit and they don't like it when players do it to them. It's the low and mid skilled players that tend to do it to compensate for their lack of aim and they think it's perfectly acceptable.

L2k

2008-10-17 21:19:52

ninojman wrote:Lol best bet would be to really make an effort to fix the animations bug for duck crouch....
Yeah LOL, we know that will never happen.

snuffymckiller

2008-10-17 21:25:29

L2k wrote:yeah Im guessing since zman doesnt really play killboxes much if at all he really hasn't seen it to the extent I have. I was afraid of what kind of debate this might spark, but its one that I thought was of valid concern. Crouching in the air is one thing and is totally acceptable but having macros which spam 50 crouch inputs so your hitbox's get screwed up is another. It's quite easy to see when someone is doing it and yes can also be done just by tapping the crouch key repeatedly. Theres no doubt that air humping is a hitbox exploit and can make shots not register at all.

Being that in the regular divisions it is not allowed to use other known exploits such as phys lock, weapon erase, and using out of bounds areas in certain maps that were not clipped properly, I don't see why this couldn't be a rule for killbox. It's been quite clear that due to these rules, these exploits have not been a issue as people just don't do it, so enforcement has not been hard at all.

I think if it were to be decided that it was not going to be allowed, yet a player was doing it in a match then it would just be a matter of one player stating in game chat that air humping is not allowed and please stop. If the other player continues to do it the demo could be reviewed and if it were determined that it was excessively done the match could be overturned.

Its not like air humping is something that accidentally happens, it's done intentionally and very easy to spot. Ive played a few hundred hours of killbox now and against some of the best killbox players, what I've seen is that the best players do not do it because they know its a cheap exploit and they don't like it when players do it to them. It's the low and mid skilled players that tend to do it to compensate for their lack of aim and they think it's perfectly acceptable.

Ditto!

Zman42

2008-10-17 21:37:41

/me exits the process :shock:

Shinigami

2008-10-17 22:47:14

Valid concern indeed but hard to enforce and many gray areas to work with [i.e was really just crouching and my thumb slipped... 20 times] :? a macro would not be acceptable either way correct, scripting or any of that matter, wonder if they can use that in secure cal ready server? i just shoot the bastards never payed that much attention to the detail. :sketchy:

POMP

ninojman

2008-10-17 23:17:02

no ya, i take it back, punk is right it can be enforced.
Fast shotgun exploit was made illegal and enforced and cut it down in matches
weapon erase, and using out of bounds areas in certain maps that were not clipped properly,
closest to this would be scrolling for multi-pushing in sta which was enforced and players didn't do it in fear of having matches overturned. So for the sake of gameplay i would say make it illegal in match play. Same thing as using mm1 during a match, ask them to stop if they continue dispute.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-18 02:11:23

ninojman wrote:
what is that new killbox you made valar? the one you had me come to not to long ago?

It looked like a church kinda with the paned glass....i think
:sketchy:

Seagull

2008-10-18 02:51:12

far too hard to enforce to be made illegal

L2k

2008-10-18 03:07:22

Seagull wrote:far too hard to enforce to be made illegal
how so?
None of the other exploits have been hard to enforce, simply make it against the rules and it will enforce itself for the most part.

Ghost Dog_TSGK

2008-10-18 03:25:00

Air humping is the gayest, lamest most shittiest shit I've ever seen all my years of gaming.

It's easy to see too not that hard to enforce thanks to our glitched animations.

Paradox

2008-10-18 03:38:35

L2k wrote:but having macros which spam 50 crouch inputs so your hitbox's get screwed up is another. It's quite easy to see when someone is doing it and yes can also be done just by tapping the crouch key repeatedly.

Wouldnt the ACS system pick up on it if it was a macro? Or does the lack of wait commands help to prevent/stop that?

Repeated tapping wouldnt be picked up by ACS but if it is a detectable as you say, its provable with a demo?

Fearsome*

2008-10-18 04:12:42

Ahh air humping I almost forgot about this, I guess its been to long since we scrimmed HCC.
It is not hard to enforce extreme air humping. Hey if you duck more then 10 times in the air you are air humping. But whatever tresh hold you set air humping at you are going to have people push the limit. IE. even if its set at duck more then once per jump you are in trouble, after a couple weeks of competition all the good players will strategically be pressing duck once while they are in the air to look jacked up. If it's 10 they will do it 9 times. Second having visited alot of killboxes I can say for sure that the vast majority of air humpers are the better / competitive guys which begs the question will they not play if they cannot do it? If you said you had a league and bunny hopping was illegal you would not see alot of the current clans join it. My point is some people view it as an advanced technique or just a fair technique. I don't know what you are going to do about it but once again I see mostly CAL players discussing it which is not what we wanted.

L2k

2008-10-18 05:04:10

Fearsome* wrote: Second having visited alot of killboxes I can say for sure that the vast majority of air humpers are the better / competitive guys
I couldn't disagree with this statement more.

I know who all of the top killbox players are atm, play with them on a regular basis and none of them do it.

Since the cal season ended I've logged some 70 hrs and 14,000 + frags in KBH alone and a uncounted amount in other killboxes, so I think I could add some input even though I do play in the regular league too.

Seagull

2008-10-18 10:36:24

"None of the other exploits have been hard to enforce, simply make it against the rules and it will enforce itself for the most part."

the other rules didn't deal with something so hard to enforce as crouching in the air

since it's already frowned upon, the majority of people won't do it, if you put a limit you'll just have the people who will do it anyway just be 1 crouch below the limit to piss others off

Shinigami

2008-10-18 18:02:45

Airhumping- Now if Air humping is to take advantage of a glitch in the game {hitbox register} and we do not allow it then we shouldn't allow the shottie glitch either, I can see massive complains in all ends. We can try to set a limit on it so it's not over used, if as Steell says it is a part of movement sometimes then we need to allow for that but if the player airhumps every time he is in battle, then that should not be allowed. I personally do not think all the good kb players do it, I do see a lot of it tho.

Velocity- I played a match yesterday with 375 gravity and no changes to the velocity and I could barely move and it fell very odd to me. I though maybe we should try setting up a test server, I could use mine, with different settings for diff days and let people try them out and take a vote, the one with the most votes gets it.

Maps, I am with Val, some maps are a MOST but the rest we need to take a vote on, personally Dominator is one of my favorite maps, so i like to see other maps get a chance besides the obvious.

Like to get the committee together on Sunday, please IM or E-mail me when Sunday be a good time for you guys if at all.

I was going to do the 1v1 and I thought about it, this season I will not be in the competition, I know how sad lol simply because I want to fully dedicate to management [ if this is to be ;) ]

Shinigami/Pomp

Nutri-Grain

2008-10-18 20:49:54

air humping looks hilarious and pisses everyone off, but it really isn't that hard to kill someone while they're doing it :/

{MaX}Fragganator

2008-10-18 22:21:41

I do not see a issue with the air humping. I have never had problems hitting people who do it. In fact I find it easier to hit someone when they do it.

Ko-Tao

2008-10-19 01:58:38

Nutri-Grain wrote:air humping looks hilarious and pisses everyone off, but it really isn't that hard to kill someone while they're doing it :/
This^

Ive been killboxing off and on since i started playing the game, and have never lost a match or had trouble landing shots on a player because they spammed crouch.

Also, more rules that, when potentially broken, require careful demo analysis or "admin judgement", really arent a good idea at all.

I dont see that CAL needs STAs habit of banning advanced techniques that offend a few select players either.

Lastly, related reading: www.sirlin.net/ptw

Fearsome*

2008-10-19 09:09:37

L2k wrote:
Fearsome* wrote: Second having visited alot of killboxes I can say for sure that the vast majority of air humpers are the better / competitive guys
I couldn't disagree with this statement more.

I know who all of the top killbox players are atm, play with them on a regular basis and none of them do it.

Since the cal season ended I've logged some 70 hrs and 14,000 + frags in KBH alone and a uncounted amount in other killboxes, so I think I could add some input even though I do play in the regular league too.
I did not say all the good players air hump. Notice the difference. Not the point I was trying to make. When you go into a server and a guy is air humping he is a decent player in relative terms. Most often he is the 2nd place guy in my experience. They are a group that people may want to consider when forging rules. As opposed to complete noobs who dont even move off the spawn you never see them air humping and wont see them in leagues. If the killboxers want to ban it they will if they don't it means they like it.

It doesnt matter how much you play KB the fact is that you are contaminated with the the ideas of a seasoned competitive players. Something about that has not worked for killbox players which is why we need to stay out. Yes my whole clan has topped TSGK servers logged hundreds of scrimmages against killbox clans, and juice and conflict and be seen playing them tons but if they vote upon league issues it will be in a direction that is more akin to the current competitive crowd rather then what the "killboxers" want. That is what needs to should be avoided. Let the killboxers forge the league on their own terms and then join it if it suits you.

Shinigami

2008-10-19 20:59:14

Airhumping- Personally, I like to allow it at least for the first season see if it is a problem in any way, it may not be. The league needs as many people to join as it can to be successful, I do not want to discourage anyone from joining. However this will be discussed by the committee when we meet tonight 8PM, EST. Hope that's a good time for everyone kinda trying to do it at night since it's a Sunday, I realize foreign committee members may not able to join, I will keep transcripts of the meeting. I will start a chat in the group at that time and whoever is available will get an invite, then I can review with our foreign committee at a better time and round up the results.

Then at some point will get together with Fearsome and Paradox to discuss the final details and hopefully open the rosters for players to enter. I think we have more than enough attention for a tentative, when people see it's a done deal with rules and settings they can check out I personally think we will get more attention.

Maps-We have a good list of maps to choose from, depending on how many we need we will use as many as suggested as long as they qualify for our needs.

Settings- Grav/velocity will have to be decided, this will be our most difficult issue imo, I am going to try to review some of the tsgk records on what kb/lg servers have and how popular they are, then see what we can work out that will be again what we start with, first season, thinking we will get it perfect is just insane. We will have to tweak more after the first season and this will be based on your feedback, important that you keep records so we can look back and see what your suggestions or problems were based on.

The success of this league will fall in every participants shoulders, we all want to see it happen lets keep and open mind and patience for things will happen, I will be happy to sit down with people once a week to discuss anything that arises once the season starts.

Thank you!

POMP

BuckyKatt

2008-10-19 21:53:46

Shinigami wrote:Airhumping- Personally, I like to allow it at least for the first season see if it is a problem in any way, it may not be. The league needs as many people to join as it can to be successful, I do not want to discourage anyone from joining.
In my experience (which like Punk's has mostly revolved around killboxes as of late) is that air humping is rather polarizing. Either people despise it or they see it as perfectly acceptable. Consequently I think what ever you decide you will discourage some people from joining. Best bet is figure out the percentages and cater to the larger group.

My own experience again shows that at least at KBH (where I have spent a lot of time recently) that air humping is discouraged by the better players. Those doing it are called out for it and either quti air humping or move on. Looking through their psycho stats I have to go outside the top 30 to find a player I know air humps. I am aware that KBH is only a small part of the low grav KB community.

To Fearsome's point, I do agree with him that this league needs to cater the traditional KB player. That said I don't personally see the harm in a player (like Punk or myself) who have been playing lots of low grav KB lately but also have experience in regular CAL providing some insight. If anything it causes the traditional low grav KB players to consider things up front that could become issues down the road.

{EE}chEmicalbuRn

2008-10-20 00:08:40

Ghost Dog_TSGK wrote:Air humping is the gayest, lamest most shittiest shit I've ever seen all my years of gaming.

It's easy to see too not that hard to enforce thanks to our glitched animations.

amen brotha

<kyle>

2008-10-20 01:31:12

air humping shouldnt be something admins should ban people for because I bet you that if this killbox league takes off there is probly going to be alot of disputes over people hitting crouch 2 or 3 times in the air by mistake and being called airhumpers.I believe that airhumping is extremely gay and should just be frowned upon just like camping is.plus is the gravity is around 400-500 airhumping really doesn't make a difference since you spend alot of time floating around.

Darkology

2008-10-20 02:07:13

Being a killbox player, I'd say that camping and air humping are not cheap, cause there's hardly any place to camp in kbh map, also its really easy to hit people who air hump.

Air humping is annoying though.

Please dont use modified air_acceleration, its just lame, any one can move fine with default air acceleration in grav as low as 400.

If people say air humping is cheap cause it is easy to do then so is air control if you have air acceleration set a lot above default.

Imo the league should have the same settings as kbh servers (63.210.145.224:27015)

I doubt pro killbox people will play if the air acceleration, friction, acceleration are set above default.

L2k

2008-10-20 06:18:04

Darkology wrote:Please dont use modified air_acceleration, its just lame, any one can move fine with default air acceleration in grav as low as 400.

If people say air humping is cheap cause it is easy to do then so is air control if you have air acceleration set a lot above default.

Imo the league should have the same settings as kbh servers (63.210.145.224:27015)

I doubt pro killbox people will play if the air acceleration, friction, acceleration are set above default.
even though my opinion dose not matter, I have to agree with this

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-20 06:48:57

Darkology wrote:I doubt pro killbox people will play if the air acceleration, friction, acceleration are set above default.
well news flash. if you're playing only at KBH you'd probably not see those settings as well as those "pro" players using it.

i agree with frowning at airhumping but not ban it out.

val

provost

2008-10-20 14:55:45

I love playing some killbox but air accel/friction kills it for me

Some people like it tho

Super Luigi

2008-10-20 15:29:57

.conflict wrote:I love playing some killbox but air accel/friction kills it for me

Some people like it tho
I sure don't =/

Ko-Tao

2008-10-20 19:04:46

.conflict wrote:I love playing some killbox but air accel/friction kills it for me

Some people like it tho
Same.

old time no.7

2008-10-20 21:04:30

i'll play what ever.
as long as the settings stay consistent through out the entire league, we'll all learn to adjust.
just don't have grav 375 one week and 450 the next.

L2k

2008-10-20 23:14:33

I will also play whatever, just because I'd like to see this happen.

I think that what moves some killbox players to like these other settings altered is that they feel it levels the playing field movement wise for them if they really never learned how to move in standard grav/settings.

Something to consider to those who will be deciding this:
this is a double edged sword as the people who really know how to move in standard grav, are going to be doing 750 + velocities thus making it even harder to hit or catch them.

Keeper

2008-10-21 00:11:04

We cannot expect all the settings to suit everybody...

But we can expect them to stay consistent the entire "season". Then we can tweak if another season is desired.

A few settings here or there will not greatly effect the killbox play ... except for air acccelerate, and I agree that should be left stock. Best to just change the gravity to suit the box and play.

Shinigami

2008-10-21 00:36:25

Well, we met last night and we tested, discussed all of it, we started looking at maps but we kind started a riot at the EYE server, so I really like to set up a server with the [tentatively] decided settings and a good choice of maps for people to try and vote for. We tested with reps of the following clans: six, stk, kbh, eye, max, and anyone we could grab to jump in an test, people who play this everyday.

Decisions are not going to be based on what anyone personally likes but what would be best for the league, we are trying to encourage NEW players to come into the league, not the old league players by adding basically just a killbox.

We will be meeting one more time on Wednesday [?], I will try to set up my server with the settings and a nice choice of maps [feeling a little under the weather so bare with me] and will post it here for everyone to try.

The most adjustment if you think about it will be for the clans and players that like very low grav, max, six, td, 5150 come to mind, but they are willing to do this to make this successful so everyone keep an open mind.

One thing I would like you guys to discuss is high pingers, we will have foreign players coming in and we expect a few high pingers, we do not want to discourage, how do we deal with this issue?

POMP

shunnyboy

2008-10-21 01:06:46

is there going to be a 1v1 section in kill box div?

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-21 01:18:27

high pingers is a non-issue imho. unless someone comes in with 400 ping anything below 200 is playable and will not affect the server or others on it.
about settings - changing only grav basically leaves only one group happy. please discuss and come to a common ground to suit EVERYONE. it's possible and everyone are up for it.

Something that i really didn't want to see is happening here - stock bunnyhoppers when playing Killbox come to play either on KBH or TSGK. now. while i hold nothing but the utmost respect to KBH and TSGK and their great maps ( and i really do !!) those bhopers are still, maybe without noticing and obviously without malice, voicing out the stock CAL society's mindset. bhoppers are in the KB commity - WTF ???

The whole diff settings issue last i read this forum stood at 'ok, we need to sit down and think how to do this...maps can be adjusted and so forth'. now, it looks as if the decision was already made and settings will not vary throughout the league. sorry, im part of this commity and i don't recall attending a meeting which decisded this.
The discussion needs to be reviewed again. bhopes obviously won't like diff settings. but this is not a league that caters for them so guys, maybe you think that posting in the line of "well, i know it wont make a difference but i think bla bla" looks like you're like you're not interfering but that's just bs,....what makes a difference is you guys coming in and filling the thread with your thoguhts, your preferences, your way of thinking. stop.
if you play LD in matches - dont sit in a KB commity. don't take part in threads related to a KB league. you want to enter the matches? - awesome and super awesome but please let this be your only participance.

So again, thank you for joining us and supporting the KB league but please move away and let this forge itself to something solid. take part. enjoy. let this league take off and try not creating what seems to be just another CAL stock league only with KB maps and diff grav. that's rediculous and this is NOT what we meant to happen.

Admins and clan reps - show some backbone and come in here to voice out your preferences or this is to be a bhopers playground. the idea was - again - to connect this part of the community with the rest and may i add, the lionshare of this community. introduce more ppl to competative gameplay and coalesce the different fractures into a one society. as yet - im not seeing anything close to it.

val

Shinigami

2008-10-21 01:38:24

Yeah shunny in fact out 1v1 looks more happening than our 3v3, I really like to get more clans in here who play this regularly, they do not come into the why regularly most of them so we need to lure them in ;)

Darkology, surprises me that an ex MaX member would want to keep things so standard, remember this is not another league for the leet to pwn, this is a league of their own!

Let's get the word out there pleaz!!!

POMP

Pos 3v3:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
8. Ownege
9. Kyle
10. Bad influence
11. Darkology
12. Fragganator
13. ShunnyBoy

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-21 01:50:50

i love the KBH settings for killboxes>>>>375

Tazzer

peace :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Keeper

2008-10-21 01:54:00

Well, again, I wouldn't play in anything over a 2v2, so if it is going to be a 3v3 then I will help in some other fashion.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-21 01:59:12

Keeper wrote:Well, again, I wouldn't play in anything over a 2v2, so if it is going to be a 3v3 then I will help in some other fashion.
i think we should have both 1v1 and either 2v2 or 3v3 (dicission will be based on popular demand i guess)
AND an A level and B level.

my reasoning is to first and foremost allow low level player compete while not closing the doors to high level players.
val

The Sparky

2008-10-21 02:45:47

Count me in. However-

I think the low gravity maps should have the gravity set at the most popular settings. IMO Gdawgg designed maps should not be set at 375. No server has them at that gravity that I'm aware of, and having a tourny at that gravity for those maps doesn't make sense. Also 1v1 is cool but I think we should do 3v3 as well. Some of the low grav maps are pretty large. There's no reason why we can't do 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 is there?

Nutri-Grain

2008-10-21 02:48:15

I'd do 1v1, and 2v2. 3v3 seems a bit too much for killbox...it'll just end up being a grav nade fest.

Keeper

2008-10-21 02:50:53

Nutri-Grain wrote:it'll just end up being a grav nade fest.
ding ding .... yup

ninojman

2008-10-21 03:46:34

don't forget to think outside the Box, in the killbox league. Doesn't have to be like stock and US based only.
Also could use the preseason so that the actual players that join the league a chance to test the different settings proposed.

scott5245

2008-10-21 04:34:20

Shinigami wrote:Yeah shunny in fact out 1v1 looks more happening than our 3v3, I really like to get more clans in here who play this regularly, they do not come into the why regularly most of them so we need to lure them in ;)

Darkology, surprises me that an ex MaX member would want to keep things so standard, remember this is not another league for the leet to pwn, this is a league of their own!

Let's get the word out there pleaz!!!

POMP

Pos 3v3:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10-

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
8. Ownege
9. Kyle
10. Bad influence
11. Darkology
12. Fragganator
13. ShunnyBoy
add me to teh 1v1 puhlease

Jelly Fox

2008-10-21 04:51:12

What will happen when no.3 has to play no.10? :shock: :shock: :shock:

kandyman

2008-10-21 06:00:52

375 is the best gravity other settings leave default

as far as the air humping goes fix the player animation and it wouldnt work no longer (cough valve)

tho i think there should be a agreement with the schedulers on what gravity to use 600 or 375 because some killboxs run well at 600 gravity like kbh_2 does, makes it a faster game w/o the float. I like both gravitys learnt to play @ kbh servers so 375 isnt strange to me

Fearsome*

2008-10-21 07:10:09

Before things get carried away. There is currently only 1 person who has contacted me about running the KB division. Their are proposals for as many as 4 divisions. I had really only expected that there would be 1 division to start. Now we are talking about A & B, teams and singles. There isn't enough evidence that can happen so decisions need to be made about where the smartest place to start is. I can venture a guess looking at the possible lists that 1v1 is pretty much dominated by CAL I only see 2 names I do not recognize that may be killbox players in 1v1. Where 3v3 looks to have a majority of killbox clans. In either one there is only enough for 1 division after the usual drop out rates. I can possibly see 2 divisions happening but not 4. If for no other reason you gotta prove that the season will start and finish with some teams. If it is to be 2 really then a choice would have to be made between singles and teams or and A & B division of one of those. Still need another admin.

Sacrifist

2008-10-21 08:18:25

Please add the Elite clan to the list Pompercakes. We likes the killbox.

The Sparky

2008-10-21 09:06:46

Keeper wrote:
Nutri-Grain wrote:it'll just end up being a grav nade fest.
ding ding .... yup

At KBH map perhaps, not at Towers or Bunker.

REDLINE007

2008-10-21 11:52:05

Hey there, I heard about this from Valar and Ill ask my Clan membs if any are interested in participating and just for the record (we always play at 125-150 grav and default airaccel) Alot of us airhump and dont see any problem with it (low grav has that perq/function). We play killbox_tower alot (great map for 3 vs 3. But no matter what you all decide (grav settings, map , players whatever.. it sounds like alot of fun and IM sure I can get atleast 3-6 of my membs to play forsure and through out the season.

(a good idea also would be to mix any clan membs with a different clans membs to make it unite more existing players together. Plus it would help with the "finding the right grav setting" problem.

Example I have in mind:

Your clan plays 400 grav always/mostly (4 membs sign up to play in league)

My clan plays at 150 grav (4 membs sign up to play in league)

leaving us 4 vs 4

team A = 2 of your membs and 2 of mine VS. team B = 2 of your membs and 2 of mine

(doesnt have to be 2 of mine 2 of yours..
could be 3 vs 3 (ex:[EYE],six,{max} vs [51/50],{FL},[TKO]...... you get the idea...

or

just sign up to the league with your team already put together and be willing to play on what ever server at whatever gravity and have some fun. See if you and your team can make it to the end and win ( would make the winning of this thing much more meaningful and fun) Well thanks for letting me post this and thanks to all of ya for working on getting this game going again. Let me know if I can help and cya all around ingame.

Shinigami

2008-10-21 12:18:57

Cool Redline, let me know as soon as you know!!

Yes, Fearsome a lot of talk is going on doesn't mean this is part of the plan, please consider this everyone is getting a say who is truly interested to play the league yet it doesn't mean that every idea is even being considered. My main concert ATM is the amount of leets trying to get in and make it theirs, which I really like to discourage. The word is getting out if you notice we are seeing more names post who are lowgrav/killbox players and I am hoping to get even more interested, at the same time I do not wish to discourage anyone. I have been spamming anyone I can think off and we shall see a little more, but they won't get in and post if they think this is just another worthless effort, I can say comfortably we have enough attention for this to get serious.

Remember also to the players also playing regular CAL, these two leagues will be playing most likely at the same time, do you have the time for both? Knowing league players most likely when the time comes you will pick the most important to you, I don't see that being this division, so please do not try to do it all.

We could do just 1v1 and 2v2 or 3v3, but if Fearsome is set on just one then personally I like to see the clan effort, because that would get MORE people involved in the long run.

Thanks!

POMP

Pos 3v3:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend [:( ]
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10- Elite

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
8. Ownege
9. Kyle
10. Bad influence
11. Darkology
12. Fragganator
13. ShunnyBoy
14. Scott

Blasphemy

2008-10-21 15:15:41

I don't see why you just don't incorporate the 1v1 we have right now with the killbox 1v1, i think the big mistake the CAL admins did in trying to get killbox players to join CAL 1v1 prior seasons, was that there was only 1 killlbox map available that i forget either ko or fear made :| and no other killbox map besides that one, anyways i just don't see why this season you let killbox players vote in some killbox maps and incorporate it into this seasons CAL 1v1.

kandyman

2008-10-21 15:34:09

Depending on when the killbox season will happen, I would like to help with some things. If it starts within the next 5 weeks then I wouldnt be able to help seeing as im working 15 to 18 hrs a day. Any time after that I'll have time to help.

Excess will definatly be able to play in the 3v3 division with no complications, Possibly could lend a server for those clans who dont have no where to play. Pretty sure most of my clan will play in the 1v1 division not sure atm till a schedule is made for this event.

-Dro

Shinigami

2008-10-21 16:45:10

Blas- This is not part of regular gravity standard settings CAL, that would be why. BUT perhaps if stock Cal would put in a division for you guys to do killbox, most of those 1v1 leets will go there ;)

Kandy- would you speak to Fearsome? Cal will start in about a month if I am correct but if no one else is willing to do admin duties we may have to work with those that do want to :)

POMP

CellarDweller

2008-10-21 17:24:11

i think fearsome's main reasoning behind one division is based on the lack of admins. if this works out for it's first season, there will be a LOT for even one admin for one division to contend with. look at all the discussion so far. that will continue throughout the season. there will be questions, disputes, complaints, suggestions...etc. pomp, you're doing great. keep it up.

fearsome, if i'm just assisting one of the divisions on the stock side this season, feel free to divide my time between stock and kb. i do play kb/lg from time to time, but know bubkis about the variable gravity/acceleration settings. still, i'm willing to assist/grow CAL in any capacity i can. use me and abuse me.

otherwise, we really need peeps to step up and commit to admin this first season.

amclint

2008-10-21 20:48:34

Count me in for 1v1 or 3v3 matches

Fearsome*

2008-10-21 22:18:36

It is both lack of admins and lack of proof of concept. I mean anyone can come in and say I am going to do something (managed plenty of rec sports teams to see tons of empty promises) But actually doing it things may be vastly different. The casualties for the 1v1 league are something like greater then 50% of players are kicked or dropped due to inactivity. So you have 13 players up there which is good but if 50% drop you have 7 players, if alot of surprise people join who do not post then thats good but either way you need to see a season completed before you boot up another division for each. Believe it or not it takes alot of time for everyone, and people need to show support on both sides of the fence. If kb players want a league we will deliver one in exchange they need to show up and play it out even if every detail is not exactly has they dreamed. Then if it works out we can talk about B divisions and other variants. We need proof in the form of a completed season that people will in fact play this before we try to run tons of leagues.

L2k

2008-10-21 23:10:09

I think you might be surprised how many people actually do sign up. I have heard alot of people talking about competing in the KB league in game just because they have not come here to post may be misleading.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-21 23:13:44

L2k wrote:I think you might be surprised how many people actually do sign up. I have heard alot of people talking about competing in the KB league in game just because they have not come here to post my be misleading.
The mere fact that Tazzer drug his ass out of the KBH server to post here (his first post ever here) is all the proof I need that this could be huge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keeper

2008-10-21 23:25:16

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, people who have been driving this part and communicating it are killbox players. And have been actively talking this up in all sorts of forums and servers. I too wouldn't be surprised if many sign up. I just hope the level of enthusiasm shown by people can be maintained until it can get started.

Shinigami

2008-10-22 00:39:28

hehhehe.. and then there are the ones that were too lazy to get in here, which I know is a bunch and yes for example some discussions are happening in Clan servers, such as MaX, no matter what I tell them they still want to talk about it there or to me in IM. We also have to consider the lurkers who are reading the forum and not signing in. :sketchy:

I AM committed [some days I think I should be] I am not going anywhere, I do realize is tons of work and my ORIGINAL thought was for first season next year, however Fearsome wanted to see some proof that we want this, this is what I am doing, can I do it alone ?... NO! :x

So, let's try this again, anyone available for THIS season, starting in 3 weeks? till the end please let Fearsome know. :mrgreen:

Thanks!

POMP

Pos 3v3:
  1. [EYE]
  2. {MaX}
  3. Hells Elite
  4. Elite
  5. [MF] or Veracity
  6. XLD
  7. Six
  8. The Defectors
  9. Xcess
  10. Amclint and Friends [SkulShock]
  11. 5150
Poss 1v1:
  1. L2K
  2. Old time no. 7
  3. Bad Influence
  4. Pure Chaos
  5. Bucky Kat
  6. Stell
  7. Snipe It
  8. Ownege
  9. Kyle
  10. Bad influence
  11. Darkology
  12. Fragganator
  13. ShunnyBoy
  14. Scott
  15. AmClint
  16. Nutrigrain
  17. The Sparky
  18. Scott
    19. Tazzer

Paradox

2008-10-22 01:39:46

Blasphemy wrote:I don't see why you just don't incorporate the 1v1 we have right now with the killbox 1v1, i think the big mistake the CAL admins did in trying to get killbox players to join CAL 1v1 prior seasons, was that there was only 1 killlbox map available that i forget either ko or fear made :| and no other killbox map besides that one, anyways i just don't see why this season you let killbox players vote in some killbox maps and incorporate it into this seasons CAL 1v1.

Because there are KB players who dont want to play stock type maps and stock players who dont want to play KB.

I believe with the popularity of KB in hl2dm, it deserves a chance at its own league with all its own maps, settings and player base.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-22 03:34:18

alright i'll gladly commit to joining the committee and helping in any way you need me :) ADMIN or whatever
(as i'm on the freaking machine at least 3-4hrs everday)

also i will participate in the 1v1 2v2 3v3.(all if need be)

however i cannot speak for my clan in backing me at all yet.
(i will however create a kb league clan myself(will know the answer to this in a day or two))

and again as for the grav>>>>375 works great on all the 20+killboxes i've personally made.
but again i can/have adjusted to all the gravs i've played in 5-10mins. so
no worries there.

Tazzer

Shinigami

2008-10-22 18:46:26

:o

:lol:

:cheer:

:thumbsup:

Talk to Fearsome on IRC pleaze! :sketchy:

POMP

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-22 22:29:10

ok i have applied where i needed to, have talked with Fearsome, Punk has taught me what i
need to know about "irc" "game surge" "cal" and has been extremely helpful in all respects
of this league,i want to publicly thank him for all his help!! very nice guy!! :wink:

ahywho we'll see what happens i suppose :D

Tazzer

Shinigami

2008-10-22 23:53:39

You get my vote for just talking to Punk.. lol kidding ;) cool.. well I am trying to get myself to make that killbox testing server.. :?

POMP

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-23 01:48:02

lmao thanks we shall see :wink:

Tazzer

Nutri-Grain

2008-10-23 03:58:19

If you're good at grav nades, bunker and towers could still easily turn into a grav nade fest with 8 people in it.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-23 04:06:27

3v3 is only 6 silly lol

Tazzer

o-dog

2008-10-23 04:10:03

bunker is basically a mag fest most of the time when I play it

Nutri-Grain

2008-10-23 04:10:51

i was still talking about the 4v4 league for KB.

I haven't been reading the other posts so if we've decided to only do 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3...awesome!

Shinigami

2008-10-23 04:40:31

Grain-There is no 4v4, so far a tentative 1v1 and 3v3.... :sketchy:

O-dog-you in or teasing? ;)

Bunker box and towers are really not what the committee looked at for Killboxes anyway, looking at closed, small simple killbox style with no transports or hidden walls, ideally.

Pos 3v3:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend [:( ]
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10- Elite

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
8. Ownege
9. Kyle
10. Bad influence
11. Darkology
12. Fragganator
13. ShunnyBoy
14. Scott
15. Ghost Dog
Thanks!

{MaX}Fragganator

2008-10-23 05:09:21

Well couple thought on my part..
This league is supposed to be for low grav players. So I do not understand why there are so many high grav people taking part and trying to give there opinion on how are settings will not work. You all have you own leagu already. Let our admins run this one our way.

I am very interested in this. However Pomp I see you want more people voicing opinions in here that are interested. I have been reading and keeping up with this just not a lot of posting. I personaly do not think 350/375 can even realy be considered low grav. But you gota understand I come from a rare clan that had grav at its lowest and air accel at its highest. O wait your in my clan so you know this LOL :lol:
Any way. I know I am not at the same level as a lot of these other cal players. But I want to learn and I want to play.
I have not posted anything about signing up. Since I have kinda been waiting to find out exactly whats going on. I do have a full time job. I am usualy home by 4:30 eastern. And while I am very interested I have no plan of takinga day off of work to play a league match. So i am interested in when/where this all takes place.
I do not have knowledge enough to be an admin of the servers. I do have knowledge enough to be a forum moderator.
I am willing to learn the admin stuff. But I figure i will when I start my own server eventualy.

Any looking forward to see where this goes.
Hoping it goes well and kicks off. Low grav players have never had a league before.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-23 05:44:20

{MaX}Fragganator wrote: This league is supposed to be for low grav players. So I do not understand why there are so many high grav people taking part and trying to give there opinion on how are settings will not work. You all have you own leagu already. Let our admins run this one our way.
The short answer is that many people play both regular grav and low grav and have a desire to compete.
{MaX}Fragganator wrote:And while I am very interested I have no plan of takinga day off of work to play a league match. So i am interested in when/where this all takes place.
No reason to take a day off. Many of us have fulltime jobs.

The way it typically works is that your have a set match time. Before that match time occurs you are required to make contact with your opponent(s) through a system called MatchComm (on the CAL site). You arrange a time to play the match that works for everyone if the default time isn't good. You have a week to get your match played before an admin comes in and marks both teams for a forfeit. In actual practice if you are showing that you are trying to work out the match then most admins let you go for much longer (I have played matches as much as four weeks late).

Typically there is a 2 week preseason, a 8 week regular season, and a 3 week post season. I believe you are scored as follows: 3 points for a win, 2 for a loss, 1 for a forfeit win, and 0 for a forfeit loss. The preseason matches don't count for place. After the 8 week season the top 8 teams based upon points play in the post season.

Traditionally in 1v1 each player picks a map. If after the 2 games you have a tie (both players each won a map) then you play a 3rd game that is on the map the admins picked for that week. In tdm you play 2 matches on the map the admins picked for that week, total the scores from both games, and the team with the largest score wins.

Of course all this could be changed for this league, but that is the way it as been done in the past for CAL.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-23 07:05:46

very informative there Bucky!

and as i said i can play any grav just prefer 350-400
most players(not used to our grav) that enter Training Grounds for instance
come in like WHOA THIS GRAV SUCKS but the ones that stay for 10mins or so
start doing pretty good pretty quick ,i know some of max clan come in our servers and do quite good :wink: any way i've got goose bumps even thinking about this whole thing lmao

cheers

Tazzer

Shinigami

2008-10-23 12:55:02

Wow Bucky you are the best... :mrgreen:

Indeed we have gotten a lot of support about the Division, unfortunately they seem to be board challenge or do not want to post, I had to go chase Ghost Dog down and he was like oH yeah count me in! I was like :woah: Maybe I should chase more people down... so I will try and others feel free to push people a little MORE.. :lol:

What is going to happen tho as I mention once the season starts a lot of the reg cal players will spend more time there since it is more intense, BUT FRAG is right, we need more low grav or killbox people to come around and post not lurk or talk to me on IM [you know y'all doing it] Ok so I am taking myself off steam for a couple of days.. I will be around plus is no secret I have health issues and the doc want's me to have complete bed rest so I do not end up in the hospital for a week [I am that much of a wimp, my trip wiped me out] Plus my finger still sliced pretty bad {way to go pomp!} either way why I mention that is more of a we do need more admins, maybe 2 full time and 1 part time? Just in case, ya never know, someone can't fully be there for a lil bit.

Oh I wanted to mention for those that don't know, if your clan doesn't want to participate, get a a couple of buddies and make up a team!! You can come up with a silly name and sign up, best to have more than 2 buddies back you up tho for the season. I am considering doing this for Team Veracity [shamless plug] so anyone who doesn't have a clan or a team, feel free to talk to me or o-dog, that's what we do! :wink:

POMP

badinfluence

2008-10-23 17:31:59

{MaX}Fragganator wrote:Well couple thought on my part..
This league is supposed to be for low grav players. So I do not understand why there are so many high grav people taking part and trying to give there opinion on how are settings will not work. You all have you own leagu already. Let our admins run this one our way.
The only reason high grav people are taking part is because, from what I've seen on this forum, you guys aren't participating very much.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-23 18:17:07

hey Pomp gots a question???

can admins actively play in the league?

Keep and i were just discussing this :oops:

let me know please thanks in advance!

Tazzer

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-23 18:32:13

Shinigami wrote:.. well I am trying to get myself to make that killbox testing server.. :?
POMP [/color]
just let me know a day notice and i will set my US server (10 slots) for this with the settings you tell me.
badinfluence wrote:The only reason high grav people are taking part is because, from what I've seen on this forum, you guys aren't participating very much.
bs there are enough KBers in here for the discussion. most of the posts in this thread from high grav are redundant in fact and belong in the cafeteria. <3
BuckyKatt wrote: The way it typically works is that your have a set match time. Before that match time occurs you are required to make contact with your opponent(s) through a system called MatchComm (on the CAL site). You arrange a time to play the match that works for everyone if the default time isn't good. You have a week to get your match played before an admin comes in and marks both teams for a forfeit. In actual practice if you are showing that you are trying to work out the match then most admins let you go for much longer (I have played matches as much as four weeks late).

Typically there is a 2 week preseason, a 8 week regular season, and a 3 week post season. I believe you are scored as follows: 3 points for a win, 2 for a loss, 1 for a forfeit win, and 0 for a forfeit loss. The preseason matches don't count for place. After the 8 week season the top 8 teams based upon points play in the post season.

Traditionally in 1v1 each player picks a map. If after the 2 games you have a tie (both players each won a map) then you play a 3rd game that is on the map the admins picked for that week. In tdm you play 2 matches on the map the admins picked for that week, total the scores from both games, and the team with the largest score wins.

Of course all this could be changed for this league, but that is the way it as been done in the past for CAL.
Thanks for info. that's very helpful.

val

BuckyKatt

2008-10-23 18:58:31

[KBH]Tazzer wrote:hey Pomp gots a question???

This league could obviously have different rules than standard CAL but the answer from standard CAL is a definite "Yes, admins can play." Indeed I believe every standard CAL admin plays in the league (1v1, 2v2, 4v4) they are representing. The beauty of the system is that there are people above them to help resolve disputes that involve them.

Shinigami

2008-10-23 19:16:42

Awesome Bucky [Put's a BIG YELLOW star on Bucky's forehead :lol: ]

Val, how bout if we resume our map testing Sunday, let's start a list of maps make sure we have them all available for people to inspect, same time 8PM EST? Please let us know IP as soon as you know thank you! :mrgreen:

Did we decide if we want arenas? for 1v1? :|

Tazzer let me add you to the committee, we will doing an overview of the stuff we are ready to present to Mr Fearsome, Bucky you want in as well? :lol:

MAPS-
Some suggested, some I am suggesting, some I missed, feel free to add..

dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
dm_Valar
dm_killbox_kbh2
dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
dm_domebox_tsgk
dm_killbox_or_be_killed_final
dm_killbox_eye3
dm_killbox_dominator
dm_[tsf]_scottish_memorial_b3
dm_killbox_mover_kbh_b2
dm_bloodsuckers_arena
dm_killbox_native02_tko
dm_killsphere_v8

L2k

2008-10-23 20:03:51

maplist is looking really good, dont forget you will have to narrow it down to 8 though.

Keeper

2008-10-23 20:14:08

Mover needs to be changed. It is a great 1v1 map on the bottom. But spawning upstairs is teh suck.

[KBH]AuntJemina

2008-10-23 20:45:33

I think Stock g could be a good 1v1 map, not quite as tall as kbh2, would prolly play a good bit faster. as far as airhumping goes I think anything that isn't a hack or a script should be legal cause a lot of guys have been playing with it for so long, same goes with grav jumpin etc etc. would make everything a bit more exciting. I'm also concerned about when these matches would be taken place. Definetely sounds fun I hope kbh can get the numbers up to compete.

Fearsome*

2008-10-23 21:12:10

[KBH]Tazzer wrote:hey Pomp gots a question???

let me know please thanks in advance!

Tazzer

Yes you can the issue with playing in the league is that people are worried about corruption which is a fair point but I personally believe the best admins are active players and it will be hard to hold someones attention when they are working for free if they are not participating. If you are there in the league you will pay more attention to it. And that is the better way to go from my experience.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-23 21:16:22

Shinigami wrote:Tazzer let me add you to the committee, we will doing an overview of the stuff we are ready to present to Mr Fearsome, Bucky you want in as well? :lol:
Sure. I am more than happy to help.
L2k wrote:maplist is looking really good, dont forget you will have to narrow it down to 8 though.
Yes... again giving a historical perspective. You pick 8 maps. Those maps are played during the regular season. The two of those 8 that are uncommon or unfamiliar are also played in preseason to give people a chance to become familiar with them before it counts in regular season. For post season 3 of those 8 maps are chosen. Often these are the most familiar or the ones that have "defined" the style of play. A good example of this in stock is dm_lockdown (or its derivatives). It almost always shows up as the championship map.

Keeper

2008-10-23 21:21:01

Moved to the new forum for the KB league talk.

Shinigami

2008-10-23 22:41:10

Thank you keeper... :D Booo on mover and yeah I agree on the top camping.. can't even spawn sometimes, was just a fav ;)

Ok.. lessee.. Yes Maplist is basically what people posted and some we discussed, although I could not remember the name of one Steell showed us, we can test, play on it with the settings we are considering and decided on a final maplist. :)

Val will set that for us yay Val.. :mrgreen:

I like to participate even if I admin, I am with Fearsome, if it ever becomes a problem or a questions then that can be addressed at that time, I was thinking of only doing the 3v3 with team veracity.

Best way for KBH to keep the numbers is round up as many people who would like to participate for the clan and have them as back up, Aunt Jemima, that way you always have coverage. :wink:

Keeper

2008-10-23 22:47:35

I can easily remove the top part and recompile that map. Just let me know if you want me to or not ;)

So is 2v2 totally out of the running?

L2k

2008-10-23 23:32:22

Yeah Im wondering about 2v2 as well, if you do have it You can count team Fusion in.

Shinigami

2008-10-23 23:36:55

Well.. no.. but we can't have all, originally Mr Fearsome only wanted 1 and after the reaction we started to discuss all of them. My feeling for 3v3 and why I am pushing it, is more teamwork for a clan, I personally would like to see that but let's hear your comments on that please!

Keeper would it be too much work, be interesting to see how it plays ;)

badinfluence

2008-10-24 03:36:26

Uhhhh. I think there is no teamplay whatsoever in a killbox anyways. I guess it does add more to the feel of killbox, but I think it'd be too crowded.

Walking Target

2008-10-24 03:39:21

There can be teamplay in killbox just like stock g maps:

mp_teamplay 1

That turns it on. :D

badinfluence

2008-10-24 03:40:20

Oh, boy, WT, you are so clever. You get me every time!

Keeper

2008-10-24 04:17:22

I'd slap my knee, but I'd probably drop my laptop :lol:

That's why i'm not for 3v3. 2v2 can help out if you are up against some strong individuals. At the same time I hate 1v1s, so i pull for 2v2.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-24 04:27:49

1v1 2v2 3v3 all sound good to me i've done all
and i fail to see the big dif?

if you can give a me the dif without to much trouble i would love to hear peeps
reasons for liking/disliking any of the above mentioned??

please?

Tazzer

Shinigami

2008-10-24 06:50:18

Well yes me too... what if we only had 2v2? :sketchy:

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-24 07:36:15

also i just thought of something, from playing in clan matches
previously...the confounded suit/uniforms is there a need for discussion?

when you play ffa's 99% of the time its simple but when you have to follow
the little head thingy stating"friend"-"enemy" i've witnessed many peeps being confused
(ok me included)to the point of just being confused all to h3ell and failing miserably :oops:

so i thought i would just put it out there before we get started.

opinions?

Tazzer

BuckyKatt

2008-10-24 07:48:09

[KBH]Tazzer wrote:also i just thought of something, from playing in clan matches
previously...the confounded suit/uniforms is there a need for discussion?
Not really. :)

For 1v1 you run the match as a dm match. Each person can pick their model (combine or rebel).

For 2v2 and up you run the match as a tdm match. Each team is expected to have a server that is available to run matches on. The team listed as home gets to play on their server first. They play as combine and the away team plays as rebel. For the second game you move to the away teams server. The away team plays combine and the home team plays as rebels.

Doing it this way each team plays rebels once and combine once and you get "home court advantage" once.

In practice a lot of time both matches are played on the same server if everyone's pings are pretty much equal. Then you just switch models between games.

All matches are played on sv_pure 2 servers so only the default models are allowed (no bright skins and such).

You are expected to take screen shots of the status command in console as well as the sv_pure of the server. You also take screen shots of your opponents. This serves as proof that everything was set up according to the rules.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-24 08:29:20

thanks again Bucky you da man!! :D

Tazzer

badinfluence

2008-10-24 17:45:20

I thought you take screenshots of your opponents to show that you do not have any bright models.

L2k

2008-10-24 18:36:37

You are also supposed to screenshot the console to show server pure status as well as the steam ids ect.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-24 18:45:59

BuckyKatt wrote:All matches are played on sv_pure 2 servers so only the default models are allowed (no bright skins and such).

You are expected to take screen shots of the status command in console as well as the sv_pure of the server. You also take screen shots of your opponents. This serves as proof that everything was set up according to the rules.
badinfluence wrote:I thought you take screenshots of your opponents to show that you do not have any bright models.
L2k wrote:You are also supposed to screenshot the console to show server pure status as well as the steam ids ect.
LOL?

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-24 18:55:12

in case where there is shortage of admins for this league i suggest we start with a 2v2. this will bring the most participants to the league and help it kick off.
eventhough the nice discussion and interest this seems to bring i still believe we should play safe and move slow.
...then, given the success (?) of the first season we can learn from mistakes, expand, etc...

val

Shinigami

2008-10-24 19:16:22

I agree with Val, looks like we may not have enough admins for season 1, we will be discussing all of this at our testing of Maps at Val's server 8pm EST SUNDAY, but let's hear it... how many for 2v2 VS 1v1,3v3?

L2k

2008-10-24 19:51:49

[EYE] Valar wrote:in case where there is shortage of admins for this league i suggest we start with a 2v2. this will bring the most participants to the league and help it kick off.
eventhough the nice discussion and interest this seems to bring i still believe we should play safe and move slow.
...then, given the success (?) of the first season we can learn from mistakes, expand, etc...

val
I think you definitely need to have 1v1, a large percentage of the interest has been for 1v1.
when it comes to anything other than 1v1 be it 2v2 or 3v3 I think just one of those would be fine and you really only need one admin per division to get it going.

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-24 20:56:16

I also agree that 1v1 is absolutely necessary, considering the majority of the interest has been in that. I don't prefer 3v3 over 2v2 so if you wanted to do 2v2 I won't complain, so long that there is still 1v1.

Keeper

2008-10-24 21:55:52

Agreed 1v1 a must, 2v2 or 3v3 doesn't matter. I personally prefer 2v2, but I think whatever we decide will work. We won't need 2v2 AND 3v3.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-24 23:20:32

most def on the 1v1.

so 2v2 or 3v3 :lol:

everyone pick one and we'll tally up?

Tazzer

badinfluence

2008-10-24 23:40:49

1v1 is needed.

I rather do 2v2.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-25 00:06:45

badinfluence wrote:1v1 is needed.

I rather do 2v2.

L2k

2008-10-25 00:12:44

in Killbox league I would like to participate in:

1v1
2v2

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-25 02:59:44

3 to 0 so far.

2v2

Tazzer

Shinigami

2008-10-25 03:24:10

Ok, listen up, Tazzer is going to be leading this effort from now on, too much drama around me is not good for the league and believe it or not I care about the league being successful, so I am stepping down a little. I will still be here and with Bucky's help we should be able to get this done.

Thanks!

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-25 04:43:47

thanks!! is this official from Fearsome?
and "irc" is up and running if someone needs to reach me!

i'll wait to hear a response (before pisssing myself j/k)

Tazzer

Shinigami

2008-10-25 04:52:49

Official, official?? well.. we discussed it, as official as that! I just think that overall the league may best be served by less drama, I seem to attract it so I do not want the league to suffer. You are very well like Tazzer by the very community we hope to inspire, you will have Bucky and I assisting you in any way we can.

We need to have our testing on Sunday of settings and Maps and then we should move onto details, regulations, rules and so forth, Hopefully soon after that if all meets official approval we can open the rosters up for everyone to sign up.

keep up the good work :mrgreen:

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-25 05:33:35

this league running only 1v1 division will be dominated by high grav players. it will NOT open the door for new ppl and will NOT make our atempt of ever merging the different fractions of this community a reality. the killbox league was not meant as pwnage playgound for bunnyhoppers. period.
the whole point is being missed. again.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-25 06:10:12

[EYE] Valar wrote:this league running only 1v1 division will be dominated by high grav players. it will NOT open the door for new ppl and will NOT make our atempt of ever merging the different fractions of this community a reality. the killbox league was not meant as pwnage playgound for bunnyhoppers. period.
You keep making this point. I suspect what you will find is that if the leet players who bunnyhop decide that they want to play the lg kb league that there will be little you can do to stop them from dominating (whether you make it 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 and irrespective of the gravity you set). Put simply, and this is key, for most of those players it isn't a mastery of a single style of play (regular grav stock) but rather mastery of the game itself. Further they have many seasons of league play under their belt so they are already experienced in playing as a cohesive unit. The real question is whether the standard grav guys are going to be willing to play an entire season of low grav killbox. My own guess is that the majority of them will not.

Shinigami

2008-10-25 06:15:00

To clarify I am not LEAVING, I am taking step back, Tazzer will be the front man, he is cuter ;)
NO decision has been made on running just 1v1, I think we would be best served still by 1v1 and a secondary, sounds like 2v2 is the option.

But I will be right here 100% ftw!, so relax :)

POMP

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-25 07:06:04

BuckyKatt wrote:
[EYE] Valar wrote:this league running only 1v1 division will be dominated by high grav players. it will NOT open the door for new ppl and will NOT make our atempt of ever merging the different fractions of this community a reality. the killbox league was not meant as pwnage playgound for bunnyhoppers. period.
You keep making this point. I suspect what you will find is that if the leet players who bunnyhop decide that they want to play the lg kb league that there will be little you can do to stop them from dominating (whether you make it 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 and irrespective of the gravity you set). Put simply, and this is key, for most of those players it isn't a mastery of a single style of play (regular grav stock) but rather mastery of the game itself. Further they have many seasons of league play under their belt so they are already experienced in playing as a cohesive unit. The real question is whether the standard grav guys are going to be willing to play an entire season of low grav killbox. My own guess is that the majority of them will not.
it does not answer the problem. in fact, it has little if anything to do with the problem.
i am not tring to keep the so called leets away from the league. no one is. i, we are trying to see a league that is for killboxers. made by killboxers. desigened for killboxers.
whether high grav players are seasoned in league play or not or if they know how to play as a cohesive unit has absolutely nothing to do with what we are doing here.

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-25 07:47:31

Shinigami wrote:To clarify I am not LEAVING, I am taking step back, Tazzer will be the front man, he is cuter ;)POMP

well thank you :oops: :lol:

[EYE] Valar wrote:this league running only 1v1 division
its not its 1v1 and 2v2/3v3 :wink:
[EYE] Valar wrote: will be dominated by high grav players. it will NOT open the door for new ppl and will NOT make our atempt of ever merging the different fractions of this community a reality. the killbox league was not meant as pwnage playgound for bunnyhoppers. period.

so you are saying that running a grav around 375-400 will ruin all?

just curious :wink:

Tazzer

Paradox

2008-10-25 08:36:16

Ok lets get this point straight, NORMAL Gravity is 600 (some say 800). Therefore LOW gravity is anything less than 600, its just a matter of degree. 350-475 is low gravity, 150 is low gravity (maybe ultra low would be a better term).

Valar, Fearsome has much the same concern as you and I have to agree. It is imperitive that the league is designed by members of the KILLBOX community, not people who, although they may play KB from time to time, spend most of their time in stock settings. So please, stock players, refrain from input. This is not to say that you have nothing valuable to contribute, but the point is that we want this to appeal to the KB community, we dont want the stock settings community putting their particular spin on it, plain and simple. That said there are some general rules in CAL that will apply to this league the same as the others. What you do for maps and server settings (gravity, acceleration, etc) is up to the people designing the league and therein lies your ability to make it appealing to those you wish to attract.

It might be a concern to see mostly stock players interested in the 1v1 because it may drive the very people we are trying to make this league for away and if that happens it will most likely fail. However, I dont know how fair it would be to restrict people from participating simply because they play mostly stock settings. On the other hand, it might serve to unite the game community Valar, simply because some of them will be playing together for the first time.

Fearsome*

2008-10-25 09:04:46

Well you could make a whacky rule like anyone playing in any other CAL league cannot compete in the killbox league. Not sure I would agree with that. But realistically what can you do create a protectionism league (nations cup)? Even in CS which has many leagues main, open, invite, premier, ultra super duper, you still have teams that go into the open league and clean up. You can't stop good players from dominating. But what you can do is get enough players and teams to play, there are those nasty matches but there are lots of good ones too. As with all league play there is going to be domination, and some of it will be killbox clans dominating other killbox clans and they wont feel any better about it. The good news is if people are harassing or being unsportsman like they can be suspended.

From admining CAL for a long time I have seen matches I thought decently close, 2v2s within 20 points and one team still makes a cheat dispute and then leaves the league. So what I am saying is that some people just cant handle losing thats all and nothing you do will change that it is their personality. The way cal scheduling works teams are pitted against each other based on their rank. So better teams should move up and play other better teams and most matches should quickly get good. But in order for that to work a range of skill levels have to show up and play if teams take off on the first loss it will not work. If only 2 kb clans join and stay then you will only get 1 match vs another kb clan. If you come in with an open mind everyone will learn something and become better players and each group may learn to respect the other a little more.

BuckyKatt

2008-10-25 10:04:50

[EYE] Valar wrote:i, we are trying to see a league that is for killboxers. made by killboxers. desigened for killboxers.
On this we agree. I would really like to see more killboxers participating here in this conversation.

Sorry if I misunderstood your point. It seemed to me that your main complaint was on the potential for the standard grav players to come in and dominate. I feel that some degree of that is inevitable and, baring a rule like fearsome mentioned, largely unstoppable.

Incidentally, I would not be in favor of such a rule... but that is because I would like to participate in both standard and lg kb 1v1.

Super Luigi

2008-10-25 10:10:46

BuckyKatt wrote:Incidentally, I would not be in favor of such a rule... but that is because I would like to participate in both standard and lg kb 1v1.
same here

L2k

2008-10-25 10:18:57

The whole idea of a league is to play to win, in every league there are going to be players and teams that stand out over the others. In the regular hl2dm divisions this is true, yet teams that have hardly won come back usually and try again and they keep playing and they improve, Killbox won't really be any different. If you are a killbox only or a stock only or a person who just likes to play all aspects of hl2dm it does not matter, there will always be those who have devoted more time and effort into becoming a better player and its just the way it is.

Also I dont really see what all the worry is about regular stock grav players coming into play the killbox, because I can say for sure that if KBH Punisher or Xs Redeyes or Xs MOP (just to name a few KB only guys) come and sign up they will likely dominate the leet stock player as well as the Killbox only players so we should just get away from this whole topic as it is not valid.

The idea is to have fun, be competitive, learn and improve for the average player, then come back and try to do better.

One more point I would like to make is that there are some players like me who started out playing only Killbox, moved into standard grav, learned the advanced movement and such, got into competitive play and yet still play killbox on a regular basis. So just because we sometimes play out of the box does not make us any less important in the grand scheme of things, it just means that we enjoy all aspects of hl2dm mp and want to compete in various types of the game, and our opinions and inputs should not be automatically disregarded.

Shinigami

2008-10-25 16:35:39

I would like to see:
*No rule to keep leets out, they will pick the division they play best in, some will realize they have no time for kb.
*Discourage air humping but do not rule it out.
*1v1 and 2v2
*The settings we were thinking on 350 grav and 50 air_velocity, was a good medium ground.
*A combination of old style Killboxes and some Newer ones to keep it interesting.

We should chase some kb/lg people to get their butts in here I am going as far as telling people i am signing them up since they are too lazy to come in, so...

Pos 2v2:
1- [EYE]
2- {MaX}
3- Hells Elite
4- Keeper and a friend
5- [MF] or Veracity
6- XLD
7- Six
8-The Defectors
9- Xcess
10- Elite
11. DOW
12. BOSS
13. KBH

Poss 1v1:
1. L2K
2. Old time no. 7
3. Bad Influence
4. Pure Chaos
5. Bucky Kat
6. Stell
7. Snipe It
8. Ownege
9. Kyle
10. Bad influence
11. Darkology
12. Fragganator
13. ShunnyBoy
14. Scott
15. Ghost Dog
16. Super Luigi
17. GUN
18. Tazzer ;)

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-25 17:11:40

Ok i'll try and clarify this for the last time. This is a simple point and yet it keeps coming across the wrong way here for some reason;

NO ONE - including myself and the Dalai Lama is trying to prevent anyone from playing. They can be high grav, low self esteem, mid west or cross-dressing. Period and get over it. Everyone can play the killbox league. So yay.

Now, we ARE concerned, knowing how far apart killboxers and high grav players are FOR THE MOST PART (And please save the “after a 1v1 I went to pub on KBH and it was w0Ot” lost stories lol. its getting old and we got the idea :mrgreen: ) and how in general low grav and many other people playing HL2DM shy CAL - we want to create call it a safe environment, a greenhouse for them to come in to,,,....play a first season. Enjoy. Meet some new people. Mingle,. . . .get the idea? . ...

All this thread was intended for was to make a decision about which fricking GRAVITY to use in the Killbox League. Look and see the many pointless and useless posts one has to dig through to get to the point of the whole thread.
Please redirect your amazingly sharp minds and uncontrollable sense of disgust towards your current favorite someone-to-hate over to the cafeteria.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so this thread if anything already crystallized one thing for sure - sv_gravity 375
Thank god. Next.
We shall have a committee meeting on Sunday where we will try and test out the different air and accelerate settings and see how we can make all this work.
Also we will look at some other maps and we want to come up with a solid map list. Hopefully all by end of next week. That will be sweet.

KB Admins - Please try to ignore and move away from interferences what and whoever they might be and stick to the subject.
(hint, not giving a toss about who likes you might help. some threads left unanswered sometimes does the job much better in a crowd of haters.)

val

Shinigami

2008-10-25 18:49:26

I am leaving it alone dammit, this is the only thread I am reading now!! :sketchy:

350 grav with 50 air accelerate is what we came up with at the committee, after some testing, this would make the low grav people happy, the KB people will be fine with and it will discourage the leet Dalai Lama from trying to PWN us, can we test those setting please on Sunday, we can always adjust as more input is giving on the tests

Poor_Billy

2008-10-25 19:24:04

Shinigami wrote: and it will discourage the leet Dalai Lama from trying to PWN us
i'm definatly playing in it now.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-25 20:57:28

Shinigami wrote:can we test those setting please on Sunday

yes

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-25 21:33:53

This league is not intended to be slightly different from the standard league. It's an entirely different league which is being designed for an entirely different style of play. We are not discouraging anyone from playing, but if you want to play you will have to accept the settings chosen for the league. If you dislike it, then there's another perfectly functional league with settings you may like more.

Here is what we have waiting to be set in stone after a final test:
sv_gravity 350
sv_airaccellerate 50
Everything else STOCK

These settings allow moderate movement in the air with the gravity set as low as it is. Some people have been commenting on how low is low gravity. 300 is half of the game's stock gravity of 600, so if any gravity is to be considered low, it would be around there, perhaps in the 300-450 range. Anything higher than that is just lowER gravity. The change would not be distinct enough to warrant its own league and attract the new players which this league was created for.

To the "leet" cal regulars: you guys already have a league, and as such this league will not be tending to your wishes. 2 cents and opinions are fine, but in the long run we will not be picking settings simply because x many cal regulars want them; they will be chosen for the intended audience of the league. Right now, those settings are the ones listed above.

There you go Pomp, I said it so you didn't have to. And apologies to those of you who have been arguing this all along.

Da1

2008-10-25 21:40:17

So you are saying leets cant play in this league??? I dont get it.

Paradox

2008-10-25 21:47:55

No they arent saying that. They are saying that they want to make this league appeal to killbox players first and foremost. They dont want people from the stock community trying to impose their own settings on this new league. If it just turns out to the the KB version of the current divisions, it wont do what they are trying to do: Get new people from the KB community involved with the DMU and CAL communities so that we can develop some kind of solidarity among us and make the game as a whole stronger.

<kyle>

2008-10-25 21:49:18

Da1 wrote:So you are saying leets cant play in this league??? I dont get it.
he be scurred

Shinigami

2008-10-25 21:50:22

No we didn't say that, they can if they wish, considering that reg cal season will be going on at the same time, and warzone [right?] can they be there full force for all? What we have had is a lot of talk about why do we need to change settings and so on, and well Steell said why and he can say it much better than I can.

Ty Valar, we will be trying the settings mentioned then on Sunday 8pm est, please this is only open those that are participating in this league.

Any more map suggestions? I was just at TKO server and they have a lot of good maps, trying to lure them in here so go check them out see if any would be good for the league.

TY

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-25 22:33:37

Here is what we have waiting to be set in stone after a final test:
sv_gravity 350
sv_airaccellerate 50
Everything else STOCK
not quite. we never decide about sv_accelerate and sv_friction
we should do this on Sunday.

and thanks for backing up the need from a pure KB discussion. i hope we can now move on without the spamage.

val

Shinigami

2008-10-25 23:22:33

true, we can test as we have and the decide if we need further changes, I wen to random server last night and was flying around but I realize thats not for everyone so we all test it and get a consensus going.

Ty VAL !~

:mrgreen:

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-25 23:27:38

sunday at 8pm i
ll be there! this is in your server right Val?

Tazzer

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-25 23:30:00

yeah man. ip: 8.2.120.232:27015
pswd will be given via Friends

val

Shinigami

2008-10-26 00:27:25

Cool ;)

Zman42

2008-10-26 00:43:53

so what is a leet anyway? do they grow on trees or in the ground?

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-26 00:44:36

thanks for the server use!

Tazzer

Paradox

2008-10-26 01:07:26

Zman42 wrote:
so what is a leet anyway? do they grow on trees or in the ground?

No Zman I belive thats a Leek and they grow in the ground.

Shinigami

2008-10-26 02:01:49

They make great soup with potatoes .. :mrgreen: HEY! stop trying to derail the process... :sketchy:

Paradox

2008-10-26 02:48:29

LOL sorry I just couldnt resist.... :twisted:

Shinigami

2008-10-26 20:04:38

K tonight everyone who would like to test the settings and who IS participating is welcome to join us 8 PM EST at Vals server, pass will be given out tonight. This is it guys, after this decisions will be rendered about what seetings we are bringing forth.

See yaz!

Keeper

2008-10-26 20:24:31

Will try to be there. Might be more like 8:30 ... depending on the little one that I'm in charge of throwing in bed.

Shinigami

2008-10-26 22:30:48

:o Don't throw it... use your grav gun! :lol:

Keeper

2008-10-26 22:36:28

Wanted to ask....

Can somebody be on two teams? Is that a possibility? I don't mean primary player on both teams, maybe even a backup on both teams.

Or is this against the rules normally?

L2k

2008-10-26 22:39:46

against the rules

Keeper

2008-10-27 00:04:05

rgr

CellarDweller

2008-10-27 00:13:13

Keeper wrote:Wanted to ask....

Can somebody be on two teams? Is that a possibility? I don't mean primary player on both teams, maybe even a backup on both teams.

Or is this against the rules normally?
2 teams in same division is a no no.

on a team in 1v and another team in 2v (ect) is ok.

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-27 02:42:33

[EYE] Valar wrote:yeah man. ip: 8.2.120.232:27015
pswd will be given via Friends

val

Committee meeting changed to 8:30 pm est

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-27 03:00:59

ok,i was just headed that way lmao!!

Tazzer

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-27 06:15:25

ok we started testing tonight and made a little head way :wink:

we are going to be running the maps we have in mind on a few dif servers.

training grounds will have 5 of them 63.210.145.224

not sure on the rest....Keeper you fell asleep with the
little one dint you?

Tazzer

[EYE] Valar

2008-10-27 06:22:45

Okay. we've got the tentative (FOR NOW!!!) maps on
server ip: 8.2.120.232:27015 [EYE]
server name: ~CAL Killbox League Committee Maps~

maps list:

dm_[tsf]_scottish_memorial_b4
dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
dm_killbox_kbh_2
dm_valar
dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
dm_gfys_
dm_domebox_tsgk
dm_kbi
dm_killbox_mover_kbh_b2
dm_bloodsuckers_arena
dm_killbox_eye1
dm_killsphere_v8
dm_killbox_dominator

any suggestions from Killboxers are welcome. post here, pm me here or in steam or pomp or to tazzer.

Thanks to everyone who came in and spent the time and energy for this. real group effort which is very nice.

val

kandyman

2008-10-27 13:58:45

Everything seems perfect atm, maps, settings, etc. Hopefully everybody else will think so too. Peace :)

old time no.7

2008-10-27 16:35:51

[EYE] Valar wrote:any suggestions from Killboxers are welcome.
WT or someone can you please put the maps in a 'mappack' for dl somewhere?
just a suggestion to make it easier for all invoice, and me too! :)
i have only played 5 of the above maps and would like to get a little farmiliar with the rest.

thanks

badinfluence

2008-10-27 17:03:00

[EYE] Valar wrote:Okay. we've got the tentative (FOR NOW!!!) maps on
server ip: 8.2.120.232:27015 [EYE]
server name: ~CAL Killbox League Committee Maps~

maps list:

dm_[tsf]_scottish_memorial_b4
dm_donutbox_tsgk_rc4
dm_killbox_kbh_2
dm_valar
dm_killbox_tsgk_v8_rc3
dm_gfys_
dm_domebox_tsgk
dm_kbi
dm_killbox_mover_kbh_b2
dm_bloodsuckers_arena
dm_killbox_eye1
dm_killsphere_v8
dm_killbox_dominator

any suggestions from Killboxers are welcome. post here, pm me here or in steam or pomp or to tazzer.

Thanks to everyone who came in and spent the time and energy for this. real group effort which is very nice.

val
I believe only 8 can be chosen.

Shinigami

2008-10-27 17:34:02

Yes, we are aware only 8 can be chosen, we are going for 10 to have backups in case we find a map does somethign weird mid way. That is not the finalized list so WT not yet, we r testing some more until Wednesday and then we shall finalize it, Tazzer was laggy altho tbh it was just Tazzer.. but we wanted to make sure.. Also Mover is being edited to remove the top part and the moving banner, just in case it causes lag, ty KEEPER! Otherwise we are looking real good!!!! :mrgreen:

Super Luigi

2008-10-27 17:44:36

u may have already posted this but i didnt see it, is the players/teams in the league gunan be able tyo vote out of those maps for the 8?

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-27 18:16:39

we as the committee will chose everything we feel the majority likes the most :wink:

Tazzer

Super Luigi

2008-10-27 18:33:51

ahh ok i see

{MaX}Steell

2008-10-27 22:13:25

For those of you interested, the settings we have decided on are:

sv_gravity 350
sv_airaccellerate 50
sv_accellerate 20
sv_friction 3

Everything else will be kept stock. These settings are 99% in stone and, as such, will probably not change.

Paradox

2008-10-27 22:47:24

Congrats to the group for coming to a consensus. :D

BuckyKatt

2008-10-27 23:18:31

I took the existing CAL configs (1v1 and team) and modified them for these settings.

You can get them here:

http://www.hellselite.net/bucky/cal_lgkb_config.zip

For all you mani admins out there... keep in mind that plugins are not allowed in CAL. Consequently these configs contain a plugin_pause_all command. After one of these configs is run you will no longer be able to admin via mani (or any other plugin). Rcon will be your only real option. I also can not remember if a map change re-enables plugins so it may be smart to add a plugin_unpause_all command to your server.cfg file.

Shinigami

2008-10-27 23:49:25

We did well.. YAY! :mrgreen: but we still have to finalize the maplist, and test it on other servers in diff areas of the states to see how they do, we are thorough! :thumbsup: Those settings worked the best after much testing and are best for movement in the air so you are not a sitting duck. Low gravity players know this but just dropping the gravity will make it hard to move if other settings are not 'tweaked' a little.

Ok last call for good maps, we are working on those last 5 to get some variety..

Keeper

2008-10-28 00:06:50

BuckyKatt wrote:... keep in mind that plugins are not allowed in CAL.
boo

:cry: :cry: :cry:

L2k

2008-10-28 00:10:38

{MaX}Steell wrote:For those of you interested, the settings we have decided on are:

sv_gravity 350
sv_airaccellerate 50
sv_accellerate 20
sv_friction 3

Everything else will be kept stock. These settings are 99% in stone and, as such, will probably not change.
Weeeeee!

Did you guys check to see what kind of speeds that is going to make possible?

In just a quick check on kbh 2 I was doing average 725 velocities on the floor and 1500 in the air and that seems kinda fast to me, but if its what the community wants, ok. People not used to those kinds of speeds may have trouble registering shots on players moving that fast. Oh also I don't consider myself a real fast mover either just average so some other people I know will be much faster than that.

Fearsome*

2008-10-28 00:40:24

You got a whole forum for yourself break into into different threads.

Shinigami

2008-10-28 00:53:18

We are a tight group :wink:

Ok, yes if you are not used to it the movement may seem fast at first, like anything else after you have played it for a bit you will love it. Remember those settings are designed for movement in the air as well, you will have to adjust a little bit for ground movement so you can start gaining air movement. You will need to practice which i strongly recommend anyway, if you think oh hell I will just show up the day of, think again. remember NO PLUGINS mean no spawn protection, so if you never played Cal, you are for a rude awakening as you have to move real fast from your spawn area to be able to stay alive. time will fly by, no chance to "warm up" or get your game on... you need to be fast and furious right off the bat! FUN!!!

[KBH]Tazzer

2008-10-28 01:48:03

Shinigami wrote:We are a tight group :wink:
if you think oh hell I will just show up the day of, think again. remember NO PLUGINS mean no spawn protection, so if you never played Cal, you are for a rude awakening as you have to move real fast from your spawn area to be able to stay alive. time will fly by, no chance to "warm up" or get your game on... you need to be fast and furious right off the bat! FUN!!!

yeah that is the way it is in our server so those of you who "have" played our server
know this :wink: but we have peeps come in all the time saying "hey i just spawned"
and i have to go into the spiel "well you must move quickly then as there is no spawn
protection and we just kill the first person we see makes no dif where you are standing"

my kinda battle!! :lol:

Tazzer

Keeper

2008-10-28 01:53:15

Fearsome* wrote:You got a whole forum for yourself break into into different threads.
NO WE WILL MAKE TEH UBER THREAD AND PWN ALL OTHER FORUMS!!!!

Seriously, we should start breaking this out. One thread to rule them all???? :sketchy:

So, since this seems to be going pretty well, imma lock this thread so we can start discussing things like normal trolls.